Home

Can you update rosters on 360 slim?

This is a discussion on Can you update rosters on 360 slim? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Can you update rosters on 360 slim?

I know you can update rosters on the 360's with removable hard disk. How about the slim? The hard disk is internal and can't be removed. I was unable to move the 2k5 save to another drive to move to the pc and import roster files...

I am finding some limitations on the 360 slim that are very frustrating, I think it's time to start playing the ps3 more!

Let me know if this is possible - any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Can you update rosters on 360 slim?

There is a thread in here nut I cant remember where it is but it is on here. I have also heard of some people opening the slim and taking out the drive to get the file to transfer, but I wouldnt recommend that so I remember reading in here somewhere. Hope thats encouraging a little.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
I know you can update rosters on the 360's with removable hard disk. How about the slim? The hard disk is internal and can't be removed. I was unable to move the 2k5 save to another drive to move to the pc and import roster files...

I am finding some limitations on the 360 slim that are very frustrating, I think it's time to start playing the ps3 more!

Let me know if this is possible - any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mark
It's called Xbox360 slim sol or something like that it has 21 replies in it hope that helps.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Rookie

I found it thanks to your post.

Do we know of any way other than removal of the internal drive? It looks like that would require breaking the microsoft sticker (and thus void the warranty?).

I am hoping to try putting several game saves on the old xbox hard drive and then possibly transfer them over via the new transfer cable (the cable I have currently was for the older 360 hard drives and apparently does not work with the slime?).

Thanks again for any info!

Mark

Last edited by marxxx; 09-09-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
Rookie

kromo50's Arena

OVR: 11

no man taking out the hard drive is no problem no warranty issues it comes out east look up how to take out the hard drive on youtube. it is made to come out very easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
I found it thanks to your post. It basically says you have to remove the internal hard drive from the slim.

Do we know of any way other than removal of the internal drive? It looks like that would require breaking the microsoft sticker (and thus void the warranty?).

I am hoping to try putting several game saves on the old xbox hard drive and then possibly transfer them over via the new transfer cable (the cable I have currently was for the older 360 hard drives and apparently does not work with the slime?).

Thanks again for any info!

Mark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Rookie

xxjustblazexx's Arena

OVR: 3

I've seen that thread, and i saw i needed this cable (33in USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter Cable) from cablestogo, but looking at that cable and the 250 gig hardrive from the S system, i see no way to connect it, are we sure thats the right cable? i want to see what all the fuss about 2k5 is about but also want to be able to update the roster...

favorite teams:
OKC Thunder
Seattle Seahawks
University of miami (college football)
University of louisville (college basketball)
Devin hester!! Terrence Williams!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Got it working by removing the hard drive from the slim.
Thanks to all who posted!
It's going to be fun playing 2k5 again!!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
Rookie

xxjustblazexx's Arena

OVR: 3

Would i be able to use the EZTrans transfer cable from code junkies? i dont think im allowed to link it but, google code junkies EZTrans. It seems to fit the S consoles removable hard drive and it has a usb plug, is that a it needs?

favorite teams:
OKC Thunder
Seattle Seahawks
University of miami (college football)
University of louisville (college basketball)
Devin hester!! Terrence Williams!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »