Home

Connoll3's Roster and Steelersfan85's Franchise AVAILABLE FOR PS3

This is a discussion on Connoll3's Roster and Steelersfan85's Franchise AVAILABLE FOR PS3 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Connoll3's Roster and Steelersfan85's Franchise AVAILABLE FOR PS3

Okay, so if I get a flashdrive for my PS3, these rosters will only work for this season, right? After that, what happens? I've read somewhere where there's a freeze issue during franchise in 2nd year? Will it be worth it to get updated rosters, if I can only play one season in franchise? Or am I missing something? This is all new to me;I usually just play whatever I have. I am interested to get newer rosters for this great game, however..
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #18
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

You can get to your second season but it takes around an hour to sim the preseason for year two.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan85
You can get to your second season but it takes around an hour to sim the preseason for year two.
Oh. I have to sim preseason? I actually like playing the preseason, as it helps me get familiarized with the controls again without worrying about wins and losses...(I only play when the real NFL starts, weird, I know)
Thanks!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:01 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Yeah, the reason I kept it the way Steelersfan had it without preseason was because it was the only way I could edit the 2008 schedule in. I actually tried to load the schedule starting from preseason, but it turned out that the preseason sched was the only thing I could access in the editor at that time.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:04 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Here's a PS3-converted version of THIS franchise file I edited together from connoll3's roster and Steelerfan85's franchise (especially the schedule!). It's the same basic file as the one TarHeels uploaded upthread, but there are a couple of changes.

A few special notes for the PS3 conversion - you need a USB flash drive or this isn't happening...(and bear with me if you know this stuff, I'm trying to make it as easy to understand as possible)

-Unzip the attached file to the root of your USB drive. All you should need to do is unzip the PS3 folder, and the rest will follow. DO NOT mess with the file directory (PS3, EXPORT, PSV folders) - it's preset that way so the PS3 can read it.

-Plug the USB drive into the PS3, and access the memory card utility from the XMB's game menu. You should see your USB drive detected by the PS3 here.

-If you already have internal memory cards created, simply select your USB drive and you'll see the file (ESPN NFL 2K5 2k9_Fran). Press triangle and then X to copy, and then select one of your cards to copy the file to.

-If you don't have an internal memory card, you'll have to create one with the "Create new internal memory card". That process is self-explanatory.

-Finally, highlight the card you copied the file to and press triangle. Select assign slots and assign it to 1 or 2. The PS3 will then read the internal card once the game starts up. Once you've started 2k5, load the franchise and away you go!

Once again, all credit to connoll and Steelerfan85 - in terms of a PS3 conversion, I'm just a relay man.
Wow, these instructions are good. Now could you provide one for the PS2? Hopefully with just a USB drive as well. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Wow, these instructions are good. Now could you provide one for the PS2? Hopefully with just a USB drive as well. Thank you.
Already did provide the file for it - it's in the other thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...27-post51.html

The thing is, and there's no getting around it - you need an Action Replay or something similar to use the PS2 file - period. Under normal circumstances, you can't copy the contents of a USB drive onto the PS2 memory card. You need to be able to uncrush the .max file to the memory card, and that's what Action Replay does. I can't just put up an uncrushed file, because nobody would be able to get it onto their memory card.

Action Replay MAX isn't very expensive - I got mine for $20 from Amazon, and I'm sure they can be had for cheaper.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

You also have the option to use a psp with Max Media Manager ($10 with usb cable at Gamestop) and that works as well and is cheaper if you have a PSP.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you for doing this. So if I wait an hour or so to let the preseason complete after year 1, does everything work normal in the 2nd regular season? Is player progression acceptable to you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »