Home

Currently working on new PS2 Rosters...

This is a discussion on Currently working on new PS2 Rosters... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Currently working on new PS2 Rosters...

Okay so I've got some spare time while being off from college and have been working on these rosters at the moment. The process I'm using is putting everyone on the current teams who are currently in the game in the roster menu. Then I'll sim the season and add the younger players through the draft. The only thing that has to be regulated are the older players, I'm planning on giving them much better ratings than they deserve, so they will be more or less around the same when they lose some points from aging.

Does anyone know what influences the factor to retire for players the most other than age? Ratings? How bad/ good the team does? If the olders players retire, I'll decide to remake them and have them be a few years younger. They'll also be rookies, but I think their age would matter more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Currently working on new PS2 Rosters...

Also, starters will have the priority when it comes to updated ratings. I will also remake the starters at their current positions.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

If you complete them, I'd be happy to post them on my site : www.nfl2k5rosters.com

You'd have the first PS2 roster on it.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

I hate to say it but I tried what you are trying and you will run out of room when trying to create all of the new players(PS2 limitations), that is why i went to the 360. I am not sure if if will work if you have the PS2 Harddrive.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

The word is that the problem is with the game allowing only so many created players. I don't think that's hard drive related. I believe it's game related.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

this effort is noble, but in the end i believe it will be an exercise in futility...my son and i have tried this and there's just not enough capabilities with the ps2 version to get the rosters where all of us want them. for us "die hards" that just sucks...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #7
Pro

My way of doing it is strictly putting the "vets" that are already in the game with the January roster and just put them on the correct team with adjusted ratings. The good thing about this game is that 90% of vets that are in the league now and back in 04 are actually in the game. Then I'll control all 32 teams and sim to the draft, then I'll add the necessary players from the DRAFT, editing names and ratings. Players like Ronnie Brown and Alex Smith will be added within the franchise mode's draft, not outside. I don't see why it wouldn't work since players are already added normally with the draft. The only thing I have to do is keep up with the necessary older players, don't want them to retire too soon.

The only players that will be created are the actual vets that should be in necessary positions, only the players that matter. And only players that tend to retire before the 07 season, I will only make them a few years younger to they last until then.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
My way of doing it is strictly putting the "vets" that are already in the game with the January roster and just put them on the correct team with adjusted ratings. The good thing about this game is that 90% of vets that are in the league now and back in 04 are actually in the game. Then I'll control all 32 teams and sim to the draft, then I'll add the necessary players from the DRAFT, editing names and ratings. Players like Ronnie Brown and Alex Smith will be added within the franchise mode's draft, not outside. I don't see why it wouldn't work since players are already added normally with the draft. The only thing I have to do is keep up with the necessary older players, don't want them to retire too soon.

The only players that will be created are the actual vets that should be in necessary positions, only the players that matter. And only players that tend to retire before the 07 season, I will only make them a few years younger to they last until then.
Then number of renames allowed is still limited no matter when you do the renaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »