Home

Importing question

This is a discussion on Importing question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Importing question

First, let me say I just spent a long time searching through and reading many threads containing the words import, importing, rosters, etc. to find what I am looking for and I did find some info, but I would like clarification:

Is the Import function on the editor still a little shaky (does it mess things up?) I read it was, but that was a while ago.

Is it only a problem in franchises w/multiple seasons? (Mine is intended for a single year's play).

How does one take a completed roster and move it to a fresh roster? Do I need to redo everything / redo just the names and copy the attributes / or just import the old roster into the new file? (It seems like this last one would cause problems with name limits, overwriting, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Importing question

^the import team tool can be used to make a roster for single-season play without problems (i have done this)

it is a two-part process. first, you need to export the team or teams from one file to a folder somewhere on your computer. secondly, you need to import those teams (".2k5team" file extensions) back into the "new" roster.

to do this:
--in Finn's editor, open the roster(s) containing the teams you want to ADD
--for each team you want to export, right-click the team name from the browsing line near the top middle of the editor's interface
--select "export" & save the team to a folder on your computer (just keep them all in the same folder for organization sake)
--open the target roster, you want to load the teams into.
--for each team, right-click the name again & select import this time, browsing to the appropriate file you just saved.
--after you're done, you will have to fix the depth charts for all 32 teams

Important notes to limit problems:
1) make sure that the destination & replacement team have the same amount of players on each of the 2 rosters
2) after importing every team, save the file, close it, re-open it & repeat (if you do multiple teams in one run w/o saving & closing in b/w it can mess up)
Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Cool. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

no problem-- let me know if you run into any issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »