Home

clearing stats (Finn or anyone who can help)

This is a discussion on clearing stats (Finn or anyone who can help) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
clearing stats (Finn or anyone who can help)

I finished my 1985 season and went into the following season. I resigned the guys I needed, let some retire, etc. I went through the draft (they would have to be adjusted, but I did draft), and waited the hour for pre-season to complete. I saved so I could begin to do the new players, adjust ratings, schedule, etc, but I wanted to see if there would be slowdown / stat problems in reg. season and sure enough, I ran into stat problems. There was no slowdown, but the previous season's stats never cleared when I started the 1986 season. The team stats reset, but the individuals are all still there.

Is there a way to just clear the individual stats before starting the season? I would very much like to keep the "career" part of the stats, so it will show in-game what they did the previous year. Anyone have this problem? If so, is it solveable? I think the "clear stats" button clears everything and I don't want everything cleared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: clearing stats (Finn or anyone who can help)

yup. unfortunately, there's no way to clear just one year or any one part of a player's career stats... like you guessed, you can only clear everything for a given player. as Finn himself unfortunately hypothesized: "most freezing/slowdown problems are stat-related"

you can clear for just a few players of course (i'm sure you know this) by highlighting multiple guys, right-clicking & choosing to "clear stats." And to see every player in the file on-screen in the editor you can use the search tool w/ no parameters entered of course.

i think in your case (making historic seasons), the best path would be to follow DreadedSteeler's method & try to overwrite players with similar stats into the comparable historic player whenever possible; e.g. it would be ideal to overwrite default roster's Jamal Lewis into Eric Dickerson '85, Barry Sanders '98, Terrell Davis '99, OJ Simpson '74 because Lewis had 2000+ yards in 2003 (& those guys all had 2000+ yards during the prior season too)
Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: clearing stats (Finn or anyone who can help)

I thought that might be the case. It would have been really cool to have the stats from the year I played, because they are pretty close to what really happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »