Home

dan77733's 2004 "roster2K5" and "franchise2K5" files

This is a discussion on dan77733's 2004 "roster2K5" and "franchise2K5" files within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
dan77733's 2004 "roster2K5" and "franchise2K5" files

Hey everyone, I have finally finished my roster and franchise files for the 2004 NFL season and as promised, im posting them both here for those who want to relive the 2004 season or for those who never had the chance to play the 2004 seaon the way it was meant to be played.

roster2K5 FEATURES -

1) Auto body type was used with my personal setup (0-199 = skinny, 200-269 = normal, 270 - 319 = large and 320 - 450 = extra large).
2) All 32 teams have 54 players.
3) 51 free agents available. All 51 free agents are the remaining players that were drafted in 2004.
4) 169 remaining free agents are veterans who were edited to zero so the CPU wouldnt sign them during franchise mode.
5) Several players have been re-named to match their PBP. These players were re-named in FINN's editor. All added players were also re-named in FINN's editor and were edited within the same position.
6) No player is linked to another player.
7) Player ratings are based on their 2004 season statistics.
8) Depth Charts are in order of player ratings.
9) Kick and Punt returners are based on the actual 2004 season.
10) 97 players have been added to the roster file and the complete list is in a notepad document which is posted below.
11) 172 players have had their years pro edited and the notepad document is posted below.
12) Every player's height and weight was left as is.
13) Every player's college and date of birth have been verified and are 100% accurate excluding the free agents who were zeroed out.
14) I went through all 1,948 players in-game to adjust their face and / or skin tone in order to be as accurate as possible. Players whose face and skin tone cant be edited in-game were left as is.
15) I went through all 1,948 players in Finn's editor and made sure that "dreads" were accurate.
16) I went through the play by play name for all 1,948 players in Finn's editor. If the last name was available, it will be said during gameplay.
17) No renaming whatsoever was done in-game
18) No created player slots were used in-game even though several will appear due to the "PBP last name only" was selected for several players.
19) All 32 teams have their accurate Run/Pass ratio attached to their respective head coach.
20) Every RB and WR have had their "run style" edited to either "finesse" or "power". This makes the game somewhat more difficult because the moves that used to work for "balanced" players dont have the same affect and/or impact as they did before.
21) Global Edits have been added and my setup has been posted below.
22) Large Attributes have been added to two players who are both listed below.
23) I have also created my own edits which I like to call "dan edits". Every player's overall rating and attribute ends in a 0, 2, 5, 7 or 8. The setup that I use is listed below.
24) "Dan edits" also applies to every team's offensive, defensive and overall rating.
25) Excluding global edits, no attribute is lower than 20.
26) Shoe types 1, 2 and 6 were used for the Bears, Buccaneers and Steelers. Shoe types 1, 2 and 3 were used for the other 29 other teams as well as free agents.
27) No player has sleeves regardless of whether or not they wear them in reality.
28) No player has double white, double black or double team wristbands.
29) Every player's helmet and face mask match up accordingly. The standard helmet is attached to face masks 1-15 while the revolution helmet is attached to face masks 16-27.
30) I have a drafted rookie rating setup for every drafted player from 2004. My setup is listed below.
31) No player is rated under 50 overall except for the long snappers who are all rated 40 overall.
32) Every kicker and punter's rating is based on Madden NFL 2006.
33) Every player's overall rating and consistency attribute have been made the same. In other words, if a player's overall rating is 90, his consistency attribute is also 90. This was done for a few reasons. First, no matter what a player is rated, his consistency should be the same because well, that's why he has the overall rating that he has. Second, because the consistency attribute affects the overall rating, the higher a player is rated, the lower his core attributes will be where as the lower a player is rated, the higher his core attributes will be. Third, a lot of people wanted to know a player's overall rating in Finn's editor. This allows you to know every player's overall rating.
34) Every quarterback, kicker and punter's overall rating, consistency and composure attribute have been made the same. For kicker's and punter's, only kick power, kick accuracy, consistency and composure affect their overall rating.
35) Every QB, K and P have been given their correct "best hand".
36) My roster file was tested out in franchise mode using the game's default season schedule (2004) and im happy to report that no freezing occured at any time during the season, the playoffs or the 2005 off-season. I simulated until the start of the 2005 regular season.
37) My franchise file was also tested out with a slightly edited default season schedule (2004) in which several games had time changes or had to be moved up/down in Finn's editor and im happy to once again report that no freezing occured at any time during the season, the playoffs or the 2005 off-season. I simulated until the start of the 2005 regular season.
38) All 32 team's offensive and defensive rating are based on the 2004 regular season and was done in order to add more realism. A perfect example is the Washington Redskins who have a 98 rated defense but a horrible 65 rated offense. Team ratings were based on total offense/defense and scoring offense/defense and were rated using my "dan edits" setup and were done on a by conference basis with the minimum rating being 60 and the maximum rating being 98.
39) My global edit setup, large attribute setup, 2004 drafted rookie rating setup, run style setup and my own personal "dan edits" setup are all listed below.
40) This is for Xbox.

- A huge thanks goes out to FINN for creating the ESPN NFL 2K5 gamesave editor which has allowed us all to keep playing the hell out of 2K5. I personally want to say THANK YOU and that everything you've done with your editor is greatly appreciated.

GLOBAL EDITS -

Position
(global rating) - attribute

QB
(0) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(25) - Aggressiveness
(90) - Stamina

RB
(0) - Scramble, Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(90) - Stamina

FB and TE
(0) - Scramble, Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina and Aggressiveness

WR
(0) - Scramble, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(90) - Stamina

C, OG and OT
(0) - Scramble, Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina
(90) - Aggressiveness

K and P
(0) - Scramble, Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle and Aggressiveness
(25) - Aggressiveness
(40) - Stamina

DT and DE
(0) - Scramble, Jumping, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina
(90) - Aggressiveness

OLB and ILB
(0) - Scramble, Jumping, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina and Aggressiveness

CB, SS and FS
(0) - Scramble, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Run Route, Hold Ball, Break Tackle, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(25) - Aggressiveness
(40) - Catch
(90) - Stamina

LARGE ATTRIBUTES -

I used this option for only two players. Colts QB Peyton Manning and Ravens SS Ed Reed. Manning was the 2004 NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year while Reed was the 2004 Defensive Player of the Year. Manning's composure and consistency attributes are also rated 100 as is Reed's consistency attribute. Both Manning and Reed were the only two players given the "perfect" 100 overall rating.

RUN STYLE -

BALANCED - QB, K and P
FINESSE - CB, SS and FS
POWER - FB, TE, C, OG, OT, DT, DE, OLB and ILB
FINESSE or POWER - RB and WR

DAN EDITS -

DAN edits is my own personal setup when it comes to rating teams and players. Every team's offensive, defensive and overall rating in addition to every player's overall rating and attribute ends with a zero, two, five, seven or eight. The reason I did this is twofold. First, as you'll see below, my drafted rookie rating setup is the same way. Second, I wanted there to be separation between the starters and the backups. Third, the reason why 77 is used instead of 78 is nothing more than personal preference. The complete rating setup is listed below.

20, 22, 25, 28, 30, 32, 35, 38, 40, 42, 45, 48, 50, 52, 55, 58, 60, 62, 65, 68, 70, 72, 75, 77, 80, 82, 85, 88, 90, 92, 95, 98 and 100.

ROOKIE RATING DEFAULT SETUP -

Round/Selection/Overall Rating

2004 NFL DRAFT -

1) 1-10 (85)
1) 11 - 20 (82)
1) 21 - 32 (80)
2) 33 - 48 (77)
2) 49 - 64 (75)
3) 65 - 80 (72)
3) 81 - 96 (70)
4) 97 - 114 (68)
4) 115 - 132 (65)
5) 133 - 148 (62)
5) 149 - 165 (60)
6) 166 - 183 (58)
6) 184 - 201 (55)
7) 202 - 228 (52)
7) 229 - 255 (50)

franchise2K7 FEATURES -

1) Uses my "roster2K7" file.
2) All 32 teams are "user" controlled.
3) NFL Salary Cap is set at $80.50m.
4) The final 2004 NFL regular season schedule is obviously already pre-loaded.
5) Substitutions were made for every team and the notepad document with all the information has been posted below. This includes but isnt limited to Long Snappers and Holders.

OPTIONS -

Difficulty: Legend (as is)
Penalties: On (all)
Penalty Sliders: Default (as is)
Fumble Slider: Default (as is)
Interception Slider: Default (as is)
Injury Slider: Default (as is)

Quarter Length: 5 minutes
Play Calling: By Formation
Speed: Normal
Challenges: On
Coach Mode: Off
Performance EQ: Off
Hot Routes: Off

Player Indicator: Name
Action Replays: On
Stat Overlays: On
On Screen Text: On
Sports Ticker: Off
Vibration: Off

Audio Presentation: Custom
TV Broadcast Volume: Max
PA Volume: Max
Sound Effects Volume: Max
Crowd Volume: Max
Player Voice Volume: Max
Menu Music: Off
Crib Music: Crib Only
Use Custom Stadium Music: Off

FRANCHISE OPTIONS -

Pre-Season: On
Weekly Prep: Off
First Person: Off
Customize League: Off
Fantasy Draft Roster: Off
Trade Deadline: On
Owner Firing: Off
Edit Rookies: Off
Simulate Quarter Length: 5 minutes

Draft Players: Player
Sign Draft Picks: Player
Re-Sign Players: Player
Sign and Release Players: Player
Update Depth Chart: Player

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS -

CAMERA -

Camera: Standard
QB Pivot: On
Runner Pivot: Off
Pass Play Zoom Out: Off

AUTO SUBSTITUTIONS -

Auto Subs In: 5%
Auto Subs Out: 5%
Injury Status: Healthy

Posted below are my 2K5 (2004) roster and franchise files. I hope everyone enjoys them and has fun playing through the 2004 season with them. In the following post, are the five notepad documents that will help the player as a reference. I also have all 32 teams in wordpad format and if anyone wants them, send me a PM with your email and I will send them all to you in a folder.

Enjoy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_roster2K5.zip (249.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_franchise2.zip (252.1 KB, 20 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: dan77733's 2004 "roster2K5" and "franchise2K5" files

Great Work!
I was all into it, and then got to number 40.

Just my luck, eh?
Good Job, again. I appreciate all the work you've put into this and I hope someone could change the save over to PS2, so I may enjoy the work you've accomplished.
Mizzou Tigers

PSN: yoscotty_
Old 01-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottysivley
Great Work!
I was all into it, and then got to number 40.

Just my luck, eh?
Good Job, again. I appreciate all the work you've put into this and I hope someone could change the save over to PS2, so I may enjoy the work you've accomplished.
Sorry bud. I dont know how to change an Xbox zip file to a PS2 max filebut hopefully, someone here knows how and will help you out.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

I am going to see what I can do about making this file into PS2 format.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

dan, with all those files you posted, would that cover the complete 2004 rosters, free agents, etc. for me to manually input all these myself? I don't have the stuff you I need to install on my 360 console simply because I'm not buying them. I have the time to manually do all the changes in the game. Would I be able to do this?

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
dan, with all those files you posted, would that cover the complete 2004 rosters, free agents, etc. for me to manually input all these myself? I don't have the stuff you I need to install on my 360 console simply because I'm not buying them. I have the time to manually do all the changes in the game. Would I be able to do this?
You could but im not sure how many players you'll be able to rename/create without the ability of Finn's editor. I added 97 players so you'll need to use the renaming and create a player options as best you can but also, you'll have a lot of players out of position.

If you try it, good luck bud.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
You could but im not sure how many players you'll be able to rename/create without the ability of Finn's editor. I added 97 players so you'll need to use the renaming and create a player options as best you can but also, you'll have a lot of players out of position.

If you try it, good luck bud.
Ok. Took care of that. What do I all need to get your files into my 360? I have a 360 memory card and the 360 exchange thingy for my memory card.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 01-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
I am going to see what I can do about making this file into PS2 format.
Impossible.. I tried everything - looks like I am missing out on Dan's roster unless I find time to do it manually myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »