Home

How do the Player Ratings work???

This is a discussion on How do the Player Ratings work??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How do the Player Ratings work???

But then what ratings would I use to create Willie Parker, Reggie Bush, etc???

Another problem is that 40 yd dash, bench press, aren't that accurate. For example, many players play much slower than their 40 time (Leon Hall, Eddie Kennison).
Old 12-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
It may not be 43 reps anymore, but at the Pro Bowl last year he still benched more than any other guy there...for which they crowned him the "NFL's strongest man."
^that was actually when he did 43 reps

Quote:
But then what ratings would I use to create Willie Parker, Reggie Bush, etc???

Another problem is that 40 yd dash, bench press, aren't that accurate. For example, many players play much slower than their 40 time (Leon Hall, Eddie Kennison).
^i have posted all the times & ratings collected by the community project for every new player (like Parker & Bush). It's here on OS for everyone to see. In my roster, every new player is already set according to the charts.

You really need to start using the search feature & do some work yourself like the rest of us-- I learned almost everything I know in the last year for the most part by trial & error & by reading old threads (& the occasional question ). This is why it's a forum; everything's archived so it doesn't have to be re-posted every week.

The issue of players playing slower or faster has been discussed a million times-- the 40 time & other measures were/are used because it is an unbiased objective measure that is based in reality so you don't get homerism. IMO it's the best alternative in a flawed world.

It doesn't get much better than this; in my files, you've got every new player to the game w/ their physical attributes already set at pre-draft measurements. Now you can go ahead & tweak guys like Leon Hall & Eddie Kennison for your own play if that's what you think should happen.

Last edited by puja21; 12-09-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

Well im changing the 2k rating to madden ratings. Because Madden rating is just better. They only i dont change is stamina because it base on position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #12
MVP

what do you mean "madden rating is just better"

they are 2 completely different games, with different programing & totally different ratings systems... they dont even have the same attributes. Example: can anyone tell me definitively what impact strength has on the gameplay-- if any? it could even be different for every position. you can make a guess & examine what things happen when strength is set at various intervals, but the fact is that no one here has any idea w/ certainty... all you can know is that the game played well out of the box, & it plays better w/ some tweaks. Just arbitrarily changing ratings to match madden could cause any number of weird gameplay issues to arise. not saying it will automatically be bad, but don't expect it to necessarily play well if you just import madden's ratings

Last edited by puja21; 12-10-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #13
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I think some things you just shrug your shoulders and walk away...
Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 AM   #14
MVP

^yeah, i really need to work on that
Old 12-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #15
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
Example: can anyone tell me definitively what impact strength has on the gameplay-- if any?
What I've noticed about the impact of strength in the game is that it helps WR's break jams at the line and get open faster. Adversely, CB's with good strength can jam WR's at line for longer amounts of time thus making it easier to sack you. I've also noticed that when I play a team like the Cowboys, who have bigger, stronger LB's than most teams, Tony Gonzales gets knocked off his routes a lot more frequently.

I believe that as far as RB's go it affects (effects?) if they can fall forward for a few more yards, don't quote me on that, but I do notice that some weaker LB's and FS/SS's need help bringing down a guy like Larry Johnson. Maybe it's just the animations...

The only other place I've seen strength make a difference is when one of your OL is weaker than a DL, he can be easily bull-rushed into the back-field causing chaos in the running game, making you cut back too soon or too far. Just watch a huge DT like J. Williams on the Chargers, or T. Washington on the Browns, they both can collapse a pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 01:35 AM   #16
MVP

that was actually a rhetorical question... but you kind of proved my point that we can only make observations about the engine/code

take what you said about Jamal Williams/Ted Washington... both of those players have a STR rating below 70. so, what you are seeing may actually be a result of anything; run support rating (both ~90), weight (both are 340+ lbs), or a combination of factors. but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with STR

Last edited by puja21; 12-12-2007 at 01:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »