Home

JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

This is a discussion on JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #17
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Any ideas to improve user passing? I just played as the Giants against the Redskins and went 4-39 passing with Eli. That's not a typo, every pass was dropped or as soon as the receiver caught it a defender would hit him and he'd drop the pass. I felt like I was playing Madden, a DB would move as fast as the ball to get to me in time to make the hit. I understand that happens sometimes in real life, but it happened about 25 times in the game I just played.
Lower the CPU sliders, It works fine for us, some guys actually think its too easy to pass, but we are all lifers when it comes to this game. Just adjust the sliders to suit your game play level. Also try some out routes, they work great no matter what the setting.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #18
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

One thing you'll want to do for a future update is to change the Broncos offensive playbook to something that uses more Shotgun formation. Right now the only shotgun formation for Hail Mary.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was actually wondering about formations overall as well. The Raiders still have a playbook geared towards a Tyrone Wheatly style, power runner, with almost every run play in between the tackles, instead of more sweeps and runs to the outside to use the speed of Fargas and DMC.

I'm just assuming none of it has been changed, but it would definitely be pretty cool if some work was done on these.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #20
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Were looking at playbooks for sure next year. To be honest after all the hours it takes creating a roster file we just wanted to get it done and start our season. But we did discuss playbooks for next year. As for the Broncos playbook its kind of unique in the aspect that they run a spread run and play action pass off of it, like they obviously did in 05. I know there offense has changed but it almost takes a guy like yourself that watches them game in and game out to find a right fit for an offensive playbook. Not only that but it takes someone knowing all the playbooks in the game to be able to figure out which one would suit each team. But it is without a doubt on our agenda for next year. thanks for the feedback, that's what makes any roster better.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #21
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeoncam50
Thank all of you for your rosters! They are phenominal and detailed we all will enjoy each and every roster and the time you all have put into them, once again thank you I have a quick question, how do the sliders work for the coaches? Will they change the gameplay slightly or drastically if they are moved?
From our experience it doesn't have to much of an effect, but it could use more research before coming to a conclusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 12:25 AM   #22
Rookie

I'm having a lot of fun with these rosters. Great job guys. I just beat the Broncos 21-7 as the Chargers. Rivers and LT lit em up through the air and on the ground. Unfortunately, the Broncs couldn't get either going. Might have to tweak sliders a bit more.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:40 AM   #23
Rookie

A couple of questions.

You mentioned a league a couple of times in the first post, I'm just wondering what league you're referring to. Is it an online one where people play against each other or something you and you're friends are doing on your own.

Also, when the topic title says Final rosters. Does that mean you won't be releasing any updates throughout the season at all?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #24
Rookie

Hey , thanks so much for your time and effort . This game is awesome and I do appreciate your dedication to keeping 2k5 , The single best Football game of all time, regardless of video game system. Long live ESPN NFL 2K5!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »