Home

1981 Franchise & Roster files complete

This is a discussion on 1981 Franchise & Roster files complete within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 1981 Franchise & Roster files complete

Actually, it goes by winning percentage, so if a team wins just one game, they are likely going to be in. You're better of giving them no games at all.

Had a great game tonight. Played the Chargers against the Bills. Cribbs slammed the ball into the line all night and Joe Ferguson was on fire for a while, but the Bolts took over late in the third and Fouts was hitting everyone everywhere. He ended with 333 yards and 3 scores. Chuck Muncie looked good too. Game ended 41-14, but it was 14-14 at half and 21-14 after three. The Bills just went for it on 4th too many times by their own endzone.

Last edited by dophin26; 12-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Actually, it goes by winning percentage, so if a team wins just one game, they are likely going to be in. You're better of giving them no games at all.

Had a great game tonight. Played the Chargers against the Bills. Cribbs slammed the ball into the line all night and Joe Ferguson was on fire for a while, but the Bolts took over late in the third and Fouts was hitting everyone everywhere. He ended with 333 yards and 3 scores. Chuck Muncie looked good too. Game ended 41-14, but it was 14-14 at half and 21-14 after three. The Bills just went for it on 4th too many times by their own endzone.
Oh, okay. I'll revise the schedule with the expansion teams having no games and replace them in the previous postings. Thanks.

Last edited by devinstate; 12-21-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

Revised the schedule one last time eliminating any games for the expansion teams.

Last edited by devinstate; 12-21-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

Hey Dophin, do you or anyone else know if the Redskins used a two-back formation for the 1981 season? I know it's too long ago for most gamers. Both John Riggins and Joe Washington were listed as starting RBs on Pro Football Reference and had productive seasons. On my files I have Joe Washington as the starting RB because he had more rushing yards and 70 receptions. However, when I run simulated games I don't see the Diesel at all. Could you do a favor and have the Skins running the two-back formation like the Browns did in the mid 80's before you post the files on your site? I'm not sure how to do it myself. And of course I welcome any other changes you see fit.

After creating a season myself and reviewing all the extensive work you put in on the other 80's rosters I have an even greater appreciation for the job you have done. Thanks for making this such a great game to play.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #13
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Takes a while, doesn't it?

I'll check the Skins out and make the change.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
MVP

dophin26's Arena

The 2k5 site is updated with a page for the 1981 files.

I have made the adjustment to the Redskins as well to a two back system. Riggins gets the tight formations and Washington gets the more spread-look formations.

Not sure if you caught it, but the franchise file has the year set to something like 2236. A pain in the butt, but fixable.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
The 2k5 site is updated with a page for the 1981 files.

I have made the adjustment to the Redskins as well to a two back system. Riggins gets the tight formations and Washington gets the more spread-look formations.

Not sure if you caught it, but the franchise file has the year set to something like 2236. A pain in the butt, but fixable.
Thanks so much Dophin! Looks great on your site. It wouldn't have bother me to use The Catch as the main photo. I thought I would have seen Kellen Winslow but I'm just being picky.

You have to explain how to change the year. When I was creating the roster file any player that was born in 1953 or earlier was automatically bumped up to a century later to 2053 or something. This probably had something to do with the program generating a year of 2237 for the franchise instead of 1981. I would definitely like to have it right. When I updated the schedule eliminating games for the expansion teams I followed the original schedule and didn't switch any weeks around except for one game in week 17. The time of day may not be correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #16
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Unfortunately, you'd have to do the schedule from scratch and input the correct year. That means giving all teams 16 games too, but once it is finished, you can overwrite that with you other schedule and it overwrites the games but not the year.

I discovered that with this year's schedule.

Funny- I thought about Winslow too. I went with Dallas, because they were very good that year and the logo was in your sig. It's done now though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »