Home

Issue's with Puja's Draft classes.

This is a discussion on Issue's with Puja's Draft classes. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Issue's with Puja's Draft classes.

Everytime I try to drag and drop the files into Action Replay, I get a message that says " this is not a valid xbox save". I can drag and drop everything else, like rosters and franchises, but when I try doing the draft classes it doesn't work.

please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Issue's with Puja's Draft classes.

you have to import the draft classes into a franchise before you can transfer them over to the memory card.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

This should be under the "Puja File Discussion" thread
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumfinator
you have to import the draft classes into a franchise before you can transfer them over to the memory card.
Exactly how do you do that? Sorry, I'm new to all this.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

where are these draft classes? Are they for this upcoming draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Exactly how do you do that? Sorry, I'm new to all this.
first start a franchise. Then open that franchise up in finns editor, goto the draft class. On the draft class heading, right click and select import team, then browse to the draft class and open it. Finns editor will import it for you.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
where are these draft classes? Are they for this upcoming draft?
I have one, but my franchise froze so I am waiting for pujas upcoming midseason franchise to import them in. And yes, these draft classes will be for the upcoming draft in April 08.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

I think you guys are confused about Tito's question. If I am reading his post correctly, he is asking about a really old set of draft classes which were used to remedy franchise freezing in past seasons' franchise modes. I had previously extracted these from default-roster franchises & posted them to remedy freezing in some ancient files

Background is this:
Last year, I released a roster/franchise set for '06 which was modified from the OS community file. Because of some glitches in the creation of that original file I was piggy-backing on, the franchise required you to take generic draft classes (classes generated by the game in a franchise started from the default roster) & import those into the franchise using Finn's editor every season to keep it from freezing during the offseason draft.

These were NOT draft classes that contained real players, however (as it states numerous times in those old threads). Again, these were classes containing generic, game-generated players. This trick is no longer necessary & has no bearing on my current files. Basically, it's a dead topic that would only be relevant to people using those old files.. however, I have even re-posted a new, bug-free version of my 2006 franchise which doesn't require those default draft classes anymore.

If my assumption is right, Tito is confused about these old default draft classes, incorrectly assuming them to contain real college players. I extracted & posted 4 classes only to allow "less Finn savvy" OS users to continue their franchises out for 5 seasons... I was definitely not creating college draft classes 5 years into the future (as if anyone could to that w/ any accuracy). These default classes were named 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011 only to indicate which in-game franchise year they corresponded with regarding players' birthdates (ie the prospects in those classes would be 20-22 years old if they were loaded into the correct season). This has all been explained dozens of times & was completely diagrammed in the thread where these classes were posted.

tito: if you are asking about something else, clarify it please

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »