Home

UNKNOWNS 0-9999... some have "REAL HEADS" from past players

This is a discussion on UNKNOWNS 0-9999... some have "REAL HEADS" from past players within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: UNKNOWNS 0-9999... some have "REAL HEADS" from past players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
i think dan has a point here. this is the guy to talk to if you have any problems with the editor or the game, sorry dan i hope you don't get a ton of pm's asking for help now. but you do have the knowledge that we all need here and there. thanks for all the help along the way as well.
You're welcome and no problem.

Here's another thing to think of - check out the classic teams. Is there a classic Vikings team that has Carter on it? If so, check out to see if there's a pic there of Carter. Also, for those who know how to put classic teams in Finn's editor, see what face and skin tone is listed for Carter if he's on the classic team.

Just a thought.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21

Carter on the 98 Vikes has Skin tone 4 and face 6. UNK7128 photo (no photo appears). PBP = Andre Carter.

C
Old 12-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #19
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

well, maybe that's a dead end then. I guess I'm not too upset, because I don't use the photos in my roster (or the one I'm currently starting). I was never quite sure how that worked. So you have to have the right photo, the right face and the right skin tone for it to appear, or do you just need to use the correct PBP name? Puja mentioned something about this to me, but since it wasn't high priority, I let it slip out the other ear.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

any & all cyberfaces are permanently linked to the corresponding photo, but not all photos have a corresponding cyberface.

to ans your question dolphin, if you want to use a specific players' head (aka "cyberface") on anyone else, all you need to do is select the corresponding picture in the editor; you don't touch the skin or face options. only select the picture. assuming there is a cyberface associated with that picture, the skin & face #'s shown the editor will just be overridden by its presence.

that's why this is kind of pointless in my opinion as i mentioned above. even if there are cyberfaces associated w/ these extra player pictures that are currently tagged as UNK, & assuming the OP identified the UNKs by their picture (& not by going into the game & looking at the face)... then there is still no way to separate that picture from the face. As Finn has said the pics & cyberfaces are applied via the same identifier in the game, the same pointer. Just like you cant separate "McGahee" from "Willis McGahee" in PBP, you can't separate a cyberface from a pic.

So, we still have what we've always had: a bunch of extra fake pictures to use (just more of them now)... which, in my experience is not something that people want to see in rosters.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
my rosters have no bugs, slow sim times or anything
almost certain this only happens if you attempt to update the rosters from year-to-year in a franchise file... as opposed to editing a basic roster. there appear to be pretty strong limits on what you can do to a franchise file in finn's editor (eg no contract editing in a franchise).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #22
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
any & all cyberfaces are permanently linked to the corresponding photo, but not all photos have a corresponding cyberface.

to ans your question dolphin, if you want to use a specific players' head (aka "cyberface") on anyone else, all you need to do is select the corresponding picture in the editor; you don't touch the skin or face options. only select the picture. assuming there is a cyberface associated with that picture, the skin & face #'s shown the editor will just be overridden by its presence.

that's why this is kind of pointless in my opinion as i mentioned above. even if there are cyberfaces associated w/ these extra player pictures that are currently tagged as UNK, & assuming the OP identified the UNKs by their picture (& not by going into the game & looking at the face)... then there is still no way to separate that picture from the face. As Finn has said the pics & cyberfaces are applied via the same identifier in the game, the same pointer. Just like you cant separate "McGahee" from "Willis McGahee" in PBP, you can't separate a cyberface from a pic.

So, we still have what we've always had: a bunch of extra fake pictures to use (just more of them now)... which, in my experience is not something that people want to see in rosters.
Plus if you do use these so called new faces, you have to make sure you put them on a player of the same color or you have to edit them.

Just for fun a few years ago, I put Vicks photo on a white guy. He face was Vick's, but his arms were still white.

Kinda funny looking.........
Old 12-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #23
MVP

^good point. the opposite can happen to:

if you remove a dark player's photo who has a cyber face (without checking/adjusting skin or face after clearing it), sometimes the "new" skin/face will be that of a light skinned player
Old 12-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 15

Personally, I think that it's better not to use the "cyberfaces" for any player other than the one that they're attached to but that's just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »