Home

JSOU or PUJA?

This is a discussion on JSOU or PUJA? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
JSOU or PUJA?

I am about to venture back into 2k5. I was wondering which roster file you may prefer and why? or what are the major differences? so I can choose the right one for my preferences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Pro

hardcor2's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JSOU or PUJA?

I think a lot of people here think Puja's are the best and I would tend to agree. Both are great sets of rosters though. I've been using JSOU's and will continue to until Puja's are completely done. Hopefully JSOU doesn't take any offense to me calling his second best
Old 01-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I think that everyone's roster is good but are all different in terms of ratings, global edits, sliders, etc. Long story short - everyone here who creates their own roster do so because they want the game to play their own certain way which is a plus because no two rosters are identical.

And I suggest playing with every roster to see which one you prefer the most.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

more than just us two; FunNGun, GR18, JSOU, Dan, DaFlyBoys (DFB), i think NuJoiseySolja has one etc... theyre just different. JSOUs are evidently very difficult. GR18 prob has similar ranges to mine, but i think his "bottom tier" players are slightly higher-rated than mine. DFB i think specifically targets improved CPU QB play. Dan has his own system he can tell you about.

i can only really speak in detail to mine.. .they are highly formulaic, derived from metrics initally and tweaked from there. Mine also possibly fall closest into the ranges of the default roster attributes of the many versions available here. And i **think** i'm the only one who uses a lot of cyberfaces & who MS excel to perform error checks on the data, so very few errors

But everyone is good about putting quality product up here. theyre all strong files-- just load em up & see
Old 01-16-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
more than just us two; FunNGun, GR18, JSOU, Dan, DaFlyBoys (DFB), i think NuJoiseySolja has one etc... theyre just different. JSOUs are evidently very difficult. GR18 prob has similar ranges to mine, but i think his "bottom tier" players are slightly higher-rated than mine. DFB i think specifically targets improved CPU QB play. Dan has his own system he can tell you about.

i can only really speak in detail to mine.. .they are highly formulaic, derived from metrics initally and tweaked from there. Mine also possibly fall closest into the ranges of the default roster attributes of the many versions available here. And i **think** i'm the only one who uses a lot of cyberfaces & who MS excel to perform error checks on the data, so very few errors

But everyone is good about putting quality product up here. theyre all strong files-- just load em up & see
I agree with what's stated above, my rosters are geared towards game play. I use a system of ratings and combine results to gauge basic att's like speed, agilty, strength, jumping, and other atts are given by season statistics and a ton of deliberating among 7 guys who are 2k lifers and play an official 2k season with me each year. The big rating we use is consistency, we use this as our main att meaning we have a scale for ex, the top is 105 for elite star players, 100 super stars, 95 stars all the way down to 70 being the bottom. So if you want to know how good a player is in our opinion just look at their consistency rating and that will give you a general idea. We also spent around 2 hrs per team soley on players skin tones and equipment. If I feel the game needs a tweak to accomplish something on the field then its done. I like to have my player ratings to be were they should be, but I'd rather have the game play how I want to, rather than worry if a players rating is too high or low. Oh yeah I HIGHLY suggest using the -25% method if using my rosters. For those of you who like my rosters but want the overall rating to reflect a rating not so high, use the -25% on all teams rather than soley on your own, and the defensive ratings will be more traditional. In the end I suggest what dan stated give them all a try. There all fun in their own way. Wow thats the most I have typed in a while on this site, I'm now going to go get my butt kicked at Call of Duty 5. Dang xbox live 12 year old kids, that own me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

And in all fairness, I didn't even do a roster this year, just experimented with more tweaking of what these guys already did. I agree though, each roster set has its' own merits.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I say scrap all this showboating, "me-me-me" attitude, and drug problems of the modern day and play some historic rosters! No showboating (Gastinaeu, fun bunch, Icky Shuffle), no attitudes (Lambert, Dobbler, Marino yelling at everyone) and definitely no drugs (except half the Patriots, the 85 Cardinals, Lyle Alzado and Tony Mandrich). Just good clean football and guys that shook hands when it was all over.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Any chance you could tell me how I could play with a historic roster with ps2, is it even possible? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »