Home

PS2 Roster help

This is a discussion on PS2 Roster help within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 Roster help

I keep reading in here for PS2 rosters. I have downloaded and re-created numerous available rosters (even the X-box rosters) to use for PS2. Unsure how the experts convert .zip files to .max files, but with some patience anyone can do this. Take the 90-91 Warpath file for example. Use Finns' editor to save and open, and then cut paste each player into a previously saved max file roster, it will take time and you need to understand how the naming convention works (the most challenging part)...this works easier and faster for individual teams but if you are a fan of one or two teams, download a blank historic team of your choice. Then cut paste (this will go quickly) the team of your choice from any file. Using this example download the Bills '90 historic roster, open this .max file and the x-box warpath file simultaneously in Finns editor. Go to warpath Bills and cut past exactly each player into the max file, the uniforms will be pre-set edit the coach to input Marv and save. (by the way Bruce Smith's face can be found in the unknown faces on the 2k5roster site) options and set the uniforms, edit the coach etc.. and save. Repeat this process 31 more times for a roster file or as needed for individual teams...I hope this helps, I have many individual team files (and "All Decade file, 1970's-2000's file using the editor all teams wear either NFC AFC or NFL uniforms), I built using this method, and count me in for roster projects where did we leave off? 1992?, great year Bills roll through the playoffs and get blown out in the SB, still say Bills win that game if Kelly doesn't audible to pass from the one....whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: PS2 Roster help

What are you using to get the save from your PC on to PS2 memory card? I'm guessing some kind of Action Replay product? Could you suggest a product?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

For PS2, Action Replay MAX Drive EVO. It's the one that has the USB drive on the fornt of the case.

After the AR program I have for Xbox kept screwing up on my laptop, I have decided to go back to the PS2 version once and for all. This way, I can sell my xbox as well and eliminate a system since I only used it for 2K5.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I bought and "returned" the AR Replay Max device you read about...I could not transfer files from the PS2 to the PC, which is useful when testing or fixing rosters.

I had a codebreakers disc that I bought years ago cheap that I now use along with a memory stick I formatted to FATS32 (any stick will work, but you need this cd or similar products to be able to access the stick in the PS2).

I use the PS2 save-builder program (free on-line) to convert files. the codebreakers use .cbs files this program easily converts these to max to use in Finns editor, I then convert them back to .cbs once I am done editing and transfer back to memory stick and back to the PS2.

I am using a first-gen PS2 without on-line access and all of this works well, so it can be done....

Hope this helps

Last edited by roadster; 12-30-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster
I bought and "returned" the AR Replay Max device you read about...I could not transfer files from the PS2 to the PC, which is useful when testing or fixing rosters.

I had a codebreakers disc that I bought years ago cheap that I now use along with a memory stick I formatted to FATS32 (any stick will work, but you need this cd or similar products to be able to access the stick in the PS2).

I use the PS2 save-builder program (free on-line) to convert files. the codebreakers use .cbs files this program easily converts these to max to use in Finns editor, I then convert them back to .cbs once I am done editing and transfer back to memory stick and back to the PS2.

I am using a first-gen PS2 without on-line access and all of this works well, so it can be done....

Hope this helps
So does this allow you to edit the roster in Finn's editor and the PS2 recognize it? I've read that PS2 files are not compatible with Finn's editor, but I'm not entirely sure what that means.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Yes it does. When you transfer the file from your PS2 to your PC, you need PS2 Save Builder in order to convert the file to max drive format. It only takes a few minutes.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Yes it does. When you transfer the file from your PS2 to your PC, you need PS2 Save Builder in order to convert the file to max drive format. It only takes a few minutes.
Sweet! I was thinking I was going to have to buy an Xbox in order to use Finn's editor for all of the editing.

Thanks for this information!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
Banned

KC_Classic7807's Arena

OVR: 11

Do you cant use just any USB to get roster file for PS2

can some plese PM and add me as a friend to help me out with his for the ps2

cause i just picked up a BRAND NEW COPY OF NFL 2K5 FOR JUST $1.09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »