Home

Roster Q/problem

This is a discussion on Roster Q/problem within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Roster Q/problem

Hey, I love the rosters/franchises on here, but I have a problem with my PS2

Basically I download the 2009-2010 final ps2 converted one from JSOU's thread, put it on the memory stick then use ARMax to copy it across and uncrush it. I then tried a 2007/8 roster which went on the stick fine, but...

The problem is they both show as RstFinn3, even when the name is different, plus have a spinning shark logo and can't be detected by NFL 2k5

I tried editing the name with ps2savebuilder but to no avail

Anyone got any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Roster Q/problem

I've sent this as a PM, but if anyone else needs it in future:

1. Open the save in PS2 Save Builder (google it),
2. Drag the file BASLUS-20919xxx (Where xxx is the name of the roster.) and drop it onto the desktop.
3. Rename the file BESLES-52943xxx and drag it back in to the editor.
4. Change the root ID in the same manner.
5. Save the file in whatever format you use.
6. Get the roster on the PS2 in whatever way you use.

*The next steps assume you use a Max Drive like I do*
6. Insert the Max Drive into the USB Port with write protection off.
7. Drag and drop the saved roster file into the max drive folder.
8. Safely remove the max drive
9. Insert your saved .max file
10. Put you max drive into the USB port of your PS2 and the AR MAX disc in the drive, with your memory card in the memory card slot.
11. Once the AR MAx disc has loaded go to Memoery Management and select your max drive.
12. Copy your roster to the memory card.
13 Select your memory card and uncrush the roster.
14. Now insert you NFL 2K5 disc and wait for it to load.
15 When it's loaded go to load / save and laod your roster.
16 Enjoy!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

The PS2 Save Builder is needed for when you're transferring files FROM your PS2 Max Drive TO your PC because for whatever reason, the files gets screwed up when you transfer the file from your PS2 memory card to the Max Drive.

---

Download those two files from whereever you downloaded them from onto your desktop. Put the Max Drive into your PC's USB port. It should automatically pop up. With that window open, copy and paste the files into that window. The Max Drive will also appear as an "E" Drive if you were to go into "My Computer".

After copying and pasting the files, close the window. Now, eject the Max Drive from your PC and insert it into the USB slot on your PS2. Insert the AR disc and go to Memory Manager.

Find the files and copy them over to your PS2 memory card. DO NOT uncrush them yet.

With both files now on your PS2 memory card, uncrush/copy them from your memory card to your memory card. You should now have four files on your memory card. Two crushed and two uncrushed. Delete the two crushed files.

Remove the AR disc and insert 2K5. Both files should be listed and load without any problems.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Note for the owner of www.nfl2k5rosters.com. Steps 1-5 only apply if you own a Region 2 PAL PS2 (ie the countries in purple on this map)

Region 1 NTSC users need not perform the first 5 steps. The first 5 convert the file to the PAL version of the game.

Regards,

Johnson#48

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »