OVR: 3
Re: 1995 Roster

This was a really good roster, I don't see it posted on the site. *bump*
Old 01-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I think I didn't put it up, because at the time we weren't sure if the file was valid or not. Turns out it is Explorer that was messing things up. I'll get it up on the rosters site pretty soon.

On a related note, I used the history program to create 1996 a while back. I'll have to look around for that one. I wasn't going to upload it, because there were a lot of guys with missing numbers and not enough players on some teams. After 88 is done, I'll take a second look at it and maybe get it in shape. That won't be until spring though...
Old 01-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

Oh wow, I actually took this file and downloaded Finn's editor for the first time last night because i've been dying for a 1996 file so I was going to start it. (Bledsoe, Martin, Glenn, Law, Milloy... not to mention the 2nd year Jags/Panthers team that almost went to the big dance). Long story short there is going to be a lot of trial and error I've realized, it's a lot touchier than I expected.

If your 96 file is stable enough to load on an xbox, and edit in-game I could totally fix it up. But if that's your project and you're looking forward to it I completely understand. =)
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #20
MVP

dophin26's Arena

I'll look for it tonight, if I get a chance (long work day today). If so, I'll post it and you can do what you'd like. If you're not familiar with Bad_Al's history program:

PROS and CONS _________________________________________________

1. It does a nice job of getting most players on the team. Only a few obscure guys are left off. It fills open slots with no name guys (Joe Nobody) and you need to remove them in-game or rename and rate them.

2. It rates the players, and does so pretty well. It doesn't take into account great years / poor years as far as I can tell.

3. It gives general equipment to the guys. In some cases, it is spot on, but guys change from year to year, so it isn't always accurate.

4. It assigns them their number, but guys that had multiple numbers are occasionally off.

5. If you want FAs, coaches, depth charts to be accurate, you'll have to do those.
__________________________________________________ _____________

It sounds like it leaves a lot to do, but it is remarkably playable as is and gives the roster maker such a leap forward, it is well worth using.

You won't have to use the program yourself (if I can find the file), but I thought I'd make you aware of the state it leaves the roster in.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #21
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

Cool thanks, yeah if it's already playable I'll probably just do general player edits to reflect any discrepancies I notice in attire or their performances in 1996. I unfortunately haven't been motivated enough to delve into the world of these PC editors for the 2k5 save files... so all the fancy work you guys do on playbooks and stuff I probably won't get to, but the rosters should look good at the very least. =)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #22
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Home now, but I can't locate the file. I may have removed it from my computer. If it doesn't turn up, I'll create another on and post it asap.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Home now, but I can't locate the file. I may have removed it from my computer. If it doesn't turn up, I'll create another on and post it asap.
Could you please post the sliders you use? Along with penalty settings? I've been trying on my own but can't seem to find a good balance.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #24
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Thanks man take your time on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »