Home

Freezing in roster manage screen

This is a discussion on Freezing in roster manage screen within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Freezing in roster manage screen

are you able to paste a different player over one of these "broken" players & thus free up the college?

if so, just do this to recreate these players

actually just post the file-- i'll do it if it's possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_NFL2KNJD.zip (259.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 AM   #43
MVP

okay, i think i figured out the solution... I can get it so those players are normal, but it's going to take about 45 mins to an hour of work on your part. I cannot 100% guarantee this will fix it but it makes logical sense that if it's freezing when you get to a team with players that have uneditable college, that would be the solution. I will test the solution now by fixing all players on the 49ers & Broncos (there were no problem players in between those 2 squads on the Bears, Bengals, or Bills), & verify navigating between those 5 teams with no problems.

EDIT: I tested this & it worked fine. I navigated through all players on the 49ers, Bears, Bengals, Bills & Broncos (including the 6 i fixed without any problem). As soon as I got to the first "broken player" on the Browns-- Jamir Miller-- it froze up. So it appears the college thing is the issue & it's definitely fixable.

Here's what you need to do to finish what i started:

1) make a copy of your roster w/ a different filename & set it aside somewhere (or just use the upload here as your copy)... you'll need it later to get back the info from these players

2) in the editor, open BOTH your roster & any other file (like the default roster for instance)

3) click window & tile them vertically

4) open the spreadsheet i attached (this is a list of all the players w/ the college problem... i'll refer to them as "broken players" from here on out)

5) in your roster navigate to the first team with broken players & sort by position (ARZ)

6) now copy any player from the default roster & using "PASTE EXACT COPY," replace the first broken player on the list with this default roster player... just pick someone with the same position, otherwise when you paste exact copy they will jump down to somewhere else on the screen & be hard to find quickly
***i am assuming you have no "shared name slots" in your file. I did a quick check thru your database & didnt see any. but if you know i'm wrong just let me know & i'll come up w/ a new solution***

anyways,
7) in your roster, edit that resulting "new" player back to his original name. don't worry about any of the other info being wrong right now-- just get the name back to what it was so you can identify him

Repeat team-by-team for all 102 players. so now you've got 102 "fixed" players with the correct name & position & everything else wrong. Now you have two choices here on how to fix/restore the rest of the info back for those 102 players:
1) you can either use the restore tool & match "first name & last name" across the 2 files to bring over ALL the information (except college) from the broken file into the fixed file. This is much faster but could cause problems-- we dont know a ton about how it affects franchise mode.
2) you can paste them back by hand & fix the 3 things that dont carry over with paste (college, years pro, & PBP). Slower but safer.

You can always make a copy & try option 1 first in that copy, then if it doesnt work then go on to step 2. Obviously, #1 is much more desirable but you have to watch out for double matches for the restore tool... e.g. two players in your roster that have the same full name: like in 2007 we have two Jimmy Williams, two Will Allens (there used to be two Mike Williams, two Chris Davis etc). It's not a big deal but if there are two matches the restore tool just leaves them both alone.

If the restore tool causes freezing, or for some reason you need to do go to option 2, here are the steps:
1) Open both the copy of your roster & the one with all the players already fixed, so you have a both tiled vertically

2) in the copy (one that still has the broken players), use the search tool & dont enter any fields so it brings up all 2000+ players

3) click on the word college to bring up the drop-down of all possible choices & select the first "BLANK" choice just above Albilene Christian

this will set it so all & ONLY the 102 players with no college are now showing

4) now uncheck everything in your copy except for college, years pro & PBP like this

5) paste all 102 back onto themselves in your "fixed roster"... but this time do not use paste exact copy... just use regular paste. As i said before, this will bring everything except college, PBP & years pro so you'll have to fix those manually. you can look right over & see them from the copy thanks to filter (except for college of course lol). You can also get that info from the spreadsheet

If you have any questions-- like how to use the restore tool-- or need clarification just ask obviously.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NJD.zip (6.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by puja21; 10-16-2008 at 02:54 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 AM   #44
MVP

this is the roster that already has the 6 broken players on SF & DEN fixed... so you'll just need to do the remaining 96 & then use the restore tool aftewards. Shouldnt take more than 45 mins @ about 30 seconds per player

the second attachment is the restore data from your original roster you'll need to get all 102 broken players restored to perfect (except for college) using Finn's restore tool. i'll walk you thru this when you get done with the first part.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy of ESPNNFL2K5_NFL2KNJD.zip (258.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip NJD Restore Data.zip (160.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by puja21; 10-16-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #45
Banned

Icon14 Re: Freezing in roster manage screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
this is the roster that already has the 6 broken players on SF & DEN fixed... so you'll just need to do the remaining 96 & then use the restore tool aftewards. Shouldnt take more than 45 mins @ about 30 seconds per player

the second attachment is the restore data from your original roster you'll need to get all 102 broken players restored to perfect (except for college) using Finn's restore tool. i'll walk you thru this when you get done with the first part.
thanks alot for the help puja
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #46
Banned

Icon14 Re: Freezing in roster manage screen

Quote:

thanks alot for the help puja
Old 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:

I should be able to get it done before the nights over. I know for sure there is at least two players with the same name, Brian Williams of the Packers and Brian Williams of the Vikings.

I'm inputting the colleges, pbp, photos, and experience in as I go.

Last edited by D16NJD16; 10-16-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #48
Banned

Just about done and what do you know, now names are suddenly showing up blank. Hundreds of first and last names that I never had any problems with before.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy of ESPNNFL2K5_NFL2KNJD.zip (258.3 KB, 0 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »