Home

Real Play Rosters Vers. 3 & 4

This is a discussion on Real Play Rosters Vers. 3 & 4 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #9
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Real Play Rosters Vers. 3 & 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Okay, the other animation I'm now seeing with vswitz's agg tweaks is the WR "giving up" on a few balls where instead they should have continued their route. It may take scaling agg back to 75 instead of where it is (which I think is 90). I'll try to capture a vid of it next time it happens.
weird... I've never ran into that problem...

The increased AGG rating will make them break off their route once it is over to try and get open (most notable on Hook and Hitch patterns)... I'd definitely be interested in seeing a vid of whats going on...

Also, try globally increasing the QBs compusure rating... it'll help cut back on the bad passes and the INTs thrown... I'd suggest just picking a number (Like 110 for instance) and taking it from there... I definitely remember finding a decent balance between DB AGG and QB COMP when I worked on your roster last month... but that file is long gone, because, well, I suck at life.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I didn't know if it was the pass read coverage or composure. Composure doesn't seem to make the "scramblers" take off like we once thought as I see it. This is a good suggestion, but I'm not going to globally edit to make composure a standard value. If it affects effectiveness of QB's moreso than other ratings, then it will be in concert with their real life counterparts.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #11
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I didn't know if it was the pass read coverage or composure. Composure doesn't seem to make the "scramblers" take off like we once thought as I see it. This is a good suggestion, but I'm not going to globally edit to make composure a standard value. If it affects effectiveness of QB's moreso than other ratings, then it will be in concert with their real life counterparts.
I meant that you should globally edit in a test file...

The best way I could think of going about it would be to pick one of the elite QBs (Like Manning or Brady) and use them as sort of a peak... If say Manning's composure is normally at 100 and you get better results with a 120 composure rating, then I'd globally edit every QB with 20% increase based on those results... Or maybe even take the QB with the highest composure rating and increase it until you're satisfied with the results, then globally add the same amount of points...

If the QB seems skittish in the pocket, and seems to force passes too often, then I promise its the COMP... I figured that out a long time ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswitzer
I meant that you should globally edit in a test file...

The best way I could think of going about it would be to pick one of the elite QBs (Like Manning or Brady) and use them as sort of a peak... If say Manning's composure is normally at 100 and you get better results with a 120 composure rating, then I'd globally edit every QB with 20% increase based on those results... Or maybe even take the QB with the highest composure rating and increase it until you're satisfied with the results, then globally add the same amount of points...

If the QB seems skittish in the pocket, and seems to force passes too often, then I promise its the COMP... I figured that out a long time ago.

Ya, switz, understood what you meant. My other issue with the aggression level on the DB's (especially the CBs) is that they're biting too hard on double moves, leaving the WR too open. But I plan on doing your suggestion in an experiment as well as lowering DB agg some and upping their cover rating slightly.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Hey, nice work on these, they really help out the gameplay. However, I did notice that during franchise the QBs are putting up ridiculous sim stats (due to the upped ratings). Any way of getting around this?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C Unit
Hey, nice work on these, they really help out the gameplay. However, I did notice that during franchise the QBs are putting up ridiculous sim stats (due to the upped ratings). Any way of getting around this?
i think the only possible way around this is too make the dbs a little bit better.

but how?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C Unit

It's a balance. You can either get realistic game play, good stats, but rarely do you get both. It just comes down to a matter of what you want. Personally, I'll take the in-game stuff where QB's aren't throwing 3 or more INT's each game.

Last edited by daflyboys; 10-10-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #16
Rookie

airkix72's Arena

I downloaded ESPNNFL2K5_RealPlayV4.zip and when I tried to play lions @ philly the game always freezes as soon as dan and peters first lines are said (after the lions vs eagles screen).

please help
thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »