Home

JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

This is a discussion on JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:09 AM   #33
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderland
A couple of questions.

You mentioned a league a couple of times in the first post, I'm just wondering what league you're referring to. Is it an online one where people play against each other or something you and you're friends are doing on your own.

The league I was referring to is a league that myself and 7 other friends play in. It's not an online thing, just a season that we all play using our favorite teams. We usually get together once or twice a week to play our games, as well as throw back a couple adult beverages, and talk smack while each guy plays there game.

Also, when the topic title says Final rosters. Does that mean you won't be releasing any updates throughout the season at all?
I can release updates, but to be honest the ratings won't change much, unless a rookie or unknown has a break out season. As far as roster moves you guys can all sign and release guys to their new teams, so releasing an update that only has minimal amount of transactions is not that big of a deal. We may release one mid season though, not sure yet.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #34
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

[quote=Wonderland;2038723281]A couple of questions.

You mentioned a league a couple of times in the first post, I'm just wondering what league you're referring to. Is it an online one where people play against each other or something you and you're friends are doing on your own.

The league I was referring to is a league that myself and 7 other friends play in. It's not an online thing, just a season that we all play using our favorite teams. We usually get together once or twice a week to play our games, as well as throw back a couple adult beverages, and talk smack while each guy plays there game.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:12 AM   #35
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
ive never heard from any scouting source or FB analysis book that Gilmore is anything other than a "blocking ace." his 40 time coming out of college was pedestrian for a TE (4.99) & it's the slowest of all TEs on the Bucs.

JSOU has said he lowered all QB spds to keep them from scrambling, but even if youre going to say "player x should be here & y should be here" wouldnt you want that to reflect reality?? Garrard isnt particularly straight-line fast; he is just big & elusive... Both Garrard & Tarvaris Jackson had worse 40 times than Losman at the combine for instance

I'm just saying if youre going to suggest improvements for someone's work, at least do a little thinking so you dont criticize the things he got correct
Well said Puja
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 AM   #36
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Do you and the league you referred to play hum vs hum mostly? I'm not trying to criticize these settings at all, I'm just baffled that someone could find the game easy on these settings.

I really wish you guys would tape a game and put it on YouTube so I can see how someone is successful. You guys must be nasty at this game.
Most of us have been playing this game for a while now, we slowly tweaked it after the majority of us have improved. I remember playing this game on the dreamcast and never thought it would be where it is now. Not everyone is successful, 2 out of 8 guys made the playoffs last year, Oakland (10-6) he lost in the first round vs Cle 27-17 and myself Indy (14-2) lost to Pit in the AFC Championship 45-31. We all enjoy the challenge, if it starts to get to easy we turn it up right away, I'd rather it be to hard than easy it makes the victory's that much better. Our settings are just about perfect this year, the one we posted this year has turned human pursuit to 0, we thought about turning the CPU pursuit down 1 to 10, but are still undecided. Using the correct 40 times has really increased the CPU's speed at the LB position. We also play with the EQ on which allow the DB play to be more realistic. We also turned the injury slider down 2 clicks as well from the settings that we posted

Last edited by jsou4646; 09-20-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

That league sounds like a lotta fun.... wish I had friends who were into that sort of thing. Y'know, I just might crash your party in Central Cali coming from SoCal.....

Anyways, as far as updates go I just meant roster transactions and maybe minor ratings adjustments based on certain players and how they perform, if anything stands out and whatnot you know. Even minor updates like that for mostly transactions and updated depth charts and that sort of thing throughout the season would be nice.

Either way, thanks again. Great stuff.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. I was using a FNG roster from nfl2k5rosters.com, but yours seems much more thorough. Thanks again.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #39
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

thanks will try these tonight
Old 09-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR
chris taylor is missing from the texans

anyway thanks guy

.........and Steve Slaton is #20. I like what you did though overall dude. I can't front though when I saw Houston with a 100 in defense that I didn't go uh-oh...I played the Texans vs. Saints and got blasted 45 to 0 at halftime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »