Home

Using the Xsata to Transfer Roster/Franchise Files to the 360

This is a discussion on Using the Xsata to Transfer Roster/Franchise Files to the 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2007, 12:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Using the Xsata to Transfer Roster/Franchise Files to the 360

Well, after a few attempts at transferring using the Xsata, I've finally got my franchise going. As I wait for the 1st season to simulate, I thought I'd draft a relatively quick guide for those of you using the Xsata.

This comes from a few different sources: hints in these forums, a tutorial on youtube and my own trial and error.

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of the Xport 360 software. You should be able to find it at codejunkies.com.

Secondly, go into NFL 2K5 and create a game save. I'm not sure if you have to do this, but I did this and it worked.

I used puja's latest franchise file, so here's how it worked for me.

1. Download the zip file of your choice to your PC.
2. Once the file has been downloaded, right click on the file and select
"Extract Here." This will create a new file on your desktop (or in the folder where you saved the file) entitled UDATA.
3. Open the new UDATA file, and you'll find another file titled with numbers. Using puja's file the name of the file is 53450030. (I think all new XBox NFL 2K5 files are named this, but I'm not 100% certain.)
4. Go ahead and open up that file.
5. Inside of that file, you'll find a file of type datelinfo.xbx. Go ahead and delete it, then back out of the open file so that you're now viewing the closed 53450030 file. g This is the one we're going to transfer.

Now, moving on to the Xsata...

6. Disconnect the Hard Drive from the 360 console, and connect the Xsata. Do not attach the Xsata to the console; it's very difficult to remove once you do this. You can attach the HDD to the Xsata, then connect the Xsata to the console without actually snapping it into place.
7. Attach the Xsata/HDD to your PC with the USB cable provided with your Xsata.
8. Turn on your 360. The edge of the Xsata should light up. Mine glows like blue smurf piss.
9. Next, open up the latest version of Xport360 that you downloaded.
10. You'll be prompted to select a Memory unit. Select your 360's hard drive.
11. On the left hand side you'll see a listing of the contents on your hard drive. On the right side you'll see available software.
12. In the left-side pane, select Partition 3 > Compatibility > XBox 1.
13. Go back out to the folder where you saved the downloaded file. Grab, drag and drop it into the right-side pane.

Turn your 360 off, then reboot and go to your system blade > Memory > Games and see if it's there.

If it is, boot it up and load the franchise/roster. Enjoy!!

Reply or PM me if you have any questions or comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Using the Xsata to Transfer Roster/Franchise Files to the 360

Hey how's it going! I tried to use XSATA and had everything hooked up perfectly. I go to explorer and try to open the memorycard or harddrive and it says COULD NOT FIND THE FATX DRIVE TO OPEN. But it was definetly connected to my 360. I tried for a few hours to try and get it up and running. I only stopped when I got the red rings, so I returned it.

Anyway, I really want to get the rosters and the best way for me to do it is with XSATA. So, if you or anyone had the error message and found a solution please reply?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
MVP

"FatX?" I've never heard of that. What is that?
Old 01-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

FATX=MS's filesystem for specifically xbox (just like you have FAT32 & NTFS commonly in PCs).

i'm sure it has more than a few differences from FAT32 but the most memorable to me was a 42-character limit on filenames (annoying when you are transferring multimedia files to an xbox media center.. u need a renaming program to speed things up)

i guess it's used in xbox360 of course too judging from the thread
Old 01-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

Wow. You guys have gone way beyond my level of comprehension.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Mine too! But when I tried to open the harddrive folder it gave me that error prompt, and when I to troubleshoot, it had something there to explain the error but never talked about solving it.

Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne3569
Mine too! But when I tried to open the harddrive folder it gave me that error prompt, and when I to troubleshoot, it had something there to explain the error but never talked about solving it.

Any ideas?
None. If I'm following correctly, then you should be prompted to open your XBox hard drive. Mine pops open directly to that window, and I only have one choice - the XBox Hard Drive.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne3569
Hey how's it going! I tried to use XSATA and had everything hooked up perfectly. I go to explorer and try to open the memorycard or harddrive and it says COULD NOT FIND THE FATX DRIVE TO OPEN. But it was definetly connected to my 360. I tried for a few hours to try and get it up and running. I only stopped when I got the red rings, so I returned it.

Anyway, I really want to get the rosters and the best way for me to do it is with XSATA. So, if you or anyone had the error message and found a solution please reply?
I had that problem...are you using vista...if so you must right click on the xplorer 360 icon and go to properties and change it to run in xp mode and set it to run with you as administrator. I'm playing my franchise now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »