Home

Can You Edit Equipment w/Puja's Roster?

This is a discussion on Can You Edit Equipment w/Puja's Roster? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can You Edit Equipment w/Puja's Roster?

Does anyone know if you can edit a player's equipment on Puja's latest roster without losing the face/hair given to that player?

Ex: I would like to give Hester some Eye Black and a clear face shield, but I don't want to lose his dreads in-the-process.

Any help would be appreciated,
Jauron
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Can You Edit Equipment w/Puja's Roster?

you can, it wont hurt it, either in game or using finns editor.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

You can edit players in-game no matter what roster you're using but if you're editing a player that only has their last name listed as their PBP (play by play), you're going to have to use Finn's editor to add back the PBP name as the game eliminates it when editing in-game.

For example, if I edit 49ers QB Alex Smith in-game, I will have to use Finn's editor in order to add the PBP name for him so it can be said during gameplay.

If I edit a player like Devin Hester in-game, it wont matter since there's no PBP name "Hester" so you dont need to go through Finn's editor since the PBP for him doesnt exist.

If you edit a player that has their full name such as Adrian Peterson, Jimmy Williams, Marcus Spears, etc., you can edit them in-game at will because the PBP name will never be altered.

Personally, once I create a player or finish editing an existing player, I only edit him in Finn's editor since I'll have to use it anyway in order to add back the PBP name (if applicable) and to ensure that while going through the edit screens, I dont press any buttons that bring up the edit name option as that could cause problems.

That's my personal preference but yes, you can add eye black and the clear visor to Hester without losing his dreads and whatnot.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

^that's not correct. i edit players all the time in game.

the PBP name will only revert to his jersey number if you CHANGE the player's jersey number. you can safely edit equipment in game without messing up PBP. i have heard people like Rickster say that if you "back out" with B after editing in-game (instead of advancing thru the menus pressing start or whatever it will be "more safe")

but trust me, whatever PBP you have set wont change unless the jersey # changes-- this is for full name AND last name only PBP. i did all my ratings edits in game w/o any problems.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank you for the answers! I could not risk jeopardizing the rosters without getting the official word.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^that's not correct. i edit players all the time in game.

the PBP name will only revert to his jersey number if you CHANGE the player's jersey number. you can safely edit equipment in game without messing up PBP. i have heard people like Rickster say that if you "back out" with B after editing in-game (instead of advancing thru the menus pressing start or whatever it will be "more safe")

but trust me, whatever PBP you have set wont change unless the jersey # changes-- this is for full name AND last name only PBP. i did all my ratings edits in game w/o any problems.
This is correct. Use the B button instead of the start button and you can keep the PBP.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
This is correct. Use the B button instead of the start button and you can keep the PBP.
so who is right and who is wrong?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
MVP

i tested it again to make sure i wasnt crazy. what i said is correct:
as long as the player's jersey number doesnt change, he will keep his PBP correct. & i always just press B to back out from habit too

so, the only time you would need to fix PBP for someone is if you assign a new jersey # to that player OR if this happens automatically. eg if you move a player to a new team & the CPU assigns a new number automatically (same thing w/ a fantasy draft, or in a general franchise mode where a transaction causes this)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »