Home

Need more help testing

This is a discussion on Need more help testing within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #9
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Need more help testing

Sorry I'm late getting back to this...

It went pretty well... I played as the packers hosting the cowboys... I don't remember a lot of specifics, but both QBs threw one INT... I threw for two scores and ran for one... Romo hooked up with TO on a long pass (which was a catch and a broken tackle, which definitely fine with me...) for a score and I think Barber ran one it..

I ended up winning 21-17... but the gameplay was much improved... nice work man... keep it up...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Daflyboys,
On the new coaches settings section he has a tab called ratings that go all the way up to 127. If you look at all the ratings options in there, we might be looking at a whole other realm of roster tweaking. I asked him what they meant, and he said there will be a lot of tweaking to figure it all out. I'd be glad to help with some of the tweaking and testing, but we should come up with a consistant system of doing so. The only thing I can think of is start at zero and work up?

If you're talking about something other than large attributes, I haven't seen it. I'm going to DL his newest version and give it a go.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswitzer
Sorry I'm late getting back to this...

It went pretty well... I played as the packers hosting the cowboys... I don't remember a lot of specifics, but both QBs threw one INT... I threw for two scores and ran for one... Romo hooked up with TO on a long pass (which was a catch and a broken tackle, which definitely fine with me...) for a score and I think Barber ran one it..

I ended up winning 21-17... but the gameplay was much improved... nice work man... keep it up...

Thanks much and thx for helping w/ the testing. 3 questions for you:

1. What minute quarters did you use?
2. What were both QB's % completion?
3. What do you think is the #1 thing contributing to human team's (but cpu controlled) DB slowing down as the ball is in the air?

Next up: Kickers' accuracy rating adjustment (by career).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

it's large attributes 127 scale. but there are all kinds of new categories i've never seen.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #13
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Thanks much and thx for helping w/ the testing. 3 questions for you:

8min quarters, and I was using your sliders...
I don't remember the exact comp %, (I had to leave right after [doctors appt.]) but I'm pretty sure they were both in the 60's... It was definitely well balanced...

When the corners slow down, I really think its caused by the Agg rating... In fact, I'd say that I'm 99% sure that it is... but a weird thing happens when you up the Agg rating of corner backs... the opposing QB seems to make more rash throws and looks like hes under constant pressure in the pocket... If you up the composure rating of the QB, it'll take care of that... but I havent messed around with it enough to find any kind of balance, but I do know that a 127 QB COMP/127 CB AGG seems to give the advantage to the QB, but only slightly...

Hope that helps...
Old 09-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #14
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

That helps very much and thanks for taking the time. Once I get these rosters in order (I'm guessing I'm about 2/3rds done), I can then make duplicate rosters and do some more experimenting.

Adden.: I think what I'm going to do, since I'm not seeing the slow down all that often on the part of the cpu, is change my in-game playing rules on defense and allow myself to switch one time on a pass. I used to love taking control of the DB's on pass plays and try to mess up the play if possible....can be tough.

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-14-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
On the new coaches settings section he has a tab called ratings that go all the way up to 127. If you look at all the ratings options in there, we might be looking at a whole other realm of roster tweaking. I asked him what they meant, and he said there will be a lot of tweaking to figure it all out. I'd be glad to help with some of the tweaking and testing, but we should come up with a consistant system of doing so. The only thing I can think of is start at zero and work up?
I think someone said it best as this is probably an off-season function and I'm not going to mess with it as I'm not a multi-season guy. But the other % of what team do given a formation is very intriguing. It would be interesting to see that work!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »