Home

Manually updating Rosters???

This is a discussion on Manually updating Rosters??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5
Manually updating Rosters???

Instead of using Finn's Editor, I can move active players to their new teams and create new players to fill the rosters with rookies and players that have entered the league since the game was created, right? I know this is time intensive but I think the end result would be better and you may reduce freezing problems. Just an idea I had. If I can get some feedback on this, that would be most helpful. Oh yeah, as far as ratings go, what is a good reference to go by? Thanks again for your help, people.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Manually updating Rosters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
Instead of using Finn's Editor, I can move active players to their new teams and create new players to fill the rosters with rookies and players that have entered the league since the game was created, right? I know this is time intensive but I think the end result would be better and you may reduce freezing problems. Just an idea I had. If I can get some feedback on this, that would be most helpful. Oh yeah, as far as ratings go, what is a good reference to go by? Thanks again for your help, people.
LMFAO. I'm sorry and dont mean to laugh my *** off but why do you think people use FINN's kickass (and is why im personally still playing 2K5) editor in the first place?

It's because while you can rename and create players in-game, eventually you reach the renaming and CAP limit and would be stuck with whatever you had done thus far in-game. Using the editor allows those that use it to bypass the limitations that are in 2K5 itself. While the editor cant make 2K5 perfect, it has definitely turned a lot of negatives into huge positives.

And instead of going into detail, I'll just sum it up this way - if it wasnt for FINN's editor, I personally would have just quit playing football games or would have just stayed with 2K3 and play it despite it being from 2002.

As far as ratings go, I have my own personal setup that I use. The only thing that I do thats not my own is I use the created players as well as the speed, agility, strength and jumping attributes from PUJA 21's files (with permission of course). This is where the copy and paste exact copy features in FINN's editor (gee, I keep mentioning the editor. I wonder why) make adding players to a roster file take minutes instead of hours.

As for freezing, its a lot of different things and has never been 100% pinpointed. Several things can cause it even though some things that may cause the freezing only happens to some people while others who did the same have no problems.

If you have a roster file that your worked on and it freezes, post it because I want to take a look at it. Just post the file and when it freezes.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Banned

P.S. - If you do actually decide to manually update everything yourself without using FINN's editor, GOOD LUCK.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

You'll run into a creation cap and you'll never make it.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

Thanks for the input guys. If anyone knows where I can download Finns Editor for the PS2, I would really appreciate it. I will give you my email address so you can email it to me. Thanks again for the feedback.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Banned

Go to -

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/

and to the left under editing tools, is an option for FINN's last editor, 4.0. Thats the one that supports PS2 AR Max Drive files.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Go to -

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/

and to the left under editing tools, is an option for FINN's last editor, 4.0. Thats the one that supports PS2 AR Max Drive files.
Thanks. Awesome. I am just waiting for my Max Drive to get here and it's on. BTW, I tried playing with Agility ratings all at 1 and OMG! I like that so much better. Only 1 INT thrown all game and it was me but I had 2 TDs as well. I won the game 27-13 against the 49ers.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Thanks. Awesome. I am just waiting for my Max Drive to get here and it's on. BTW, I tried playing with Agility ratings all at 1 and OMG! I like that so much better. Only 1 INT thrown all game and it was me but I had 2 TDs as well. I won the game 27-13 against the 49ers.
Agility set to 1????????? Except QB, K and P, isnt every player rated very low now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »