Home

Eagles 1991 Roster

This is a discussion on Eagles 1991 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Eagles 1991 Roster

I would first like to thank Puja, Flying Finn, Capa, and Daftboy (in no particualr order) for all of your hard work and dedication. It was so amazing to find this community of people who feel the same way I do about this game. With everyones help this timeless game will live as long as we want it to. For everyone else who contributed and for whom I did not mention my thanks goes out to you as well.

I have been a member of this board for some time now and wanted to wait until I had something to contribute before I started posting. With everyones posts I have learned quite a bit. This is my first attempt so be gentle.

This is the complete 1991 Phila Eagles Roster that I have compiled from the official 1991 Eagles Media Guide, the great websites that have been posted here, and 10 complete games on video from that year. This is still my favorite Eagles team of all time, my belief is that if Randall did not get hurt in the 1st QT of the first game, that was there year to win the SB. The defense had it's best year under new Def coardinator Bud Carson, and was the last year the Eagles had Jerome Brown before he tragically passed away. For the Eagle fanatics like me, you'll remember that Jim McMahon also was hurt for a lot of that season as well. The games we lost that year were because of inept QB play of the likes of Brad Goebel and Pat Ryan. Jeff Kemp became the 2nd stringer and actually played decent in McMahons absence. Some how, the Eagles and there defense got them to a 10-6 record and just missed the playoffs.

In the roster I included every QB that played a game for the Eagles that year (5) and every player that played in an actual game. The total roster size is 54 players. The depth chart I chose was taken from actual game tape's that I have. Obviously they changed sometimes from week to week. I used Pujas Nov 17 Roster file (Thank you!) as a base and it's attributes. I did however juice a little a few of the players (Randall, Reggie, Jerome) If the experts can please try this roster and let me know if I made any mistakes or ways to improve my roster making. I would like to make Eagles Rosters from the Years (1988-1995) The only problem I think I might have is that I put the actual birth dates of all of the player and I know they have to be adjusted for the current year, couldn't find how to do this.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 1991Eagles.rar (4.3 KB, 15 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #2
Madden Ultimate Team Hero

fredropro's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Eagles 1991 Roster

Thanks man. I believe you are right it was there best team.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredropro
Thanks man. I believe you are right it was there best team.

Your Welcome, here's an updated roster with the correct shoe colors for all players along with the correct equipment for most players. I'm posting the roster file along with the individual team roster. Can someone help explain to me the difference between roster files and franchise files? I would like to create my own dream league and take individual team rosters and import them into one roster file and start a franchise from that. Is that possible or are there glitches associated with that? Puja, was wondering if you could explain why when you post your roster updates you also post franchise? Is this for schedule issues?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_1991Eagles.zip (249.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: rar 1991Eagles.rar (4.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Yes! The glory days! Thanks robeef!

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
MVP

purpose of posting a franchise separate from a roster:
--i put in the updated schedule for 2007 (some people cant figure this out)
--I add the upcoming draft class in (Darren McFadden etc)
--sometimes I put guys on IR like LeCharles Bentley or David Pollack
--real contracts or some sort of contract adjustment make everything balanced out
^that sort of thing

regarding player age: if you end up just using the default schedule (04-05) for your franchise, then that becomes the "base year" for your franchise.

So, to get birthdates correct you need to add the difference between 1991 & 2004 (which is 13 years) to each player's DOB. Example: Eric Allen DOB 11/22/65 was 26 years old in 1991. Roll that fwd to 11/22/1978 & he is now 26 years old in year one of a franchise using the 04-05 default schedule.

Finn's editor used to let you do this automatically but I dont think it works in his latest versions. What you would do before was set every players' birth-date to their real DOB w/ no adjustment & then go to "ADVANCE YEAR" in the editor & type a negative number in (-13 for 1991) to roll back the game the correct # of years.

Easiest way now would probably be to edit your franchise's schedule by hand so it's 1991 dates. IIRC i think my 1990 eagles historic team has the correct birth dates, so you could copy those over using finn's restore tool, selecting "DOB" as the only info to import... since so many of the players are the same for 1990 & 91

also, if you import the teams in the editor for your dream league (eg don't create them by hand) the franchise will likely freeze up after the 1st season, so it'll really only be good for single season play. I did this for a "great teams" league a while back-- it's posted on dolphin's site but i put the 2004 eagles in there for some reason instead of 1990 (i think i was planning on doing one w/ all teams from pre-1995 but never got to it)

(http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/).

Last edited by puja21; 12-08-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21

also, if you import the teams in the editor for your dream league (eg don't create them by hand) the franchise will likely freeze up after the 1st season, so it'll really only be good for single season play. I did this for a "great teams" league a while back-- it's posted on dolphin's site but i put the 2004 eagles in there for some reason instead of 1990 (i think i was planning on doing one w/ all teams from pre-1995 but never got to it).

What do you mean by create by hand? Do you mean creating by in game menu? Should I only create by using Flying Finns Editor? I simmed an entire season with my 91'Eagles dream team along with your Nov 17 roster update and must say I've never had a more realistic football experience! Didn't freeze at all even going into 2nd game of 2nd season! Thanks Puja!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

there's a tool in finn's editor that lets you import entire teams in one click so you could create a dream league in less than 10 minutes from already created historic teams available here...

but that tool often causes freezing. that's what i meant
Old 12-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
there's a tool in finn's editor that lets you import entire teams in one click so you could create a dream league in less than 10 minutes from already created historic teams available here...

but that tool often causes freezing. that's what i meant
and you won't be able to rename your teams so you'd have to keep track of who you imported. In other words, in game, the team will read Pittsbugh Steelers...not 1978 Steelers. Or Philadelphia Eagles...not 1991 Eagles.

I asked Finn if he is working on being able to change names with his editor, but I think he is bogged down with real life work these days.

C

PS: Great job o the Eagles file!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »