Home

Anyone doing their own rosters?

This is a discussion on Anyone doing their own rosters? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Anyone doing their own rosters?

I am going to have to do this since I dont have an XPORT or XSATA. If so how much time did you spend on them? Also for retired players, can I completely edit them to make them someone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2007, 02:28 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Anyone doing their own rosters?

I tried and gave up. Just buy an XPort if you can.

-you can't edit positions in game - so many players who have the wrong position in game are stuck unless you recreate them and turn their original player into someone else.

-you can't change pictures. So you edit current retired players into someone else, and they have their old picture and stats and just seems silly.

-you can't fully take advantage of ratings, since they can actually go above 99

-you'll hit a cap point where you cannot create anymore players, or rename players. So you'll have to settle for the more popular players, and leave many out

-once you've renamed the max amount of players, you're done. You cannot change the names any more, and you're pretty much stuck with what you've got. That means when 2008 rolls around, you can't put in new rookies because you'll not be able to edit any more players pretty much.

When it comes down to it - an XPort will save you loads of time, and will just simplify everything x1000. Just get one, if you can.

If not - and you have a regular XBOX - buy one of the memory card transfer kits. They're pretty cheap.

It's not worth trying to make your own - trust me.

Unless when 2008 or 2009 rolls around and you want to reset the rosters to 2005, and re-trade and re-create every single player.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anyone doing their own rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I tried and gave up. Just buy an XPort if you can.

-you can't edit positions in game - so many players who have the wrong position in game are stuck unless you recreate them and turn their original player into someone else.

-you can't change pictures. So you edit current retired players into someone else, and they have their old picture and stats and just seems silly.

-you can't fully take advantage of ratings, since they can actually go above 99

-you'll hit a cap point where you cannot create anymore players, or rename players. So you'll have to settle for the more popular players, and leave many out

-once you've renamed the max amount of players, you're done. You cannot change the names any more, and you're pretty much stuck with what you've got. That means when 2008 rolls around, you can't put in new rookies because you'll not be able to edit any more players pretty much.

When it comes down to it - an XPort will save you loads of time, and will just simplify everything x1000. Just get one, if you can.

If not - and you have a regular XBOX - buy one of the memory card transfer kits. They're pretty cheap.

It's not worth trying to make your own - trust me.

Unless when 2008 or 2009 rolls around and you want to reset the rosters to 2005, and re-trade and re-create every single player.
Good lord, sounds like a pain in the ***! I hope playing with old rosters wont be that bad....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »