Home

NEW 2K13 PROJECT TO KEEP THE PHILOSOPHY OF 2K5 ratings

This is a discussion on NEW 2K13 PROJECT TO KEEP THE PHILOSOPHY OF 2K5 ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NEW 2K13 PROJECT TO KEEP THE PHILOSOPHY OF 2K5 ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Yes I used this somewhat when editing my rosters though his ratings are out there sometimes like calling Sproles the best RB in the league, but still reliable. You should ask Gillbold for permission to use his rosters as a base since you can use his in franchise, and starting from scratch is a daunting task.
you have read in my mind, i asked him this morning if i could use his work! and he said yes!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
Rookie

I've started some editing and i've found out that the rating guideline needed to be tweaked in the lower ratings. certains positions have a lot of below 70 OVR starter and i've also found out below 40 OVR players so based on 2K5 official ratings here is the updated guideline for my 2k13 rosters :

95-99 Greatest of all Time ( future all of famer without a doubt)
90-94 superstar, multiple time probowl
85-89 star , pro bowl alternate
80-84 above average starter
75-79 average starter and 1st round rookies
70-74 below average starter and some rotational role player (nickel back, 3rd down pass rusher, blocking TE for example) and 2nd round rookies
60-69 above average backup(starter potential) and 3/4 round rookies , basically the second stringers
50-59 average backup and 5/6 round rookies , basically the third stringers
40-49 below average backup and 7th round rookies , basically the 4th stringers with a menbership for healthy scratch on gameday.
35-40 end of bench, practice squad player , 7th round and undrafted rookies
Old 10-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #19
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

This sounds like a good idea in principle and it has been done before just not lately but by other her guys who have edited rosters in previous years long before Gill and I'm sure he is aware of this fact.

I among a long standing group of fellow members have been at this for a very long time including the creator of the NFL 2k editor Finn himself who started off editing Hockey rosters back in the day and gave us this modding tool commonly known as the "Finn Editor".

My point being that even tho there are a few current and recent rosters available now there are still quite a few archived at Dolphins 2k5 roster site and should be looked at along with the tons of info and knowledge left and discussed by these gentlemen who should not be forgotten amongst the best in my opinion is Puja21 who is practically a legend known to those of us who have dedicated time and effort creating and editing 2k rosters.

Don't find yourself limited confined and/or constricted to just one roster or concept in idea or principle.

Your presentation here shows a true passion to wanting a better way of doing rosters and should be viewed as such but keep in mind the many past, present and current members who still come here checking out and chiming in on whats currently going on with rosters still being edited and updated yearly their contributions should not be dismissed or forgotten and can prove to be helpful in your quest to perfect and improve on a legacy still on going.

Knowledge and knowing is power.....Absolute power is corrupt and destructive....

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
This sounds like a good idea in principle and it has been done before just not lately but by other her guys who have edited rosters in previous years long before Gill and I'm sure he is aware of this fact.

I among a long standing group of fellow members have been at this for a very long time including the creator of the NFL 2k editor Finn himself who started off editing Hockey rosters back in the day and gave us this modding tool commonly known as the "Finn Editor".

My point being that even tho there are a few current and recent rosters available now there are still quite a few archived at Dolphins 2k5 roster site and should be looked at along with the tons of info and knowledge left and discussed by these gentlemen who should not be forgotten amongst the best in my opinion is Puja21 who is practically a legend known to those of us who have dedicated time and effort creating and editing 2k rosters.

Don't find yourself limited confined and/or constricted to just one roster or concept in idea or principle.

Your presentation here shows a true passion to wanting a better way of doing rosters and should be viewed as such but keep in mind the many past, present and current members who still come here checking out and chiming in on whats currently going on with rosters still being edited and updated yearly their contributions should not be dismissed or forgotten and can prove to be helpful in your quest to perfect and improve on a legacy still on going.

Knowledge and knowing is power.....Absolute power is corrupt and destructive....

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Well said as always Rickster I hope more guys will continue producing rosters weather or not they use someones as a base or not you got to love a variety of ideas and rosters. Best of luck with your project.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Thanks for your thought, it means a lot coming from a legend like you in the 2k5 communauty.
As i wrote it in my first post, i give all the credits of previous and past guys that have done a tremendous job on creating rosters and editing rosters, i have downloaded most of them and they are all great and unique.I will never have the pretention of doing better, i just came to the conclusion that we lost somewhere the initial philosophy of the original 2k5.

My point in this project is just that i feel that recent update have players ratings way to different than in the 2k5 original game. i know there is a lot of theory saying that 2k conceptors should not be viewing as the perfect rating guru but i think it was that rating philosophy that was a big part of the success of this game and why we love it so much.

with such a project you've got to understand that the OVR ratings is the focal point . i have never been a stat psychopat, maybe because too much super workout warriors have been super bust in my ravens team so far. So i had to decide what i really want.

I decided that the OVR rating is the best way to have an homogeonous roster, playable and precise enough to create real game strategy (with few sliders adjustment)

to stick with the original 2k5 philosophy wich was for exemple the obligation to play with a QB1 with only 70 OVR rating like for the ravens (boller) or the cowboys for example forced us to play with this team philosophy and that was the beauty of 2k5. i mean even if i love the saints or packers playbook, i wanted to play the way my ravens played. i can't even imagine the reactions of today madden addict player if their team had a QB rated 70!
of course as a die hard fan my premiere reaction at Boller rating was : WTF! but now more than 6 years later i can tell you that this original 2k5 roster was pretty accurate based on game performance and influence not on combine results.

well i know i'm a bit messy in my demonstration, but i wanted to find a way to create an actual roster without the feeling of something was wrong and without the need of reguraly editing players to boost them up especially my favorite player.

i know it's totally my point of view but for example if i create Cary williams the ravens starting corner who has only one interception in all his carreer and who is getting beaten reguraly , i'm feeling ok to rate him low and if i feel the urge of boosting him i just have to take a look at the original 2k5 roster ratings to see that there was ton of starters CB that were rated in the low 70 or the high 60.

i guess my problem is the perception of the OVR ratings and thats why i think the rating guideline i've published wich is based on the official nba 2k series rating guideline is a good start to understand the 2k5 philosophy.

we tend to think that an nfl starter should be rated 80 at least... i now think that an average nfl starter should be rated 70. to get to this rating we have to adjust some crucial caracteristic of the player and to accept that the result with these caracteristic will not match with the combine results of this player. that's the most difficult thing to understand here. but that's the only way to obtain these rollercoster rating wich create the realism and particularity of each team at each position.

i'm also encouraged by the results of the simulations of a lot of franchise season i've done with the original 2k5 rosters wich ,with some sliders adjustement, are pretty realistics.

So let the fun begins...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #22
Rookie

I'm looking for the original nfl 2k5 players list with all their attribute in pdf format ?

it would be a very helpfull source for me and a huge gain of time.

let me know if someone has that list...

cheers
Old 10-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #23
Rookie

i got it : i've find the last official 2k5 update by visual concept in 2k5rosters.com and thanks to finn's editor i'm able to export the data in excel board! that's awesome i will have my database starting point and point of comparaison for editing the 2k13 players ratings...
Old 10-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
Rookie

been working a lot on data so far. i've have edited an excell sheet with all the players of the original 2k5 sorted by position and with all their attribute.

i have now a perfect picture of the guideline rating and the correspondant attribute for each player.

i am now picking for each guideline rating range 3 to five player , basically each type of player at the same position.

for example , based on 2k5 official rating :

for the 99-95 range : we have peyton manning and brett favre . manning is a throwback type player while brett favre is more a balanced QB. no pure scrambler in this rating range. i will use their attributes as base for the 2k13 player with the same ratings wich will probably be brady and rodgers and maybe brees...

for the 90-94 range : we have culpepper , vick and mcnabb wich are good base for the 2k13 superstar scrambler even if i'm not sure 2k13 scrambling Qb deserve to be rated so high.

and so goes on, you understand the drill...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »