Home

GR18 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE V3 7/20

This is a discussion on GR18 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE V3 7/20 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: GR18 ROSTER/FRANCHISE UPDATE V3 7/20

yeah that is what was killing me. The Delhomme to Smith, and Williams being a beast.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #74
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

After tweaking away at your roster I thought I would give it another run with my sliders. I've been especially seeing the marriage between the tweaks and the coverage slider for both human and cpu. I thought I'd take a run at Cassel and his new team since I normal play with the Chiefs. This time I wanted to see how they'd fare being Gonzalez-less when using the Jags. I got worried at first as Cassel gave up a bad INT in the red zone in the 1st quarter. My LB scampered 85 yds for the score. Cassel's #'s at half time were mediocre as well and I was up 21-7. I wasn't doing that much better with Garrard.

Cassel then woke up in a big way in the 2nd half and OT. 5 for 9 in the 3Q and 8-9 in the 4th as well as 2-2 in the OT making 15 for 20 in the 2nd half. I had to scramble to get a last second FG to send it into OT, but I couldn't produce on my opening drive and had to hand the ball over to KC. A combination of the 2 Cassel completions and some nice running by LJ put them in position for the GW FG.

Notable stats:
Cassel: 23/39 (59%) for 349; 2 TD's and 1 INT.
Garrard: 16/27 (59%) for 219; 1 TD; 2 sks.

LJ: 21 for 180 1 TD; 49 long
J-Drew: 22 for 117 & 1 TD; 46 long

Bowe 11 for 116 & 1TD
Hold 8 for 130 & 1TD

Final: Chiefs (cpu) 27; Jags (me) 24 - OT

.... was a great game. I think I'm pretty much there. Gonna test one or two more games.

Again, fantastic (and timely) rosters!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #75
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
After tweaking away at your roster I thought I would give it another run with my sliders. I've been especially seeing the marriage between the tweaks and the coverage slider for both human and cpu. I thought I'd take a run at Cassel and his new team since I normal play with the Chiefs. This time I wanted to see how they'd fare being Gonzalez-less when using the Jags. I got worried at first as Cassel gave up a bad INT in the red zone in the 1st quarter. My LB scampered 85 yds for the score. Cassel's #'s at half time were mediocre as well and I was up 21-7. I wasn't doing that much better with Garrard.

Cassel then woke up in a big way in the 2nd half and OT. 5 for 9 in the 3Q and 8-9 in the 4th as well as 2-2 in the OT making 15 for 20 in the 2nd half. I had to scramble to get a last second FG to send it into OT, but I couldn't produce on my opening drive and had to hand the ball over to KC. A combination of the 2 Cassel completions and some nice running by LJ put them in position for the GW FG.

Notable stats:
Cassel: 23/39 (59%) for 349; 2 TD's and 1 INT.
Garrard: 16/27 (59%) for 219; 1 TD; 2 sks.

LJ: 21 for 180 1 TD; 49 long
J-Drew: 22 for 117 & 1 TD; 46 long

Bowe 11 for 116 & 1TD
Hold 8 for 130 & 1TD

Final: Chiefs (cpu) 27; Jags (me) 24 - OT

.... was a great game. I think I'm pretty much there. Gonna test one or two more games.

Again, fantastic (and timely) rosters!!
Wow,that was a good one.Nice to hear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 01:30 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'm pretty sure he's in free agents.I'd have to check.If not I'll make sure he's in on an update.
I looked in free agency and on the Giants but he was on neither.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:47 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 7

Which one is the XBOX version and which one is the Ps2 version?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #78
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Wow,that was a good one.Nice to hear.
Yeah it was.... had another good one as ATL vs. BAL. Bal's D was as advertised. It was very tough to run. But, McGahee ate me up and I wasn't expecting Flacco to be brilliant and he wasn't but he did just enough. I was in the 60's% passing with Ryan but could only get 1 down field completion. Gonzo was good for me but he dropped a key late much need catch to even consider making it a contest. Final Bal: 27; Atl: 13 Also saw a new animation where McGahee's FB got caught up between him and my defender down field on a run. He got his feet swept out from under him and got ***-canned. Gonna try one more game and then get an 09 franchise/season set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc92787
I looked in free agency and on the Giants but he was on neither.
Why don't you DL the editor and open the file, then do a search for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-train
Which one is the XBOX version and which one is the Ps2 version?
Roster makers primarily do XBox. Look for separate threads where rosters are converted to PS2.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

I did a search for him on the editor and no results were found.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #80
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc92787
I did a search for him on the editor and no results were found.
What I would do is grab an earlier roster from somebody. Open it in the editor. Find Toomer and copy and paste his attributes to a WR in the FA pool in gr's current roster that you know won't be on a team this year, is retired, etc. (You can open up multiple files at the same time in the editor.)

Then, make sure all of the looks and demographics are Toomer's. Not sure if you want to keep the attributes the same for him or move them down a bit. Not sure if he's lost a step or not..... as a Chiefs fan I sure hope not! GL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »