Home

Rosters pre 1978

This is a discussion on Rosters pre 1978 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rosters pre 1978

Forgive me if I'm wrong but on the 2k5 rosters page I don't think there are any rosters or franchises pre 1978 except the "all time" teams. I was just watching the 76' Raiders featured on America's Game and thought it would be great to have rosters & franchises from the 70's.

I know there are a lot of talented guys who've worked really hard to bring us what we have, just wondering why nothing earlier than 78?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Rosters pre 1978

I don't know about anyone else, but I made a lot of the early rosters and was a kid in the 80s, my favorite time for football, which is why I focused on those years. I wouldn't know too much about the 70s players (other than what I've seen here and there and have heard/read about).

I'd be happy to play them out though...
Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23in03
Forgive me if I'm wrong but on the 2k5 rosters page I don't think there are any rosters or franchises pre 1978 except the "all time" teams. I was just watching the 76' Raiders featured on America's Game and thought it would be great to have rosters & franchises from the 70's.

I know there are a lot of talented guys who've worked really hard to bring us what we have, just wondering why nothing earlier than 78?
Yeah, it would be cool if there were 70's rosters. It takes several weeks (or months for a family/working man) to create rosters. I thought about making a 1980 season roster when the Eagles, Falcons, and Chargers were the dominant teams but the veteran hard hitting Oakland Raiders came home with the Lombardi trophy. I'm not sure if there are enough old school enthusiasts to put in the time.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Agree that there not many pre-1980 season files available, but I personally created a ton of teams from the 1950's through the 1970's and all are available on Dolph's site...

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/capahistoric.html

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »