Home

Newbie here - trying to transfer Xbox 360 2k5 rosters/schedule for first time

This is a discussion on Newbie here - trying to transfer Xbox 360 2k5 rosters/schedule for first time within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Newbie here - trying to transfer Xbox 360 2k5 rosters/schedule for first time

Hey guys.

This is my first time trying to do this. So please assist me if you have some free time to respond. I really appreciate it.

1. I have a copy of ESPN NFL 2K5 for the Xbox; however, I will be playing the game on my Xbox 360.

2. I ordered a free Data Migration Transfer Cable from Xbox Customer Service. Should get here in 12 to 14 days.

3. I downloaded XPort 360 v2.05

4. I have Windows XP, Sp3.

5. I downloaded 2 recent Roster Files from: [FunNgun034] http://www.operationsports.com/forum...community.html

6. I also downloaded a 2009-2010 Schedule file from: [Nexxus6] http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dule-file.html

I have a couple questions though, since there's no read-me files with any of the downloads.

A. From #5 above, which roster is the most recent one? There's two rosters there in that forum link and I don't know which one to use.

B. When using Xport, I assume I am supposed to leave my Xbox 360 running at the dashboard while I use Xport on the PC to transer the files? Or will Xport work without the 360 running?

C. Is that safe? Am I risking any terms of service violations with Microsoft? I don't want them to ban my Gamertag because I'm fiddling with the Hard Drive saves - even though it has nothing to do with Xbox Live.

D. Are these in fact Xbox 360 Roster and Schedule files that I am downloading? I am not familiar with the format/file names of 360 save files, so for all I know I downloaded PS2 files. Please verify for me that I have the right files Thanks.

E. For the 2009-2010 Schedule file, is ESPN 2K5 supposed to be running in the Franchise mode when I transfer it to the Xbox 360? Or do I just save a franchise at the end of the Pre-season, then exit out of the game and copy it over?

Sorry if these sound noobish. I really want to play 2K5 on my Xbox 360 with current rosters - but I want to do it right and not screw it up.

BTW - If anyone knows a solid tutorial for all this stuff, please link!

Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Newbie here - trying to transfer Xbox 360 2k5 rosters/schedule for first time

First thing you need to do is put the game in your 360 and create a game save ie settings or roster or vip profile.

B. Unhook your hard drive from the 360 and hook it up to the migration cable and take the usb end of the cable and hook that to your computer.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-360-a.html
Old 05-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Newbie here - trying to transfer Xbox 360 2k5 rosters/schedule for first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
First thing you need to do is put the game in your 360 and create a game save ie settings or roster or vip profile.

B. Unhook your hard drive from the 360 and hook it up to the migration cable and take the usb end of the cable and hook that to your computer.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-360-a.html

Oh ok - so I actually detach the whole hard drive from the 360. I don't have the data cable yet - I was assuming it connected the PC directly to a port on the back of the Xbox 360.

That makes more sense. lol

Thanks for the link.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

Once you get the cable its a piece of cake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »