Home

New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

This is a discussion on New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

*is a 49ers fan*

Seahawks SUCK!!! Every player should be rated in the negatives. LOL.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Best roster file I've seen so far. However, I really don't like playing on the fast game speed...I like to play on normal. Can anybody recommend sliders I can use with these roster files that will work well under the normal game speed?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #35
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwr12
Best roster file I've seen so far. However, I really don't like playing on the fast game speed...I like to play on normal. Can anybody recommend sliders I can use with these roster files that will work well under the normal game speed?
Thanks for the kind words.I'd try the ones I posted and adjust.I found the fast speed setting has,for some reason,been better for computer quarterbacks effectiveness and consistency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #36
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler34
Not trying to beat the dead horse, but just to go along with what others have said, no roster file is perfect, but of all the ones I've downloaded - for the 2008 season and previous ones - this one is one of the most balanced ones I've seen/played. I see what you are trying to say Cards77 and I agree with you for the most part, but I think this roster is about as close to perfect as you're going to get for this coming season.

I myself am a Seahawks fan and I didn't feel like the ratings were arbitrary, though of course I did do a couple of my own changes to the file, bumping a couple players' ratings up/down slightly, creating a couple here and there, and doing roster moves for a couple teams that have happened since the roster was made. In less than a half hour though, I felt like I had a roster that was reasonably accurate and balanced, which is a LOT faster than it took me with some files for previous seasons.

So I guess what I'm trying to get at is that, while no roster file is perfect, this one is pretty damn good, so if you really feel that it is inaccurate, perhaps it would be beneficial to try one of the other ones. No offense to the other roster makers, but I think this one is about as good as any I've ever used, and thats saying a lot, considering I've downloaded multiple rosters for each season since 2004. Again, nice job gr18.
Thank you,I appreciate when someone presents an opinion the way you did and don't come on like they're ripping the file apart.I will listen on roster updates and take things into consideration.For example,I thought about what I rated Lofa Tatupu and plan on bumping him up some.I don't think Seneca Wallace is God's gift to the NFL or that Morris or Jones don't need to prove something before they get rated higher.I'm not saying they're bad backs or that they can't be an effective tandem.I really think it depends on your o-line with guys like them.There just aren't many starting backs I can rate them higher than.I can legitimately see a fan rating them a couple points higher if they wish.That's easy enough.

Last edited by gr18; 08-15-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

gr18, THANK YOU for the updated Roster and Franchise files. I saved 60 bucks by NOT getting suckered into Madden again this year and have begun playing 2K5 again this week. I've even "graduated" to All-Pro to make the game seem more fresh(albeit with having to adjust some sliders to avoid getting my *** handed to me weekly).

I have one question. When I load your Franchise file, starting with the 2008 season, how do I pick which team I want to control in Franchise mode ie. if I want to control the Bucs only, I can't figure out how to do that. It doesn't have the normal Franchise step of picking the actual team. Thanks for any help you can provide and...

...thanks again to all of you who take the time to provide us updated Rosters for this game. Many, many thanks.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 10

Yeah, I had the same issue. You have to do this using The NFL 2k5 editor by flyingfinn. Go to link below. Once installed, load franchise zip file you downloaded from here then go to the team you want to controlled and right click on the user emblem which is to the left of the team name and choose to control this team only and save file then reload the file onto your xbox and enjoy.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm
Old 08-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #39
MVP

gr18's Arena

DolphanDave nailed it.You have to pick through the editor.

Otherwise you have to be under control of all teams,which I personally prefer.I'd rather just sim games I don't want to play and even though I'm a Colts fan I like to play a few games in each week to follow the season and enjoy using different teams.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Definitely the fast game speed setting;

I hate to give sliders based on the fact everybody plays differently and some prefer to forsake offense for a defensive struggle but....

I would start at these sliders and then adjust by 4 at a time in categories you think are going too good or bad;human 1st then computer

Blocking 32/40 (I don't think there should be more than 2-3 sacks per team on average)

Passing 24/40 (human may be a little high but it's a good starting point)

Running 24/40 (move it up to 28 if you aren't getting at least 4 yards per carry,especially with the Jags)

Catching 40/40(this is a 2k5 standard)

Coverage 4/24(I'd tweak these by 4 before tweaking Passing if needed)

Pursuit 4/4(it's been found that the game plays better with these low)

Tackling 8/8(some people would put human lower but this gives you a chance against powerful backs)

kicking 16/24(adjust computer up a little if any)

fatigue 4/4 ( more subbing)

Injury- 20

Fumble- 28

Int.- 0
Thanks, now I just gotta wait for my action replay to come in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »