Home

PUJA21 Files: Please do not post in here at all.

This is a discussion on PUJA21 Files: Please do not post in here at all. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20

If the mods don't have a problem, I'd like to use this thread to post all my rosters & franchises. Ideally, no one else would post at all here so you can come in & quickly find the latest files without clicking through pages & pages of discussion.

First file is my final version of last season's roster. I needed to update this file to create the 07-08 franchise I'm about to release, so it was just a bonus result of that project.

PUJA21 06-07 FINAL ROSTER
--All my current ratings have been applied by hand (based on 06-07 results so more accurate IMO than last year's files)
--Some 2006-specific ratings changes were made (e.g. Daunte Culpper's SPD dropped to reflect his slow recovery from knee surgery)
--All DTs in the file (including FAs) have STM set according to my OVR-STM relationship chart
--The few remaining fake photos have been removed & all cyberfaces restored (possible thanks to Finn's new info export tool).
--All PBP set to "last name only" whenever possible, or otherwise jersey number.
--PR/KR depth charts are set to the actual 06-07 team leaders in attempts for each
--67 players from the default roster had incorrect "years pro," & advancing the in-game year to 06-07 of course did not remedy these errors. These players have all been set to correct years experience courtesy slapnutz2k2
--No free agent is rated higher than 75 OVR

Playbooks & Shell Defenses:
49ers= Chargers PB, 3-4 def
Browns= Patriots PB, 3-4 def
Texans= Broncos PB, 4-3 def

The following CAP players have fullname PBP:
--Chris Kuper, Broncos
--Marcus Spears, Cowboys
--Jimmy Williams, Falcons
--Anthony Bryant, Lions
--Mike Williams, Lions
--Reynaldo Hill, Titans
--Roydell Williams, Titans
--David Ball, draft class (these players from here down are only in the franchise file of course)
--Courtney Brown, draft class
--Tony Brown, draft class
--Chris Davis, draft class
--Anthony Gonzalez, draft class
--Korey Hall, draft class
--Ed Johnson, draft class
--Adrian Peterson, draft class
--Steve Smith, draft class
--Jonathan Wade, draft class
Other PBP near matches, or spelling differences:
Player name, Team, PBP entry
--Airese Currie, Bears, Curry
--Keith Ellison, Bills, Allison
--Jim Leonhard, Bills, Leonard
--Simon Fraser, Browns, Frazier
--Brodney Pool, Browns, Poole
--Patrick Cobbs, Dolphins/FA, Cobb
--Gerris Wilkinson, Giants, Wilkerson
--Wes Welker, Patriots, Walker
--Will Buchanon, Raiders, Buchanan
--Andrew Walter, Raiders, Walters
--Demeco Ryans, Texans, Ryan
--Kevin Walter, Texans, Walters
--Sam Koch, Ravens, Cook
--Kevin Kolb, draft class, Cobb
--James Marten, draft class, Martin
--Stephen Nicholson, draft class, Nichols
--Chris Reis, draft class, Reese
--Cameron Stephenson, draft class, Stevenson

The following teams all wear black shoes & every other team is set to #3 shoes:
--49ers
--Bears
--Bengals
--Bills
--Browns
--Bucs
--Cardinals
--Colts
--Eagles
--Falcons
--Giants
--Jaguars
--Jets
--Lions
--Panthers - Steve Smith #3 shoes
--Ravens
--Redskins
--Saints
--Seahawks
--Vikings
courtesy slapnutz2k2 (i think-... correct me if someone else sent me this info)

There is a franchise for this 06-07 season coming next with every single 2007 rookie who was drafted, activated, undrafted-&-signed etc etc located in the draft pool w/ up-to-date ratings.

If you have any questions, comments, thoughts, discussion etc about this or any of my files please DO NOT post them in this thread. Instead direct all posts to the following:
PUJA21 File Discussion Thread
This will hopefully keep this thread free & clear for file postings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Puja06Roster.zip (267.2 KB, 435 views)

Last edited by puja21; 11-14-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 AM   #2
MVP

Re: PUJA21 Files: Please do not post in here at all.

06-07 FINAL FRANCHISE RELEASE:
Everything described for the roster in the post above applies to this file as well. Additionally:
--All the rookies in my 07-08 roster files have been added to the offseason draft class with their current ratings applied.
--All remaining draft selections from the actual 2007 draft are also in the draft class (ie those players who were drafted but didn't make any team, those who are on practice squads, & those who went on IR prior to the season). This includes players like Florida State's Buster Davis, the Bengals' Kenny Irons, the Patriots' Oscar Lua, as well as numerous low round selections who never got past training camp.
--Approx 40 additional 2007 prospects who were never drafted or signed at all are also in the draft class to fill it out more
--The remaining 16 "game-generated" draft prospects in the class are either TE, K, or P & all have every attribute set to zero. These 16 players are left so that they can be overwritten into any other new players as desired.
--06-07 Schedule is loaded
--Several hundred players have real-life contracts in terms of years, contract value, guarantee/bonus (or some combination of these factors if player's-wants & cap room made matching each impossible)
--Every single player with a one-year contract is a player who is no longer with that team in 07-08 or who signed a new contract during the offseason
--36 Players are on injured reserve to start the season (see attached spreadsheet)
--QBs who began the 2006 season as starters are currently #1 on the depth chart (eg Drew Bledsoe, Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins, Mark Brunell, etc)

Spreadsheet
The attached excel spreadsheet includes an accurate IR list for 2006 thru Christmas for the 06-07 season. The players highlighted in yellow are the 36 guys already on injured reserve to start the season.

The workbook is tabbed with three sheets: There are 2 sorts for easy navigation (by team & by date). The "week" column in each of those tabs indicates the first week missed by the player because of IR (So, if you're following this, you'd put him on IR prior to that week). The final column in those 2 sheets has a "B" for some rows. This is used to indicate that there was no more room on the team's in-game IR list at that point in the season (max of 5 players). So the "B" indicates that the player was moved to the bottom of the depth chart in my sim as an alternative to IR. The third tab in the spreadsheet just indicates what other parameters I followed in executing the 2006 "real season outcome sim" (e.g. it lists depth chart changes like which QBs started various weeks, which RBs split starts, & which games needed their outcomes changed to get accurate 2006 playoff seeding).
^Basically this spreadsheet acts as an informal "what happened in 2006"

Again, if you have any questions, comments, thoughts, discussion etc about this or any of my files please DO NOT post them in this thread. Instead direct all posts to the following:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Puja06Fran.zip (300.0 KB, 162 views)
File Type: zip IR List Thru Xmas.zip (12.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 AM   #3
MVP

11/19/2007 07-08 Roster update:
--Transactions through this weekend w/ a few re-signing exceptions (eg TJ Rushing is in free agency)
--50+ new players added & signed to their teams
--I left out the 3 players signed this weekend b/c over the past month I've added a dozen+ guys who were later released (Ike Ndukwe, Raymond Ventrone, Mike Kracalik, Darius Vinnet etc etc). It just got annoying looking up all the 40 times, birthdates, appearances etc for players who got cut a week later.
--IR players in FA
--a few new midseason ratings for some of the players discussed like Adrian Peterson, Derek Anderson, etc. Also, I'm testing some slightly more diverse QB ratings which may or may not stick. They are definitely in flux but feel free to comment on how they impact the gameplay; positive, adverse or otherwise.

There won't be any file postings from me until next Monday as I'm going to be 3000+ miles from my xbox for the next week (one of the reasons I posted this roster). However, I will still be mowing through the 07-08 franchise in the meantime on my laptop when I have free time on the road.

As usual, if you have any questions, comments, thoughts, discussion etc about this or any of my files please DO NOT post them in this thread. Instead direct all posts to the following:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Nov17.zip (267.2 KB, 232 views)
Old 12-02-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
MVP

12/02/07 Roster Update
--Transactions updated thru this weekend
--Another 20+ players added to the file, signed to their teams w/ depth charts adjusted (most of these are injury replacements). Among these are:
-Michael Adams CB ARZ (Eric Green IR)
-Conrad Bolston DT MIN (for susp Fred Evans)
-Zarnell Fitch DT BAL (Trevor Pryce IR)
-Dustin Fox CB BUF
-Gary Gibson DT CAR
-Gilbert Harris FB KC (Priest retirement)
-Kevin Huntley DE ATL
-Brian Kozlowski TE WAS
-Nick Roach LB CHI
-Mike Sinclair LB WAS
-Tank Daniels LB NYG
-Jason Trusnik LB NYJ
-Jyles Tucker LB SD (Wake Forest!)
-Marviel Underwood S GB (briefly)
-Kevin Vickerson DT
-Darius Walker RB HOU
-Greg Blue S DET
-Jon Dekker TE PIT
-Jamaica Rector WR ARZ
-Richard Angulo TE JAX
-Isaac Smolko TE JAX (Wrighster/Estandia IR)
-Corey Hilliard T IND
-Barry Stokes T DET (Jonathan Scott IR)
-Seth Wand T OAK (Cornell Green IR)
^their jersey #s are set from LocalSports as many times Yahoo, NFL.com, Ourlads etc all show a different value for the "53rd man's" jersey # until he's been on the team a week or two. All info has been set for them like every other player (charted physical attributes, PBP, college, skin/face, ht, wt, etc)
--IR players are still in free agency, & are set thru this weekend (e.g. Ricky, Rosy Colvin, Adrian Wilson etc now included... Sean Taylor & Priest are there too)
--Additional midseason rating tweaks have been made (I was pretty happy with the increased separation among QB ratings so that is still in from last posting, albeit more refined).
--Thanks to Finn's dominance (as per usual), it appears the one tiny bug plaguing this file has now been destroyed... there no more weird stats after the first offseason! Based on my limited testing this file could now be used "as is" to start franchises up with no bugs/freezing/etc (of course, it wouldnt have 100s of real contracts or real rookie prospects... )

Because I am not using any CAPs for this file (to help keep it bug-free in franchise mode), I am limited to 1944 total players... so, as I add new players I am "storing" all overwritten players in the free agent pool of a separate default roster. This serves as one easy place to go get any players who played a game or 2 this season but are presently excluded from the file due to space constraints (guys like Darius Vinnet STL, Willie Gaston BAL, Raymond Ventrone NE, Billy Latsko CAR, Michael Jennings NYG, etc). I've already got 150+ players sitting there in FA ready to be pasted over via the editor, all with correct info set (DOB, ht, wt, appearance, exp, PBP, college, ratings etc). So, I'll make that file available in the discussion thread for anyone seeking to quickly paste in one or more of these guys to the roster for themselves without doing any research/editing/leg work.

Next update will be franchiseV1 for testing. Thanks for any comments/appreciation & whatnot that I haven't responded to

As usual, if you have any questions, comments, thoughts, discussion etc about this or any of my files please DO NOT post them in this thread. Instead direct all posts to the following:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Dec01.zip (246.0 KB, 342 views)

Last edited by puja21; 12-02-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
MVP

07-08 Franchise
as described earlier today:
Quote:
--rosters accurate as of early in the season (i forget the exact date) w/ no IR adjustment ie everyone is healthy & starting
--Almost 200 players placed in FA who've seen action this season but weren't signed as of that point in the season (the IR replacement/fill-in signings)
--Full season suspensions Vick, Jones, & Thurman & severely injured David Pollack are in FA w/ zeroed attributes
--600+ "close to life" contracts w/ "years remaining" or better correct (many also have correct value & guarantee)
--updated schedule of course, salary cap set to 07-08 threshold of 109M, & no team w/ more than 25M in capspace
--newest ratings imported from my last roster
--all career stats cleared; clean slate for every player, veteran & rookie
--this file is actually a "year-2" franchise w/ rosters updated manually from 2006 which is nice b/c the free agent pool is much larger than a "from scratch franchise."
--in addition to the 120+ players who were signed, the rest of the FA class is filled out w/ undrafted rookies & unsigned veterans like Corey Dillon, Domanick Williams, etc. These players have tempered ratings & can be overwritten to add new players
--Players like Sean Taylor (active), Kevin Everett (FA), Mack Strong (active), Priest Holmes (FA), etc are all still in the file
Although this franchise will definitely not freeze based on my testing, it has some strange bugs suddenly popping up right now-- including verrry lengthy sim times during the playoffs & preseason & players showing stats prior to wk 1 of year 2 ugh. These can be cleared in the editor of couse, but hopefully a better solution will be found soon

Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Dec06F.zip (306.3 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by puja21; 12-06-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
MVP

Done. Finally... Jan/09/2008 "07-08 Franchise"

No bugs of any kind reported

UPDATED 07-08 SCHEDULE
Courtesy of FlyingFinn, the 07-08 Schedule is loaded & 100% accurate with no games moved & includes accurate flex schedule game order & accurate kickoff times

INCOMING ROOKIE CLASS
--All 380 draft prospects are real NCAA players from the top rankings of Scout.com & Scouts' Inc
--Prospects feature their speed attribute derived from an average of their campus 40-times (from NFLdraftscout.com). Other phys atts are based on a comparable player within the constraints of the roster
--Prospects all have each of the following accurate: college, height, weight, face/skin (determined from headshot), dreds, birthdate when available on the web, jersey #. Dominant hand (or foot) is correct for all kickers & QBs w/ all other players set at right-handed
--Ratings are based primarily on the Scouts' Inc ranking w/ the OVR ratings. Some work still to do on scrubs but the top players at each position matchup correctly in terms of desired OVR rating for ranking purposes (eg Darren McFadden/Glenn Dorsey/Chris Long are the top prospects)

SALARY
--Salary Cap is set at the actual 07-08 CBA figure of 109M
--This file now has over 1200 players who have real contracts (~65% of active players)
--Coincidently, the Redkins & Bills have all 53 players' contract updated to accurate
--The Redskins have the highest cap # just as in real life-- i actually had to renegotiate some deals from backloaded to ascending to bring them down under 109, as they are over in real-life by a few mil
--2 teams coincidently have over 30M in space just as exactly two did in real-life
--Falcons have the most space (b/c they don't have the huge Vick cap hit in the game) at just over 70% spent towards to the cap (31.88 cash under cap)
--ALL players in this file with 1-year contracts will be real-life free agents or restricted free agents this offseason
--215 players are in FA; all of whom i believe were active or signed for at least part of the 07-08 reg season

ROSTERS
--Rosters/Depth charts are basically set to the "best possible" lineup rather than accurate as of a specific date
--This is because there is no inactive list in the game (just injured reserve) & teams can only carry a max of 54 players. In real-life as players get injured/suspended etc, teams will deactivate, add & cut players regularly & in doing so they often exceed the 53-man max by a lot. I don't think anyone wants to see Jeff Charleston on the Colts & Dwight Freeney in free agency.
--This means that all players are healthy & starting regardless of real-life injury status
^So, Sean Taylor is the starting FS for the Redskins & players like Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown & Rosie Colvin are all active & starting, rather than on IR. Even Ricky Williams is a reserve RB on the Dolphins.
--Mid-season retirements like Mack Strong, Priest Holmes, & Kevin Everett are also active for this same reason Even David Pollack-- who may retire but was still on the Bengals' PUP & IR lists all season-- is on Cincinnati
--Because there is no "transactions date," this also means that Chris Chambers is a starting WR for the Chargers & not the Dolphins (even though the file starts in wk 1 of the 07-08 season & Chambers was not traded until several weeks in)
--Same for Byron Leftwich as the starting QB for the Falcons & John Carney kicking for the Chiefs, although neither was signed by those teams as of the season opening kickoff
--Kick returners & punt returners are set by who had the most returns in 07-08 unless the clear-cut top return man was injured... in which case he will be set as the starting returner rather than the replacement player who got the most reps
^For example, BJ Sams went on injured reserve early in the season but he is the Ravens' return man, so he is starting at those slots rather than Yamon Figurs/Cory Ross etc

PLAYBOOKS
Default team playbooks have been switched to more accurately reflect the team's current style of offense and/or shell defense
For example, the 49ers have the Chargers PB both because they now play a 3-4 & b/c their offense was designed by Norv Turner, who created Schottenheimer's 2004-2005 offense used in the game's default roster by San Diego

COACHES
--All editable coach info has been updated thru the beginning of the 07-08 season (career record, seasons w/ team, total seasons, playoff record, superbowl info, etc) and is viewable in the Coach card menu
--Body-types have been swapped to more accurately match the coach appearances
--Pictures have been removed for anyone new since 04-05
--No coach ratings or tendency changes yet, however (still experimenting)
--Finn has kindly updated the coach names for the 07-08 season (as we can't do this ourselves yet)
--Finn also added new "blurbs" about each of the following coaches who are new to the game:
49ers, Mike Nolan
Billls, Dick Jauron
Rams, Scott Linehan
Texans, Gary Kubiak
Vikings, Brad Childress

PLAY-BY-PLAY SPOKEN NAMES
--Every player new to the game since it's original release has their last name or full name spoken by announcers whenever possible
--There are ~900 new players since 2004; of those players, 440 will have their names spoken & 460 cannot be said by announcers (guys like Ashton Youboty are obviously among the latter group, while USC's Steve Smith, Reggie "Bush," Vince "Young" etc etc would be spoken)

UNIFORMS
--The Chargers' default jersey has been switched to the '63-65 version, which I believe is the one closest to their latest iteration. You can easily switch it to the default or powder blue jersey, however, under their team options in Finn's editor (available here: link ). Edit: evidently this tool isn't yet effective in franchise mode (it works in roster mode/exhibition games), so I guess you will still see the default jersey in games.... although the old school helmet will appear in the schedule. If I had to bet, I would guess Finn solves this too based on his track record of success.

A tabbed excel spreadsheet is attached as well which includes listings/info for each of the following:
--380 Draft class prospects
--Coach updates
--players w/ real contracts (FYI i lost a small portion of the list-- roughly 175 players-- so although there are only 1040 on this list... really just over 1200 players have real contracts applied)
--players w/ game-generated contracts
--players w/ one-year deals
--free agent list

Thanks to anyone who helped & to anyone who was patient. Sorry for the delay. Expect frequent updates.

EDIT: NEW FILE UPPED THUR JAN 10 @ ~3PM, as Finn has now updated the names for all coaches. Sorry the 17 ppl who already DLd. Apparently he had to do some complex editing, so let me know if any problems popped up as a result so we can get them fixed.

I'm not going to slander anyone else's work or be so arrogant as to say this is the best, most accurate or most realistic NFL2K update out there, so I'll just say this:

The file speaks for itself...

As usual, all comments, questions, discussion, & feedback are welcome but if you any have about this or any of my files please DO NOT post them in this thread. Instead direct all posts to the following thread:PUJA21 File Discussion Thread
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2007-01-09 - FRANCHISE INFO.zip (88.1 KB, 329 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Jan09F.zip (273.3 KB, 485 views)

Last edited by puja21; 01-11-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
MVP

This is the same file as above, except only one team is set to user-controlled (it is New England by default). This is of course for anyone who wants the other 32 teams to be set as computer-controlled. I posted it just to save some time, so everyone doesn't have to go through & manually set 31 teams to computer controlled one-by-one.

If you don't know how to toggle team-control from computer to user via Finn's Editor, click here: link

As usual, all comments, questions, discussion, & feedback are welcome but if you any have about this or any of my files please DO NOT post them in this thread. Instead direct all posts to the following thread:PUJA21 File Discussion Thread
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Jan09F_2.zip (273.3 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by puja21; 01-11-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 AM   #8
MVP

2008-2009 Xbox Roster, 3/9/2009

Four rosters; identical to one another, except for player contracts/salaries. For info on the differences between these 4 rosters, see post #1412 in my discussion thread: here

However, the details on the actual roster data itself (ratings, playbooks, coaches, ranges, tweaks, equip, etc) will be edited into this post in the future when I have a moment to get that all down in text.

Please post any questions or comments in the discussion thread & do not post at all in this thread. Thanks to all who contributed-- I'll include that list with the file description. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_0809A.zip (254.9 KB, 363 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_0809B.zip (254.8 KB, 91 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_0809C.zip (254.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_0809D.zip (255.0 KB, 26 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »