Home

I'm creating / redoing 1986

This is a discussion on I'm creating / redoing 1986 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
I'm creating / redoing 1986

_________5-31-09_________________________________
1986 ROSTER UPDATES:

1. Check all 28 rosters for missing players. *DONE*

2. Add missing players to bring teams to 53 players (when possible). *DONE*
- Added 170 players to the 28 team rosters.

3. Check which players left the NFL in 1986 from 1985 to be included in free agency. *DONE*

4. Re-rate NFC CENTRAL *DETROIT / CHICAGO / TAMPA / MINNESOTA / GREEN BAY DONE*

5. Re-rate NFC EAST *DALLAS / WASHINGTON / PHILADELPHIA / ST. LOUIS / NY GIANTS DONE*

6. Re-rate NFC WEST *SAN FRANCISCO / LA RAMS / NO SAINTS/ ATLANTA DONE*

7. Re-rate AFC EAST *MIAMI / NEW ENGLAND / NY JETS / BUFFALO / INDIANAPOLIS - Done*

8. Re-rate AFC WEST * SEATTLE / DENVER / KANSAS CITY / SAN DIEGO / LA RAIDERS - Done*

9. Re-rate AFC CENTRAL * CLEVELAND / CINCINNATI / HOUSTON / PITTSBURGH - DONE*

10. Add FAs *DONE - Over 260 FAs were added to the file. 90% of them are players dropped from 1985 with a few wildcards thrown in for good measure.*

11. Add Draftees
* Added top players at each position for Mel Kiper's part of Sportscenter.* DONE

12. Create 1986 schedule
* The schedule is complete. The season has the teams re-aligned to reflect 1986 and the 4 non-existent teams play just four games against each other.* DONE

13. Change playbooks / formation subs
*Have been doing this as I go along, so as far as I know, I think this is done too. I use formation subs, so the same player doesn't get all the carries (as the computer doesn't do well with subbing). It also helps keep a running back from getting 2000 yards. Back with most of the carries will still receive most of them in here (Dickerson, Riggs, Wilder, etc.)* DONE

14. Change / Re-rate coaches
*Went through the coaches and corrected any that were wrong (not that I'm convinced it does anything to the game). I also cleared the rookie stats and checked a few odds and ends.* DONE

15. Playtest <-- this is going to be a while. I will sim multiple seasons. I have already played quite a few games (no fewer than 2-3 per team on both sides of the ball).

16. Webpage and release.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1986.JPG (21.1 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by dophin26; 05-31-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: More updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I'm creating / redoing 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Just a heads-up to other roster makers. I have officially started on 1986. I'm using DreadedSteelers 86 as a starting point, but it is just that, a starting point. I am upping the number of players on each team to 53 when possible, I'll use my ratings to stay in line with 83-85 seasons, I'll add the FAs and turn this into a franchise with the correct schedule and draftees. DS's roster should cut about a month off my time (and yes, he will get some credit).

I think someone (Capa maybe?) said something about the 1987 season. If you want to, go ahead and do it, because it will be 6 months before I'd even touch it and I wouldn't mind the extra help
I'm excited. Dreaded Steelers 2 rosters have the added bonus of stats being in there for players, even if they're not the stats of the actual player.

I would need to install XP in one of my macs to make a roster, how long does it take to make a roster? We need more 70's and 60's season roster. I'd be interested in trying to make a 67 roster where Namath was the first to break the 4000 yard mark in 14 games, or maybe a roster from the 70's, the era of the "Superteams". Even though the Jets were bad in the 1970's it was a super exciting decade of football.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

i'm definitely going to do a historic roster this offseason... prob one of a few rosters from my youth; either 1996, 97, 99, or 2000
Old 12-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
Rookie

ssnakes9's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
i'm definitely going to do a historic roster this offseason... prob one of a few rosters from my youth; either 1996, 97, 99, or 2000
I'd love it if you did one of the Packers SB years :P
Old 12-24-2008, 01:06 AM   #5
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
How long does it take to make a roster puja?

The only problem with me doing a roster from the 70's would be that the fullback was still a big part of the running game for most NFL teams, meaning most teams would have to use the Buccaneers playbook or put the fullback in some single formations to have them get a realistic amount of carries like they had in real life.

I'll take any rosters I can get, they're addicting, something like you mentioned in the nineties would fill in a gap that's missing currently. Ideally we would have rosters every third year starting in the 1950's!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
How long does it take to make a roster puja?

The only problem with me doing a roster from the 70's would be that the fullback was still a big part of the running game for most NFL teams, meaning most teams would have to use the Buccaneers playbook or put the fullback in some single formations to have them get a realistic amount of carries like they had in real life.

I'll take any rosters I can get, they're addicting, something like you mentioned in the nineties would fill in a gap that's missing currently. Ideally we would have rosters every third year starting in the 1950's!
How long? Over a month to do it right and test it...and that's with hitting it every day for a few hours.

: (

C
Old 12-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Just a heads-up to other roster makers. I have officially started on 1986. I'm using DreadedSteelers 86 as a starting point, but it is just that, a starting point. I am upping the number of players on each team to 53 when possible, I'll use my ratings to stay in line with 83-85 seasons, I'll add the FAs and turn this into a franchise with the correct schedule and draftees. DS's roster should cut about a month off my time (and yes, he will get some credit).

I think someone (Capa maybe?) said something about the 1987 season. If you want to, go ahead and do it, because it will be 6 months before I'd even touch it and I wouldn't mind the extra help

Man the 1987 season would be a tough one, because of the players' strike.

I forgot how many replacement player games they had. But hey I will gladly take any classic rosters, good luck to anyone who wants to try.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd say over a month is a conservative estimate. I spent most of the summer creating 1985, but I guess I didn't sit there for 4-5 hours a day. I spent about 3-4 hours yesterday just going through DS's 1986 roster and adding in the missing guys on 5 teams in the NFC Central.

BTW- I will leave as many guys with the old stats as possible, but some guys will be copy ans pasted from 1985. I don't know if using the restore option ruins that either, but I will be restoring all the initial attributes of all players carried over to 1986 to save myself some time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »