Home

HOW DO I - back to 2k5 - need updates

This is a discussion on HOW DO I - back to 2k5 - need updates within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: HOW DO I - back to 2k5 - need updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Okay guys. I have the game and have found that they have the Xsata at my local Best Buy. My question is this: has anyone been able to use this setup to successfully get the game up to date? I don't want to drop 40 bones on the Xsata only to have it have been disabled by some Microsoft update. Help, please.....
^that's why BestBuy has one of these: 30-Day Return Period
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 12

why dont guys ust use the xbox 360 transfer kit and 360 memory card? is it because they wont work on xbox 1 games in ur 360?
Old 12-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #27
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumfinator
You will need:

Action replay
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Replay

A memory card - can be microsoft brand.

And any franchise / roster file from this website.

This should help start you out.
Ok I'm kinda struggling to figure this out. I have the action replay plugged into the USB port and my xbox memory card plugged into the AR. So, all I need to do is save one of the rosters on this site to the action replay?? and is that what I do with Finn's editor? Or do I just save the editor to the computer? Im a little lost and some guidance would be nice from anybody.....thanks alot!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
Ok I'm kinda struggling to figure this out. I have the action replay plugged into the USB port and my xbox memory card plugged into the AR. So, all I need to do is save one of the rosters on this site to the action replay?? and is that what I do with Finn's editor? Or do I just save the editor to the computer? Im a little lost and some guidance would be nice from anybody.....thanks alot!!!
The editor gets downloaded and installed on your pc. Download it first to your desktop and then run (double click) the file you just downloaded. The editor can be used to change player info (ratings, apperance, etc.) but is not required to use rosters you download from here.

You drag and drop whatever roster file you download from here to your ActionReplay memory card and then load it in game.

The editor has nothing to do with the AR device.

C
Old 12-08-2007, 02:55 AM   #29
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
The editor gets downloaded and installed on your pc. Download it first to your desktop and then run (double click) the file you just downloaded. The editor can be used to change player info (ratings, apperance, etc.) but is not required to use rosters you download from here.

You drag and drop whatever roster file you download from here to your ActionReplay memory card and then load it in game.

The editor has nothing to do with the AR device.

C

Alright I got that all figured out. Thanks a lot. One more thing though. I have the roster saved on my xbox and I want to start a season but I want the correct schedule. I know that I have to start but not play a franchise and save it to the xbox memory card. Then I got a schedule from this site but it won't let me drag and drop into finns editor like i was told. Is there anything else I can do? or am I doing something wrong?? thanks in advance....
Old 12-08-2007, 03:18 AM   #30
MVP

not sure who would tell you to drag & drop a schedule into finn's editor... you dont even need to download the updated schedule separately anymore as it is now included in the finn's editor DL.

just open your franchise in finn's editor, click on the schedule tab, click load, & select 07-08 season
Old 12-08-2007, 03:34 AM   #31
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
not sure who would tell you to drag & drop a schedule into finn's editor... you dont even need to download the updated schedule separately anymore as it is now included in the finn's editor DL.

just open your franchise in finn's editor, click on the schedule tab, click load, & select 07-08 season
Im really struggling to get everything going. I can't seem to open my franchise in finn's editor. What am I doing wrong? I am getting file not specified or something like that. a little bit more guidance would be greatly appreciated..sorry for the whinning..haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2007, 03:52 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
Im really struggling to get everything going. I can't seem to open my franchise in finn's editor. What am I doing wrong? I am getting file not specified or something like that. a little bit more guidance would be greatly appreciated..sorry for the whinning..haha
First, you need to be in week one of the regular season with no games played or simulated. Otherwise, you cant load / create / edit the schedule.

Now, save the franchise file to you AR. Transfer the file from the AR to your PC. (I'm assuming that you obviously know how to transfer files to and from your PC)

Go to your programs folder on your PC. Go to Datel > Action Replay Xbox > Saves. Now, simply copy and paste the franchise file onto your desktop. Dont delete the franchise file in the saves folder until after you pasted it onto your desktop.

Open Finn's editor. Click on file and then open. Select the desktop option located to the left. Click on the file and then click open. You should now have the franchise file on screen starting with the 49ers. Click on the schedule tab on the top left. It's above the "SF" logo. Click "load schedule". Select the schedule that you want and click open. If you're not going to do any editing of the schedule, click on the "teams" option on the top left corner. This will bring you back to the 49ers roster.

Click on the "x" that closes the file, NOT the editor. You'll be asked if you want to save the file. Click yes. Once done, close the editor. Now, hook up your AR to the USB port and open up the AR program. Once opened, drag the franchise file over to the column on the left. It will save to the memory card automatically. Once done, close the AR program and remove the AR from your USB port. remove the memory card from the cord attachment and plug it into the Xbox controller. Now, load the franchise file in-game and you're ready to play.

Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »