Home

Rosters By Buttons

This is a discussion on Rosters By Buttons within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Rosters By Buttons

looking over the rosters the agression is very low 25? expecially for Patrick Willis.. That guy can cover half the field.. Im a defence minded guy just my 2 cents.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
Buttons: looks great so far! Thanks for all the effort. Rickster, as much as we appreciate your contributions, I think you need to seriously back off Buttons for his efforts on this one. Don't be so sensitive; he made amends by giving you credit. Case closed.

Buttons, do I have your permission to make some tweaks and convert this roster to PS3 format?
Count me in for those that are looking forward to the ps3 convert. I have a question, are the last names in the rosters being announced by the play by play guys?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #19
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Count me in for those that are looking forward to the ps3 convert. I have a question, are the last names in the rosters being announced by the play by play guys?
In looking over Buttons' file, that's a negative for a lot of players. There's some wonky stuff like that (no offense whatsoever, Buttons; you obviously put a lot of work into this) where players like Cam Newton (the game has the ability to pronounce his last name) are just being referred to as by their number instead; in Newton's case, it's [erroneously] #2. I haven't had a lot of time to go through it yet, but I will make time the next couple days (I finally have a few days off work) to go through and check some of that out. My big thing with the convert is going to be changing numbers, updating roster changes that happen between now and its release (ideally, I'd shoot for this weekend, but I know I'll be busy so I can give no promises), and the like. Overall, this appears to be a pretty solid roster.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
In looking over Buttons' file, that's a negative for a lot of players. There's some wonky stuff like that (no offense whatsoever, Buttons; you obviously put a lot of work into this) where players like Cam Newton (the game has the ability to pronounce his last name) are just being referred to as by their number instead; in Newton's case, it's [erroneously] #2. I haven't had a lot of time to go through it yet, but I will make time the next couple days (I finally have a few days off work) to go through and check some of that out. My big thing with the convert is going to be changing numbers, updating roster changes that happen between now and its release (ideally, I'd shoot for this weekend, but I know I'll be busy so I can give no promises), and the like. Overall, this appears to be a pretty solid roster.
Thanks guys! and yes you do have my permission to convert. absolutely. have fun guys.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #21
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks, Buttons!

I have the file converted to .max right now as I'm still going through and making sure names are pronounced/numbers are correct. I'll try to get the PS3 file up soon, but I give no promises on an exact date; as I said, I get super busy this week so I'm thinking it may be the weekend or even into next week. :-/ When I do, I'll launch a new thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
looking over the rosters the agression is very low 25? expecially for Patrick Willis.. That guy can cover half the field.. Im a defence minded guy just my 2 cents.

Actually the agression rating is what the programers at Visual Concepts used as their factory deault setting for most defensive backs only elite defensive backs used higher ratings its been like that since the first 2k football game up to 2k5.

Some were as low a 1 and none higher then 76 as in Arturo Freeman FS Miami Dolphins circa 2005.

Factory defaults work better because of the game programmers hard code programed in the games original gameplay which in turn leads to a more realistic style of gameplay and situtions.

Not all but most do provide a better fluid style of play with nothing over the top and staying within a more better presentation featured form to realisim as seen in a real NFL game.

Keepin' It Real
Rickster101
Old 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttons28
Thanks guys! and yes you do have my permission to convert. absolutely. have fun guys.
It's not that people don't ever have permission to convert...that's a given. It's that people want a blessing to convert, then "publish".

signed,

a former experienced roster maker/tweaker/cover artist
Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

The ratings are very accurate, good job. I'm wondering though where some of the players have gone that were in Ricksters roster file which you based it off. For example since I'm a Gmen fan I only noticed them so far, but Terrel Thomas isn't there and he's a starter. I used the editor to search he's no where to be found (which happens in real life too haha). Only 3 of their 5-6 CB's are there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »