Home

Additional filters for FF's editor

This is a discussion on Additional filters for FF's editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Additional filters for FF's editor

Added "All defense" and "All offense" to filters for use in Finn's Editor. Unzip and place wherever you want to access from.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL2K5 editor position filters.zip (1,020 Bytes, 29 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Additional filters for FF's editor

Maybe I'm missing some thing here. What is the filter for.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Additional filters for FF's editor

filters determine which players are "viewable" in the editor using whatever constraints you want... by default no filters are on, so you can see all the players at once for the roster you're looking at regardless of their position, ratings, etc

i used a bunch of filters when i created my basefile such as show only "all offensive lineman" or show "all defensive backs" (CB, SS, FS). It's helpful for browsing quickly through groups (like if you are copying & pasting ratings between files)

You can create a filter in literally a few seconds in one of two ways:
1) click the down arrow next to the column for either first name, last name, position, or any of the attributes (whatever you want to filter by) & then choose the second item down, "(custom)" , to bring up a quick-menu. Unfortunately, this method limits your filter to only 2 items however-- that's just the way the menu was coded. You just use basic logic in the menu to set what is visible in the editor. For example, if you wanted to filter so only safeties were showing (all safeties) you would set it so "position equals SS OR position equals FS."

2) The other way to filter is to first set the editor so only one specific item is showing. For example, click the dropdown menu for "position" & choose "QB" so only QBs are showing on the screen. Note that you can filter for any of the following using the dropdown quick menu: (1) first name, (2) last name, (3) position, (4) team, or (5) any of the attributes.... but unfortunately you can't filter for personal info like college or years experience. I'm not sure why that is.

Anyway, for another example, if you were to click the dropdown menu for AGL & chose "93", then only players w/ 93 AGL will be visible on screen-- that is a quick filter.
^once you have quick-filtered so any one item is selected, a "CUSTOMIZE" button will appear in the bottom right-hand corner. Clicking this will bring up a more sophisticated "Build Filter" menu, which will allow to quickly create any custom filter with any # of parameters (you are not limited to 2 items in this case unlike in the first method).

99% of people would probably never use filters but it's really helpful if you're trying to work with a bunch of specific players that fall into a range.

Last edited by puja21; 09-12-2007 at 09:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »