Home

PS3 limitations?

This is a discussion on PS3 limitations? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
PS3 limitations?

What are the limitations for the PS3 when making rosters that I read about? Is it possible to just start with the default roster and then start changing players around, editing players that aren't in the league anymore to players that are, update attributes etc. etc.?
I don't want to start on this huge project and then have something bad happen halfway through. I can't see how it would be possible to change the players pics, but that wouldn't bother me. Also, any hints/info on which attributes to kind-of keep low, or make high to get better game play.
I am just wondering if this is possible because I am thinking about trying it. Also, would it just be easier to convert one of the Xbox rosters to PS3?
One last question (sorry) I read about the xbox having a upconvert cable to play on HDTV's. Does this work? I play with the PS3 on my HDTV and use the progressive scan method and it shows fine lines on the players and field. (Samsung Tv, so I don't think it is the tv)
sorry so long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: PS3 limitations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
What are the limitations for the PS3 when making rosters that I read about? Is it possible to just start with the default roster and then start changing players around, editing players that aren't in the league anymore to players that are, update attributes etc. etc.?
I don't want to start on this huge project and then have something bad happen halfway through. I can't see how it would be possible to change the players pics, but that wouldn't bother me. Also, any hints/info on which attributes to kind-of keep low, or make high to get better game play.
I am just wondering if this is possible because I am thinking about trying it. Also, would it just be easier to convert one of the Xbox rosters to PS3?
One last question (sorry) I read about the xbox having a upconvert cable to play on HDTV's. Does this work? I play with the PS3 on my HDTV and use the progressive scan method and it shows fine lines on the players and field. (Samsung Tv, so I don't think it is the tv)
sorry so long.
For starters, if you're working strictly on the PS3 (editing rosters and such), you're not going to be able to use Finn's editor at all. That's because the digital signature on .psv files prevents us from modifying/saving them and copying them back to the PS3. Also, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think people ran into problems when trying this, like they could only edit a certain number of players before the game said a limit was reached. It's just the way the PS2 game was made, unfortunately.

Because of that, the only way to get full, accurate rosters onto the PS3 is by first converting an XBOX file to PS2 format, and then creating a PS3 (.psv format) file through the use of the PS3 memory card adaptor. The directions for both of these processes have been laid out numerous times on this board, just search for them. Problem is, it takes a lot of stuff to do the conversion yourself - you need a PS2, Action Replay (or Max Drive), and the memory card adaptor, plus a couple of free programs on the PC. Most people can probably get the AR and adaptor pretty easily, but if you don't already have one, getting a PS2 only to do roster conversions is a tough sell.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-29-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: PS3 limitations?

Thanks for the reply, (it must have been hard since you are a cubs fan and me a cards fan. I hope those two teams come down to the last week of the season.)

I am going to look into converting some of these rosters. I have a ps2, but just not the other things your talking about. Last night I started to change all the ratings of the roster I downloaded from Kings site. I didn't like how the cornerbacks played so bad with his ratings. however, I think the roster itself is pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »