Home

2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread

This is a discussion on 2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: 2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread

And here it is, the 'demo' - the Browns and Panthers are the only two teams complete (except the Kickers and Punters for now) and some stats need to still be cleared.

I read through dozens of scout analysis reports to make the ratings as close as possible, also used Madden 2010 on the PSP as a little assistant for determining the ratings (for those who I did not find a report on)

If you're not happy with a player's overall, just yell at me and I'll back it up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL2K10 Demo.zip (251.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
Banned

Franchise File: will be released by October, hopefully

Two down, thirty to go. Trying to make the roster as realistical as possible, also making it uniform with the Generated Draft.

I still learning how to make the Franchise files, I googled the steps and I am thinking of making two different kinds. The season will be near over by then, but just know that my 2K11 file would have better time since I don't have to start from scratch like I am doing with this 2K10 file.

But two different Franchise files, i am calling the one Standard and the other one Premium.

basically Standard is just the regular Franchise that you would start in a game, and Premium is going to be a Franchise with the teams having their specific draft picks. (i.e. Carolina traded their 1st round pick in the Draft so when you finish the year, they wont have it unless you make a few moves and trade for a 1st round pick)

I never ever made a Franchise file before and the scheduling looks pretty deep, but I will get around to it. Any ideas on this would be most appreciated, just want to put Madden 10 to shame.

ALSO: yes, you can use a draft class, if i figure out how to make it i will add that into the set
Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
Banned

Updates: a few teams are completed, i took a little break from organizing and worked on the player attire making sure uniforms are accurate. however... when i put certain equipment on players, it doesn't for some odd reason show up in-game.

Ex: Jeff Otah, i have him black elbow turf and he is not wearing in the game. Long Snapper J.J. Jansen has team color sleeves and turtleneck, yet it does not appear in-game.

If anyone knows how i can avoid this, tell me - thanks.

Now, the roster is looking good - using the rookie class as a guide, i made sure it wasn't too unrealistic, keeping everything in uniform.

what i have noticed: Quarterbacks read coverage is never below 50 for rookies so the lowest you'll see for any QB in my roster is 50 - 100. Composure goes as low as 15-100, Consistency goes 1-100. Scramble 10-100. Accuracy 45-100. Arm Strength 50-100.

players who have the 100 in their attributes:
Brett Favre (100 Arm Strength, 100 Durability)
Brian Witherspoon (100 Speed)
Sebastian Janikowski (100 Kick Power)
Brandon Jacobs (100 Break Tackle)
Tony Gonzalez (100 Consistency, 100 Composure)

-----
Been working on giving NO PHOTO players some past player photos. i do not think it really matters but gives the game some more life instead of seeing NO PHOTO. and when you draft rookies you get a variety of faces (all look the same) so what the heck. Thanks to Dophin's roster tools i have been able to complete the task and i hope he can complete every UNK in the editor for roster expansion.

--------
the standard and premium Franchise files will not be out this year, i started the rosters way too late and i feel next year i will do it. what the premium is, is you start franchise with your team with the draft picks... like say you use the Panthers you wont have your 1st round. look above in the thread for more info on that.

---------
Just throwing this out there:
i just started getting into that Weekley Preperation and i must say, i didnt think it was that good. using strategy guides on the internet i learned how to utilize the feature and just love how i can train a player, like Tom Brandstater (who is rated 49 in my roster) and really develop him into an all-star QB. i believe i got him to a 57-59 after the season ended? just wanted to experiment it. i went to do the franchise again with the Broncos, and this time simulated without Weekley Prep and Brandstater only went to a 53. so i am goin to be hooked on that

Last edited by 2Koalition; 09-13-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

There is something definitely about you that seems more focused, like with this project. Good to see! It's really all we were asking for in the past and sorry if I provoked, distracted or degraded you in any way.

Keep 'er goin'!!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Updates: a few teams are completed, i took a little break from organizing and worked on the player attire making sure uniforms are accurate. however... when i put certain equipment on players, it doesn't for some odd reason show up in-game.

Ex: Jeff Otah, i have him black elbow turf and he is not wearing in the game. Long Snapper J.J. Jansen has team color sleeves and turtleneck, yet it does not appear in-game.

If anyone knows how i can avoid this, tell me - thanks.
Regarding player equipment, I know exactly what you mean and below is how to solve this problem but read carefully because if not done correctly, you could cause name corruption problems.

1) Find a player in the same position that wears the high white/black/team arm bands, white/black turf or has their elbows taped and make sure it shows up in-game. Once you find a player who's elbow equipment appears in-game, read step two.

2) Using Finn's editor, copy the player you just found.

3) Paste that player onto the one that wears elbow equipment but it doesnt show up in game. Make sure that when you select paste player, that its simply "paste player". DO NOT use the paste exact copy or past attributes only.

4) Go into that player and edit everything back to what you originally had it. The only things you wont have to edit is the first and last name and a few other things but I dont remember them off-hand.

5) Once done, click accept and save the file.

6) Load in-game and the player equipment will NOW appear in-game.

NOTE: Dont ask me why some player's elbow equipment doesnt show while others do and why this trick works because I have no freaking idea. LMFAO.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 AM   #14
Banned

Thanks a lot, Dan. I will try that this weekend. But, just going to test it cause I had that name corruption stuff a few weeks ago, but managed to fix it.

UPDATE- for those who care

I took notice that the Denver Broncos I was working have a 3-4 Defense this year. I was organizing the depth chart via NFL.com and was surprised. A majority of teams now use the 3-4 (Packers, Jets, etc.)

I know it has to be boring for a team to use the same playbook. Everyone likes variety - I like variety. My friend is a football guru and loves making plays and stuff (dating back to Madden 04), so I am going to have him create custom Coach Specific playbooks. The playbooks will follow their coaching tree and coordinator adaptation. Packers have Mike McCarthy who ran 4-3, but until they hired Dom Capers, they switched up to 3-4.

Awhile ago, I uploaded a video of a psuedo-Wildcat in NFL 2K5 - since the actual plays are not in the game and the QB is not in shotgun this was a close approximation. It was accepted by some, but a lot of people want the realism and I understand that. I want some feedback on this, because I am thinking about adding these 'Wildcat' plays into playbooks. Get back at me for that.

You can check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE3uS_0Y6FM.

For the Franchise, obviously people are going to use one team so for the simulated CPU controlled Broncos, Jets, Packers etc they will have pre-exsisting playbooks like Ravens for Jets, Patriots for Broncos, and Texans for Packers. But if you want to play as one of them, you have the option to use this custom playbook and edit it anyway you want. It is just something to give this game a variety. I would like to expand on this (if successful) and have like a coach pool on Dophin's site. Each coach having their own playbook - now that is dope.

How will Coordinators come into play?

When you edit coaches in the Finn Editor, they have something with Formations and how the percentage of those are called (Shotgun Formation, I-Back, etc.) I am going to mess around with that tomorrow and see the outcome. Coordinators are the guys who call the plays, and the coach can either agree or override. You know, you press the random button and the CPU chooses a play for you - I like to think that is my coordinator giving his suggestion.

Please don't hold me to any of this, it's all experimental - just trying to expand on our favorite game.

You see it on Sunday, you see it in 2K.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
My friend is a football guru and loves making plays and stuff (dating back to Madden 04), so I am going to have him create custom Coach Specific playbooks.
Be aware there is a huge glitch with custom playbooks. The CPU will at times blitz all 11 players, leaving your receivers open for an easy reception and TD. I've seen it happen dozens of times, and as many as three times in a single game (5 min quarters).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Consistency goes 1-100.
Just throwing this out there... IMO, Consistency is the most important attribute for any player. If you track drafted players over their first couple of years, you'll see it's their Consistency rating that jumps up and causes the increase in their overall rating.

I look at it this way: if an NFL player isn't able to perform consistently on 95% of the plays he's involved in, then he wouldn't be playing football. That's why the the Consistency ratings in my roster are 95 and higher for all players. I understand people want to see a difference between star players and scrubs. But that can be accomplished by setting other ratings lower, in the way you've lowered QB Accuracy, Arm Strength, Composure, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »