Home

JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

This is a discussion on JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 PM   #25
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Lower the CPU sliders, It works fine for us, some guys actually think its too easy to pass, but we are all lifers when it comes to this game. Just adjust the sliders to suit your game play level. Also try some out routes, they work great no matter what the setting.
Do you and the league you referred to play hum vs hum mostly? I'm not trying to criticize these settings at all, I'm just baffled that someone could find the game easy on these settings.

I really wish you guys would tape a game and put it on YouTube so I can see how someone is successful. You guys must be nasty at this game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

JSOU,
Thanks for all your work. One question though. Do you end up, in your own franchise, global updating all the draft class every year as far as aggression? My friend and I just went through 14 seasons and there were NO old players left, so the aggressions were all whatever nfl 2k5 generated.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #27
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

We only play one season at a time.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 18

JSOU, I see that you have Osi on the Gmen. How do I put him on IR?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Im not a bucs fan but why is john gilmore the one of the slowest Tight Ends in the league

in the pre season they were the bucs coach's were saying that they got a free agent steal in john gilmore becasue they did not relize how fast he was

and i belive he is the 2nd Tight end on there depth chart

also some of the quater backs speeds i dont get

I would say that that tavris jacson,Donovan mcNabb,troy smith and david garrad should be in the 60's

tono romo,aaron rodgers,jay cutler,Jason Cambel,ben rothlisburger,alex smith,and Jp losman should have speed ratings in the 50's
Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 17

I've been using gr18's roster file and it has been pretty good. I will give these a shot as well in conjunction with your settings file. Thanks for all the hard work on keeping this game alive.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

chris taylor is missing from the texans

anyway thanks guy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR
Im not a bucs fan but why is john gilmore the one of the slowest Tight Ends in the league

in the pre season they were the bucs coach's were saying that they got a free agent steal in john gilmore becasue they did not relize how fast he was

and i belive he is the 2nd Tight end on there depth chart

also some of the quater backs speeds i dont get

I would say that that tavris jacson,Donovan mcNabb,troy smith and david garrad should be in the 60's

tono romo,aaron rodgers,jay cutler,Jason Cambel,ben rothlisburger,alex smith,and Jp losman should have speed ratings in the 50's
ive never heard from any scouting source or FB analysis book that Gilmore is anything other than a "blocking ace." his 40 time coming out of college was pedestrian for a TE (4.99) & it's the slowest of all TEs on the Bucs.

JSOU has said he lowered all QB spds to keep them from scrambling, but even if youre going to say "player x should be here & y should be here" wouldnt you want that to reflect reality?? Garrard isnt particularly straight-line fast; he is just big & elusive... Both Garrard & Tarvaris Jackson had worse 40 times than Losman at the combine for instance

I'm just saying if youre going to suggest improvements for someone's work, at least do a little thinking so you dont criticize the things he got correct

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »