Home

Daflyboys' last beta roster

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' last beta roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Daflyboys' last beta roster

Okay....got a major chunk of teams done this evening. Basicallly all divisions are done, including depth charts except for both Western ones. I still have 20+ player to make for them. UL'ing this for those interested in looking for blatant errors again. If I missed someone 3rd string or lower, I'm not going to sweat it. Same goes for LS. There may be a team or two where I still need to create players who simply return kicks/punts. I was able to simulate an entire season through the S.B. with no problems and this time I haven't been getting any naming errors pop up in the editor. Finn's editor upgrade in the depth chart department has clearly been a huge time saver!

Well let me know if you find anything glaringly wrong. Oh, I need help with the latest season ending injuries too.

After this, I'll be finishing it up with a finalized roster, including new formulas for better, more accurate kickers. I'm also going to play around with the agg ratings for CB's esp. to get them to stop doing the "circle run". Oh, these do not include playbook switches as of yet for teams going to a 3-4.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Phase9E.zip (250.2 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-15-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Daflyboys' last beta roster

nice work

lol i hate that "circle run" from the dbs
Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
nice work

lol i hate that "circle run" from the dbs
same here, but i have a question, sorry if i'm a little behind,

is it the agility that causes the dbs to move like that.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboneking
same here, but i have a question, sorry if i'm a little behind,

is it the agility that causes the dbs to move like that.
switzer's suggestion was that it was the aggression. After I'm done with the roster, I'm going to experiment with that.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Daflyboys,
I'm not someone to be casting stones at glass houses or anything, so any recommendation I make is not personal OK? I know the Cowboys roster pretty well. In yours you have Marion Barber III at a speed setting of 113, Tyson Thompson at 110, and Julius Jones at 109. While I wish Barber were faster than the other 2, he just isn't. Thompson is the fastest whith Jones next and then Barber. If Barber had Thompson's speed with his running style he'd be LT. Barber is a very bruising runner though, but not all that fast. Holes close before he gets to them and has difficulty getting around the corner. He's great for powering up the middle in goal line situations and on screen and flat routes. You'll never see him break a big one unless he's run over a half dozen people before the field opens up. Thats why Jones plays between the 20's and they put Barber in in the redzone and why Barber gets the number of TD's he gets. Just letting you know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Daflyboys,
I'm not someone to be casting stones at glass houses or anything, so any recommendation I make is not personal OK? I know the Cowboys roster pretty well. In yours you have Marion Barber III at a speed setting of 113, Tyson Thompson at 110, and Julius Jones at 109. While I wish Barber were faster than the other 2, he just isn't. Thompson is the fastest whith Jones next and then Barber. If Barber had Thompson's speed with his running style he'd be LT. Barber is a very bruising runner though, but not all that fast. Holes close before he gets to them and has difficulty getting around the corner. He's great for powering up the middle in goal line situations and on screen and flat routes. You'll never see him break a big one unless he's run over a half dozen people before the field opens up. Thats why Jones plays between the 20's and they put Barber in in the redzone and why Barber gets the number of TD's he gets. Just letting you know.
Okay, thx.....I've not typically touched RB speed ratings from other rosters that were built upon, only globally increased or decreased depending on what I was experimenting with. I'll make this tweak accordingly and keep it in the range. One thing I'm not going to do though is study 40 times, etc. My main goal is to get this thing finalized and out there for people to play some good games vs. the cpu. Thanks again!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
Rookie

i'm pretty sure it is the agression ratings too.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Daflyboys,
i agree w/ you here & i'm not saying 40-times translate well into football SPD in pads (esp on a close/tight scale w/ wind & what not) but the recorded pre-draft times were:
Barber: 4.49
Jones: 4.47
Thompson 4.52

they probably aren't light years apart in straight-line speed. with regards to hitting the holes or breaking long-runs, barber may just not be as instinctive or his 5 & 10 yard bursts may be slower etc (i never understood why they dont value those times higher)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »