Home

puja21 07-08 Roster

This is a discussion on puja21 07-08 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: puja21 07-08 Roster

thanks man appreciate your work
Old 09-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
I haven't really looked over it in the game yet, just Finn's editor. One thing I noticed was Wilfork's stamina should be higher. He pretty much played every single down last year for the Patriots. But that is something I can always do on my own, not too big a deal.

Good job so far. =)
again, i have a good amount of ratings work to do like i said (I did at least get Wilfork up among the elite DTs w/ Tommie Harris/Stroud/Jamal Williams/Hampton etc for his stellar 06 play ). Light is on the to-do list for sure-- I know his reputation. Just like I will be re-doing AGG for DBs & OL, in the very near future i'm going to address STM, DUR, CMP, & LDR updates for pretty much everyone to reflect aging veterans, progressing new stars, etc.

i have already done a ton of work since '06, but there are 1700 players. many starting RBs have had DUR updated for instance... a drop for guys who were nicked up a lot last year or have had major injuries in the past: Portis, Alexander, Cadillac, Kevin Jones, Gore (2 ACLs & a meniscus @ Miami), Deuce, Morency, Foster, Ahman, Chris Brown. Nothing extremely low, just no more mid-90s DUR for Portis etc . On the flipside I boosted for guys who've been able to play consistent full seasons: Rudi, Tomlinson, EJames, JLewis, TJones, Parker, Steven Jackson, Chester Taylor...

some troubled players already have leadership dumped down near 20:
-Haynesworth, head stomp
-Marcus Thomas, kicked off UF Gators
-Tony Hargrove, arrests
-Paul Oliver, academically ineligble @ UGA
-Kay-Jay Harris, OTF problems @ WVU
-Jerramy Stevens, super bowl nonsense/DWI
-Chris Henry, Bengal arrests

i was really way up to my eyeballs just creating the hundreds of new players w/ all their info correctly, plus charting all the physical measures of ~800 new players since 2004. give me some time & i'll enhance a lot more in the ratings dept

Quote:
E. Hobbs needs a speed bump to 95, he is probably the fastest player on the Pats.
Randall Gay's speed should be dropped to about an 88, he doesn't run that fast because of all the ankle injuries he has had.
^both their speeds are directly from pre-draft 40 times; Hobbs ran mostly mid-4.4s w/ one wind-aided 4.38... Gay ran all stellar times of 4.29, 4.32, 4.36. & 4.38-- I will prob lower Gay some, however... I like to represent things like injury decline whenever it's well-established/evident

I wasn't sure about Adalius Thomas when I saw that in the depth chart b/c he was such a traditional hybrid-end & all offseason they were talking about using him as an outside pass rusher. I'll switch them.

I really appreciate info like this from people who follow any team really closely, so please keep it coming!

Last edited by puja21; 09-16-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

general questions. If you start a franchise with these rosters, will the CPU teams gobble up the FA? I think you mentioned earlier you were going to post a roster file with these IR guys on their correct teams. Are you still planning on doing that?

Are you planning on creating a franchise file with the correct 07-08 schedule?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
general questions. If you start a franchise with these rosters, will the CPU teams gobble up the FA? I think you mentioned earlier you were going to post a roster file with these IR guys on their correct teams. Are you still planning on doing that?

Are you planning on creating a franchise file with the correct 07-08 schedule?
1) almost certainly
2) yes there will be roster w/ ideal/healthy depth charts (& Marco Rivera will be overwritten... i think he is the last retired player of "notable OVR rating" in FA)
3) yes
^prob do it just like last year w/ NCAA seniors in the draft class & injured guys like David Pollack on IR

Last edited by puja21; 09-16-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #13
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
1) almost certainly
2) yes
3) yes
Ok. Now when you release the roster file, you do you lower all the IR guys to '0' overall so the CPU don't sign them?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #14
MVP

No, i wouldn't lower attributes to zero for the healthy roster... the point of releasing a healthy/ideal depth charts roster is so people can play with guys like Mike Brown etc.

otherwise what's the point, right?

if you wanted to start a franchise now without the CPU randomly picking up these star players, you could either:
(1) sign the IR guys to their teams
(2) do what you just described (zero out IR players' attributes).. using Finn's global editor it would take all of 5 seconds

when i release a franchise file-- the IR guys will either be healthy & signed, not in the file at all, or on the actual in-game IR list. Make sense?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #15
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Great job as always, puja!! Name wise, you killed it!

I know you're still working on it, but here's a few things I noticed:

Ariz - Chukky Obiki is #55, Jerheme Urban is not a rookie
Buf - Jason Whittle is a G
Clev - Kellen Winslow has an in-game face. Even though his pic doesn't show, if you have it listed his face will be in game.
Cinn - Chris Perry, same as above.
Cinn - Herana-Daze Jones is a FS, you have his pbp name as Thomas Jones
Sea - Charlie Frye is #5
SD - Philip Rivers, same thing as Winslow and Perry.
SF - Vernon Davis's jump should be a 93. He had a 42" vertical.

I noticed that you have a number of the new punters rated in the 50's and 60's. Not sure if you used another position to create them but you have a lot of free agents punters that you can overwrite.

Also, your free agents are full of players that haven't played in years and still have Berman, Steve-O, etc sitting there. Not sure if you have anything planned for them.

Again, incredible job!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

thanks so much for these!! appreciate the time and effort you continue to put into this project - means a lot to us!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »