Home

PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

This is a discussion on PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 04:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

This is a first shot using Finn's editor for the PS2. I haven't gone through the file with a fine toothed comb to fix any errors, but I have tried the file and it loads/plays without any problems thus far.

So here are the fruits of torrente's advice to import gr18's XBox roster using the editor to create a PS2 roster file...

http://files.filefront.com/ESPNNFL2k.../fileinfo.html

(D/L as .max)

Update:

A subsequent version of this file is available here as a .rar attachment. This second version cleans up some errors the initial file had with DOBs and years pro.

Update II:

Steelersfan85 has created a Franchise file with the 2008 schedule. That's available here.

Update III:

bcruise modified/fixed some issues with Steelersfan85's Franchise file and has posted his version here.

An updated version of the roster file, including transactions to 9/24 and many fixed PBP names, is available here.

Update IV:

gr1014 has converted JSOU's roster file to PS2. Available here.

Update V:

gr1014 has converted FunNgun034's 10/16 roster to PS2. Available here.

Last edited by connoll3; 10-16-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

So I can put this on a USB drive and just connect it to my PS3 right?
Old 09-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

Did you create your roster from scratch or base it off of someone's xbox roster?
Old 09-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm going to post the same thing that I posted from another thread. Here it is:

"So, all I need is a PS2 NFL 2K5 disc and a USB memory stick right? I have a PS2 but don't have a PS3.

I have been reading this forum for about 2 and a half months and I was going to create a very long thread on whether I should get a Xbox or Xbox 360 based on this game. My third option would be to buy a Dreamcast console and play NFL 2K, 2K1, 2K2."
Old 09-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
Pro

Also, if I may ask, did you create/edit the roster or take it from another person? Also how accurate are the rosters? Meaning is the rosters accurate as of September 1, September 8, etc.

Last but not least, will you or someone else continue to make and update rosters for the PS2 please in the future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

This would be my roster accurate as of 9/2.I'm glad to see it being put to use for the PS2.I played the PS2 version for a couple of years until I went with the Xbox because of Finn's editor.I think you'll find the rosters to be very good.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
This would be my roster accurate as of 9/2.I'm glad to see it being put to use for the PS2.I played the PS2 version for a couple of years until I went with the Xbox because of Finn's editor.I think you'll find the rosters to be very good.
Cool. Thanks for the info. So this works on a regular USB memory stick or does it have to use PS2 Action Replay MAX or PS2 MAX Drive in order to update the rosters?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
So I can put this on a USB drive and just connect it to my PS3 right?
Dunno. I don't have a PS3 and am not familiar with the steps you'd need to take to get a PS2 file to transfer for use on a PS3. There are a bunch of other threads here with PS3 users interested in successfully transferring a PS2 file over, so peek around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan85
Did you create your roster from scratch or base it off of someone's xbox roster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Also, if I may ask, did you create/edit the roster or take it from another person? Also how accurate are the rosters? Meaning is the rosters accurate as of September 1, September 8, etc.
As noted, I imported gr18's XBox roster using Finn's editor. I imported it over a default PS2 option file and then saved it as .max. Not sure precisely how accurate gr18's roster is; but it seems to be the most up-to-date file on hand. (edit: gr18 says above it's updated to Sept 2.)

I'm just starting to use Finn's editor, so I'm not familiar with all the bells and whistles as yet. The file I posted above is functional, but probably far from ideal. I've noticed, for instance, that DOBs and years played are screwed up in the file. Don't know if that's because I didn't do something properly when importing, or something else. In short, this file is a start for people looking for an updated ps2 file.

Last edited by connoll3; 09-13-2008 at 04:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »