Home

This is not possible, 2K5 roster / tranfer cable related

This is a discussion on This is not possible, 2K5 roster / tranfer cable related within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
This is not possible, 2K5 roster / tranfer cable related

My son got a transfer cable to transfer current 2K5rosters from his CPUand be able to play them on his 360. He downloaded the Xport program and it worked flawlessly for him. I thought hmmmm, I would sure like the updated rosters and be able to play on the 360 so he brought the transfer cable to my house, I had already downloaded PUJI21s roster. We plugged the trasfer cable into my CPU and BAM! no recognition of the 360 hard drive.

Took my hard drive to his house to use it on his CPU thinking it was a problem with my CPU. No luck, my hard drive is not recognized on his CPU either! Both hard drives are the 20 gig and are exactly the same.

I have a memory card so we plugged that into his 360 thinking we could just copy his file from his hard drive to my memory card. We go to his 2K5 file and hit "A". It does not give us an option to copy only delete! All his other game saves provides an option to copy.

How is this possible? I have seen other posts here that people have had the same problem but no answers providing a solution. It's baffling to say the least, works great for his hard drive, no recogniion problems at all. Then my hard drive......nothing.

It's like my hard drive is locked out for some reason. I thought it might be some setting that I have "on" but my son said something about being able to use the transfer cable one time only. That doesn't make much sense to me but I am no CPU genius either.

I would really like to play this game on my 360 using the updated rosters. I have done an internet search on this but haven't found anyhting of substance as of yet.

Request for help!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: This is not possible, 2K5 roster / tranfer cable related

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
My son got a transfer cable to transfer current 2K5rosters from his CPUand be able to play them on his 360. He downloaded the Xport program and it worked flawlessly for him. I thought hmmmm, I would sure like the updated rosters and be able to play on the 360 so he brought the transfer cable to my house, I had already downloaded PUJI21s roster. We plugged the trasfer cable into my CPU and BAM! no recognition of the 360 hard drive.

Took my hard drive to his house to use it on his CPU thinking it was a problem with my CPU. No luck, my hard drive is not recognized on his CPU either! Both hard drives are the 20 gig and are exactly the same.

I have a memory card so we plugged that into his 360 thinking we could just copy his file from his hard drive to my memory card. We go to his 2K5 file and hit "A". It does not give us an option to copy only delete! All his other game saves provides an option to copy.

How is this possible? I have seen other posts here that people have had the same problem but no answers providing a solution. It's baffling to say the least, works great for his hard drive, no recogniion problems at all. Then my hard drive......nothing.

It's like my hard drive is locked out for some reason. I thought it might be some setting that I have "on" but my son said something about being able to use the transfer cable one time only. That doesn't make much sense to me but I am no CPU genius either.

I would really like to play this game on my 360 using the updated rosters. I have done an internet search on this but haven't found anyhting of substance as of yet.

Request for help!!

I don't know about your hard drive problem but I do know it is not possible to stick xbox 1 files on a 360 memory card which is why there was only the delete option.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, it looks like the wise and powerful Finn beat me to the helpful punch. but his advice sounds spot on. I don't own the 360 so I wouldn't know what he knows! but you could probably still give my 2nd solution a whack! if your son's card works on his xbox, it'll work on yours. just plug his into yours and save to the hd. (this is assuming that the360 save interface works similarly to the xbox.)

um... let's see here... just some trouble shooting of the top of my head here. (As I ain't no CPU genius either...)

You could try and google around to determine what gen of xbox either of you has. Usually early gens let you get away with waaayyy more. remember the original Playstation? You could only put a mod chip in the first couple gens. You could sniff around the forums here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/

they're all about modding and such there.

but this would be my redneck-innovation solution: start 2k5 on his xbox, load the puja roster, then remove his memory card and put in yours in, then save the roster to your memory card. I can't guarantee that'll work, (which I don't see why not unless it won't read your memory card) but it shouldn't damage any files either as the only time it's bad is when you remove the card in the middle of a save.

and oh... I can't remember if you said you tried this yet or not... but what about putting his memory card in your xbox and saving the puja roster to your hd?

hope that helps!

Last edited by aff4life; 12-22-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: read the post above mine.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

I really want to get updated roster onto my 360 as well. I have updated rosters on my original xbox but cant get them onto my 360. I have action replay as well as xchange 360 which I messed with to try and save the files to my 360 mem card through both of those programs. But that didn't work. If anyone has any ideas, hit me with em.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I really want to get updated roster onto my 360 as well. I have updated rosters on my original xbox but cant get them onto my 360. I have action replay as well as xchange 360 which I messed with to try and save the files to my 360 mem card through both of those programs. But that didn't work. If anyone has any ideas, hit me with em.
I know the exchange won't do it. You must have an Xport or in my case I downloaded the Xport software (Codejunkies) and my son had a transfer cable he got from Microsoft. Worked for him but my hard drive is not recognized. Don't know why. Even with the Xport it seems to be hit and miss so it's a risk if you decide to go in that direction. For me, I still have my xbox and can play 2K5 on it with the updated rosters so all is not lost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
I know the exchange won't do it. You must have an Xport or in my case I downloaded the Xport software (Codejunkies) and my son had a transfer cable he got from Microsoft. Worked for him but my hard drive is not recognized. Don't know why. Even with the Xport it seems to be hit and miss so it's a risk if you decide to go in that direction. For me, I still have my xbox and can play 2K5 on it with the updated rosters so all is not lost.
same here but I dont like having to hook it up everytime I want to play. Its much easier to just pop the disk into my 360.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff4life
Well, it looks like the wise and powerful Finn beat me to the helpful punch. but his advice sounds spot on. I don't own the 360 so I wouldn't know what he knows! but you could probably still give my 2nd solution a whack! if your son's card works on his xbox, it'll work on yours. just plug his into yours and save to the hd. (this is assuming that the360 save interface works similarly to the xbox.)

um... let's see here... just some trouble shooting of the top of my head here. (As I ain't no CPU genius either...)

You could try and google around to determine what gen of xbox either of you has. Usually early gens let you get away with waaayyy more. remember the original Playstation? You could only put a mod chip in the first couple gens. You could sniff around the forums here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/

they're all about modding and such there.

but this would be my redneck-innovation solution: start 2k5 on his xbox, load the puja roster, then remove his memory card and put in yours in, then save the roster to your memory card. I can't guarantee that'll work, (which I don't see why not unless it won't read your memory card) but it shouldn't damage any files either as the only time it's bad is when you remove the card in the middle of a save.

and oh... I can't remember if you said you tried this yet or not... but what about putting his memory card in your xbox and saving the puja roster to your hd?

hope that helps!
If he's trying to get them on the 360, the Memory Card won't work (Xbox games don't save to the 360's Memory Unit).

As for the HDD, I have no idea why it isn't being picked up. Earlier HDD's and 360's don't matter (my 360 and HDD were bought no less then 4 weeks ago and everything went perfectly fine).
Old 12-26-2007, 04:31 AM   #8
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
same here but I dont like having to hook it up everytime I want to play. Its much easier to just pop the disk into my 360.
Do what I do: get a "4-way AV switch selector" from like Radio Shack (or where ever) and leave 'em all hooked up at once. they're about $20 from anywhere. I've got xbox, ps2, a dvd player and a VCR (which never gets used anymore btw) all hooked into it and it's simply a matter of pressing a switch to chnage between them!

haha! finally something I could help with!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »