Home

1981 season near completion

This is a discussion on 1981 season near completion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

OVR: 3
1981 season near completion

The season of "The Catch" in San Fran, "The Freezer Bowl" in Cincy, and the "**** in Miami" playoff shootout (Chargers vs Dolphins) is almost finished. I probably need another week or so. I have just 3 more teams to edit. The schedule is already created along with the 4 team divisions.

AFC EAST: Jets, Bills, Patriots, Colts
AFC NORTH: Oilers, Browns, Steelers, Browns
AFC WEST: Seahawks, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos
AFC SOUTH: Dolphins, Chiefs, Jaguars, Texans

NFC EAST: Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Cardinals
NFC NORTH: Bears, Buccaneers, Packers, Vikings
NFC WEST: Falcons, 49ers, Rams, Saints
NFC SOUTH: Cowboys, Lions, Ravens, Panthers

I didn't spend time creating playbooks. I will use the same ones Dophin used for the 1983 season. I also switched a few FBs to RBs for those who lead their team in rushing in the '81 season (Franco Harris, William Andrews, Mike Pruitt, etc..) since a majority of the playbook running plays feature the RB.

The '81 season featured the birth of the 49er dynasty. Talented teams such as the Falcons and Steelers for whatever reason missed the playoffs while the Giants with a limited amount of talent got in and made a nice run. Of course it didn't hurt to have the rookie Lawrence Taylor. Can't wait to finish the rosters.

Cowboys vs 49ers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Wzv...eature=related

Chargers vs Dolphins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-dS...eature=related

Chargers vs Bengals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI69yjPAyjo

Last edited by devinstate; 12-27-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 1981 season near completion

Yes! I've been thinking about 1982 myself and this could be a great bridge between the two. I've wanted to do the strike-shortened season for quite some time. I'll be the first one on board for this release.

Is it franchise only or roster too? I play franchise, but I know some just like to play one game.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

Sweet dude!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

I will have a roster file as well. For a first timer I believe I did a decent job with player attributes and recycling photos. I have Drew Brees for Joe Theismann, Rich Gannon for Danny White, Brett Favre for Ron Jaworski, Vinny Testaverde for Scott Brunner, and Kurt Warner for Dan Fouts just to name a few. Decided to go with Peyton Manning for Joe Montana instead of Tom Brady.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

I for one love historic files they seem to be a lot easier because you have all the data and facts....the "Browns" should have gone to the "Super Bowl" look out Elway history is about to be re-written!

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I for one love historic files they seem to be a lot easier because you have all the data and facts....the "Browns" should have gone to the "Super Bowl" look out Elway history is about to be re-written!

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101
Not sure if you're thinking about 1986 or 1987 instead of 1981, but any how I would love to rewrite history myself. I think the eventual Super Bowl champs 49ers were on the Browns schedule in '81. Be a Cowboy fan, 30 years later I'm still bitter about the Dwight Clark catch. The Lions also got away with a controversial win over the Cowboys with a last second game winning field goal with 12 men on the field.

Cowboys vs Lions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDLgoM8lGng

Last edited by devinstate; 12-20-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

That year Super Bowl should have been Chargers and Dallas.I can still see Dan Fouts beard frozen in Cincinnati in the AFC title game.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Oh yeah. That was the Super Bowl in the Pontiac Silverdome! Almost forgot about that (my home state). I think they just have monster truck stuff there now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »