Home

USB flash drive transfer is it possible?

This is a discussion on USB flash drive transfer is it possible? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
USB flash drive transfer is it possible?

I just got the USB flash drive patch for the xbox360 and was thinking about playing NFL2K5. However, I do not have internet at the house. I have 2 questions:

1 - I wont be able to even play the game without downloading some patch will I?

2 - If the answer to question 1 is yes and someone has the game on their xbox360 with the rosters, will they be able to save it and upload it so I can use it? I do not have a hdd transfer cable and dont really plan on buying one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: USB flash drive transfer is it possible?

If you hadn't played the game before on your 360 and don't have an internet connection, I'm not sure you can. i don't see why someone couldn't save the rosters on your flash and you being able to use them on your system. The flash drive is pretty just a xbox memory card in a sense. Plug it into any 360 and it should read any 360 related game saves and files. But in regards to your internet problem, you could remove your hdd bring to a friend's place, attach it to his system, sign in to live, load up the game, download the update and then you done. And all you would have to do it get him to save the roster from his hdd to your flash drive. You don't need an active internet connection to play the game after the update is save on your hdd.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks. I did not think about using another system with my hard drive. Good idea.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Pro

No problem.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

But there is no way rosters can be transferred via flash drive? Could I theoretically mail a flash drive to someone and they could put the updated rosters on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't believe you can... You aren't able to transfer Xbox1 saves between the HDD and a flash drive. So if you don't have a transfer cable to hook up your HDD directly to your computer with Xport or Xplorer, then you are pretty much SOL... Microsoft is selling the transfer cables in stores again, due to the release of the new 360, in order to transfer content from the old 360's HDD to the new 360's'. It'll cost you $19.99. It's near impossible to get them free anymore by calling Microsoft and asking them to send you one free.

If the transfer cable isn't an option for you, then you can always try a theory I had...

You can structure your flash drive to match exactly how the HDD is set up, in the section where Xbox1 saves are stored... (partition 3> compatability> xbox1> UDATA> 53450030) Then with the 2K11 roster placed in the 53450030 folder on the flash drive, before you boot up 2K5, remove your 360 HDD with only the flash drive being used as a memory device. Then hopefully, 2K5 can read your rosters directly from the flash drive...

BTW, beneath the xbox1 folder, then are two other folders I believe, other than just the UDATA folder. One is TDATA, and the other I forgot. But if you want to try this method of structuring your flash drive to use 2K5 saves, you need the other files that are in these UDATA and TDATA folders... Having only the roster file in the correct place won't work. Someone could upload these files that belong in the UDATA and TDATA folders (maybe me).

Let me know if you're interested in doing this... Or you could save all the hastle and just spend 20 bucks on a HDD transfer cable.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Pro

Yeah I just checked it out, like Krispy said you may be out of luck. But I'm testing another theory out right now. I will let you know if it works.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Pro

Okay my internet is not behaving right. But my theory was to remove your hdd and use the flash drive in its place. So you will have download the dashboard update again, and create a new profile on the flash or move your current over to it. Once you did this you pop in the 2K5 disc and attempt to play it. At this time you should be prompted with another "update popup" which would be for the game itself. This update is what is creating the "(partition 3> compatability> xbox1> UDATA)" just an opinion. What creates the folder "53430.." is you going in and creating a save in the game. Once you have done all this, i think you should be able to copy a roster file from some one hard drive to the flash, by going to system setting...then memory...find the 2k5 file...press "y" for game option and there now should be an option to copy. If that's not available, load up the game, then load up the rosters, go to save the roster, once in the save menu press the right trigger, and hopefully after downloading the updates you will be able to select the flash drive...which should show up as "memory card". I hope my theory works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »