Home

Using the Xsata to Transfer Roster/Franchise Files to the 360

This is a discussion on Using the Xsata to Transfer Roster/Franchise Files to the 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Using the Xsata to Transfer Roster/Franchise Files to the 360

Those were great instructions and kudos for being so detailed with them! I just have one question for you though...did you advise to leave the Xsata disconnected from the Xbox 360 because you realized when it actually is connected with the hard drive in place that the 360 doesn't recognize it? I found this to be the case when I used my Xsata and thought that was why you made mention of this besides the fact that you are right...it is incredibly difficult to take off.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #18
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbus3
Those were great instructions and kudos for being so detailed with them! I just have one question for you though...did you advise to leave the Xsata disconnected from the Xbox 360 because you realized when it actually is connected with the hard drive in place that the 360 doesn't recognize it? I found this to be the case when I used my Xsata and thought that was why you made mention of this besides the fact that you are right...it is incredibly difficult to take off.
It doesn't recognize the 360 when the USB is plugged in...it's supposed to let the 360 control when nothing's plugged in, but I don't want it plugged in when i'm not using it anyway!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #19
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I have the Xsata and it is already snapped onto my 360....so I guess I'll have to monkey around with removing it. However....let me see if I understand what you are saying completely.

Are you suggesting that you can access the XSATA from a PC without having it connected to the 360? Or are you saying that you should only make the "electrical connection" between the Xsata and the 360 but not physically snap it in place? In short, does the Xsata need to be connected to the 360 when accessing from the PC?

Thanks.

I'd like to add that I got scared 2 times after using the Xsata. I had copied my Udata and Tdata folder over from my xbox1 and after rebooting the 360 I got red rings and the screen said there was a hardware problem with my system and to call MS. I Shut it off, waited about 30 seconds and rebooted and it was fine.

This happened the next time I used it with the PC. I am hoping this is not a sign of impending failure, and just some "glitch" that is semi normal after using the xsata.

Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbus3
Not disconnected, just don't snap it into place on the console. Attach the hard drive to the Xsata and connect the Xsata/HDD to the console loosely; you can do it without snapping the Xsata into place.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I have the Xsata and it is already snapped onto my 360....so I guess I'll have to monkey around with removing it. However....let me see if I understand what you are saying completely.

Are you suggesting that you can access the XSATA from a PC without having it connected to the 360? Or are you saying that you should only make the "electrical connection" between the Xsata and the 360 but not physically snap it in place?
Precisely. Make the electrical connection - don't snap it into place.

Quote:
I'd like to add that I got scared 2 times after using the Xsata. I had copied my Udata and Tdata folder over from my xbox1 and after rebooting the 360 I got red rings and the screen said there was a hardware problem with my system and to call MS. I Shut it off, waited about 30 seconds and rebooted and it was fine.

This happened the next time I used it with the PC. I am hoping this is not a sign of impending failure, and just some "glitch" that is semi normal after using the xsata.

Thanks again.
Hate to say it, but that doesn't sound good. I've never seen the red rings after using the Xsata.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2008, 11:21 PM   #22
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Precisely. Make the electrical connection - don't snap it into place.

Hate to say it, but that doesn't sound good. I've never seen the red rings after using the Xsata.
Maybe you haven't but do you leave the xsata hooked up? In other words, I still have the xsata device sitting between the hard drive and the 360 when I boot the 360. It sounds like you disconnect the xsata after you are done accessing it via a PC.

I should add that this happened both times after I had been accessing the hard drive via the PC and rebooted the 360 quickly. If I leave the 360 off for a few seconds....it seems to be fine. I am thinking that the xsata is not relinquishing the control of the hard disk to the 360 fast enough. In that case the 360 recognizes that a hard drive is plugged in, but can't access it and spits out this error.

I hope it's not anything more serious!

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 AM   #23
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, I don't trust that thing to leave it hooked up--I use it for file transfer and then completely disconnect it.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Maybe you haven't but do you leave the xsata hooked up? In other words, I still have the xsata device sitting between the hard drive and the 360 when I boot the 360. It sounds like you disconnect the xsata after you are done accessing it via a PC.

I should add that this happened both times after I had been accessing the hard drive via the PC and rebooted the 360 quickly. If I leave the 360 off for a few seconds....it seems to be fine. I am thinking that the xsata is not relinquishing the control of the hard disk to the 360 fast enough. In that case the 360 recognizes that a hard drive is plugged in, but can't access it and spits out this error.

I hope it's not anything more serious!

Thanks.
No, I don't leave it hooked up. I tried it, but the console wouldn't read my HDD, so I take it off. I don't use it that much, anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »