Home

Seeking help recording pre-draft measurements

This is a discussion on Seeking help recording pre-draft measurements within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Seeking help recording pre-draft measurements

I have gotten a bunch of PMs from ppl offering to help with rookie ratings on my roster... & I am now calling upon the OS community for help w/ a related project.

for all ~260 rookies in my new roster file, I have already tracked down all of the following measurements I could find for each player; 40-time, 20-shuttle, 3-cone, bench reps, & vertical leap. I then used these measures in excel up against 4 formula ranges to generate the attributes for SPD, AGL, STR & JMP.

Now to better balance the entire roster file, I want to also check these 4 attributes up against the times for the 2005 & 2006 rookies (the remaining non-default roster players). So, I'm seeking help in looking up 4 measurements from NFLdraftscout.com for the ~540 players who entered the league in '05 or '06. I already have the template to distribute; all these players in a spreadsheet w/ blank columns for each measurement

If you are willing to help, please just post a reply in this thread saying so... then in a couple days I'll just divide the work up b/w all of us & PM you the spreadsheet & instructions. I did all 260 of the '07 rookies myself in about 5 hrs total, so if I get lucky & have 8-10 volunteers this shouldn't take too long per person. When all this is done, I will post all the measurements (as well as all the 2007 rookie numbers I found) back here @ OS for anyone else to use in the future or now on their own rosters. The nice part about having the measurements in excel is that any roster-maker can apply their own formulas to the combine #'s to quickly generate any desired range for physical attributes. And we have all the times in one place for all players who've come along since the game came out-- so we don't have to put up with some guy offering to sell his rosters here just because they include this info. It will all be available for free. Even Madden players might be interested in using this for their roster editing.

Thanks up front to anyone willing to help me with this.

Last edited by puja21; 09-13-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Seeking help recording pre-draft measurements

Here's an example of what I'd be looking for:

Using NFLdraftscout.com as the source, I want to pull the best number from either the combine or pro day... I want the "best #" rather than an average b/c from what I can tell, 2K did this for its 2004 rookies (like Triandos Luke).

From the site, search by last name for the player... if the search results are huge like for a last name of "Smith" or "Johnson" then just use CTRL-F & type the first name to find your guy). You could also search by first name if the guy has an uncommon name ie JaMarcus or Selvin

So, using Vikings FB Naufahu Tahi as an example:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=14330
--enter a 40-time of 4.81 (from his pro day)
--shuttle would be 4.61 (pro day)
--3-cone would be 7.27 (pro day)
--bench reps 35 (combine)
--vertical 33.5 (pro day)

Just ignore the avg, hi, and low 40-times right next to the player's picture unless he did not participate in either a pro day or the combine... in which case plug in the first time (an average) because having something is better than nothing. If any one of the 4 measures is missing (many players skip the bench press for instance) then just leave that cell blank.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm wit it.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

My PC doesn't have excel or else I could help some. I just have a program that reads excel files, but can't edit them.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2

yeah, I'm in too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
My PC doesn't have excel or else I could help some. I just have a program that reads excel files, but can't edit them.
http://www.openoffice.org/ Check it out. It's like a free version of Microsoft Office. Not bad if you don't have the real thing.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #7
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
http://www.openoffice.org/ Check it out. It's like a free version of Microsoft Office. Not bad if you don't have the real thing.
Shoot, that does look nice. Would that allow me to open and save excel files though?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

Think this answers my question:

Of course, you are free to use your old Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, or save your work in Excel format for sending to people who are still locked into Microsoft products. If all they want to see is your results, then use Portable Document Format (.pdf) - no need to buy any extra software.

If I can get this to work out puja, I'll help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »