Home

.RAR FILE TO READ ON PS3

This is a discussion on .RAR FILE TO READ ON PS3 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
.RAR FILE TO READ ON PS3

HELP PLEASE. I DOWNLOADED JSOUROSETER FOR PS2 FROM NFL2K5ROSTERS.COM AND TRYING TO GET IT TO LOAD ON MY PS3. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? WHAT FOLDERS DO I NEED TO CREATE IN THE USB THUMB DRIVE? DOES IT MATTER THAT IT IS A .RAR FILE? I'VE DOWNLOADED PSV FILES WITH NO PROBLEM. THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: .RAR FILE TO READ ON PS3

ANYONE???? HOW DO I EXTRACT (UNZIP) .RAR FILE?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
Rookie

ok i found out how to "extract" the .rar file using 7ZIP program. And now it is a .max file. What do i do next? please, please help. I want to play nfl2k5 on my ps3 sooooo bad.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Rookie

rydd14's Arena

From what I was able to gather last night no one has been able to figure out how to easily convert .MAX files to .PSV files (these are what the PS3 can read). There is a way to do it but it's very in depth (I didn't understand it). I was able to find some rosters (2008-2009) for the PS3 though.

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/2k5playstationrosters.html
Old 07-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try this link

http://www.kingrosters.com/ps2forps3.html

This is the only file that I have been able to find so far that works for the PS3 with 09-10 rosters. It doesn't have all of the rookies, but all of the 1st rounders are there and they look great. The only bad thing about the file is that when you start a franchise every team is about 20 million over the cap so you have to adjust the franchise settings to allow your assistant coach to sign and cut players. By doing this there are so many players that end up on other teams. For instance Tomlinson, Tom Brady, and Calvin Johnson are all playing for the Bears. It doesn't bother me that much because I am playing with the Raiders and it kept pretty much all of the players that I wanted. Also your rosters will only have around 36 players and you won't be able to sign any free agents or trade players in the 1st year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

If anyone else knows of a new 2009-2010 roster update for the PS3, PLEASE post a link. Much appreciated!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydd14
From what I was able to gather last night no one has been able to figure out how to easily convert .MAX files to .PSV files (these are what the PS3 can read). There is a way to do it but it's very in depth (I didn't understand it). I was able to find some rosters (2008-2009) for the PS3 though.

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/2k5playstationrosters.html
It isn't THAT difficult once you have everything you need. However, "everything you need" involves having an actual PS2, Action Replay, and the memory card adaptor. If you already have a PS2 I'd look into it, but if not then you're better off looking for someone else to do the conversion who actually has this stuff.

I used to be able to do it (and I still have all the stuff), but sadly my PS2 has kicked the bucket and aside from the whole conversion thing I don't really have any reason to get it fixed....plus I can still play 2k5 on my 60 GB PS3.

Edit: Just to add - the XBOX-PS2 conversion is the complicated part. Can be done, but involves a few other things like building your own PS2 file from scratch, using the XBOX save file for part of it. PS2 > PS3 is comparatively easy.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-08-2009 at 06:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »