Home

Best System for NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on Best System for NFL 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
Best System for NFL 2K5

Hey guys, Im gonna buy the NFL 2K5 game but I dont know which system to buy it for. I have a X-box, a 360, and a PS3.
Also, I want to update the game, roster and all. Which is the easiest to do this? And which has the best graphics? Thanks for any help guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Best System for NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2810
Hey guys, Im gonna buy the NFL 2K5 game but I dont know which system to buy it for. I have a X-box, a 360, and a PS3.
Also, I want to update the game, roster and all. Which is the easiest to do this? And which has the best graphics? Thanks for any help guys!
Even as a long-time PS2 user, the answer in this case is clear - it's the XBOX version. Several reasons (and there are more besides this):

- The PS2 version lacks the half/postgame highlights (they're replaced by stills), even when played on a PS3.

- The XBOX version was patched at one point I believe, fixing a bug where a clipping penalty resulted in a massive loss of yards in the HB's stats. The PS2 version was never patched (impossible without a hard drive)

- Finn's editor can only open and read PS3 2k5 files, but not save them. This is because they are digitally signed, and Finn has to work around that before files can be saved. This makes getting roster files to PS3 very difficult, although there are some of us () who can convert PS2 roster and franchise files into PS3 files with a special tool. All that said, the XBOX rosters will be much easier to find and use.

I love my PS2 version since I never had an XBOX, but I'm not going to fanboy it up and say the two are the same, because they clearly are not. If you have a choice, definitely go for the XBOX version.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm pretty sure Xbox360 would be the easiest way to go if you're deciding between that and PS3...not too sure about the original Xbox though. Xbox has the better the graphics over Playstation and as someone who has played the game for both PS2 and Xbox360, I would recommend the Xbox version as it is the easiest to customize and it plays a lot smoother.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Eas of use and graphics - original Xbox. 360 offers minimal. if any, graphical improvement and getting rosters to/from is a pain. Orig Xbox is the way to go.

C
Old 11-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
MVP

Thanks for the help guys! I hope I can find one! But im not clear on one thing. Is there a XBOX version and a 360 version? If so, get the XBOX version? And what rosters are good? Will I need a cable or something? And which system is the easiest to get the rosters on? Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2810
Thanks for the help guys! I hope I can find one! But im not clear on one thing. Is there a XBOX version and a 360 version? If so, get the XBOX version? And what rosters are good? Will I need a cable or something? And which system is the easiest to get the rosters on? Thanks again.
There is only an XBOX version, which runs on the 360 aswell.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
MVP

OK thanks. I went out and bought it for XBOX for $1.99 LOL. So which system is better to play it on and easier to get the update thing? (XBOX or 360)
Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

reg xbox1 is better for that & it's not even close

MUCH easier if youre want to edit & reup files from the web to your system often

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »