Home

Franchise question

This is a discussion on Franchise question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise question

Hello everyone... I have been doing ALOT of reading on this forum, have downloaded some rosters, to great success and now I have a question. Due to my extensive reading of this forum I have discovered that all new franchises have either a slow down/freezing problem or stat glitches in years 2-3. I also read that Puja's 07-08 franchise was the last stable franchise to not encounter these issues. You may correct me if I am wrong... So my question is, if this information is correct, could we not use that franchise file as the base for a new roster set or would that not be possible without Puja's permission? Just curious as I would like to have a current working franchise with correct stats. Thanks to everyone's hard work and effort in keeping this excellent game alive!

Sorry for long post...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Franchise question

Of course you'd want his permission if you were going to release that file to the public but the stat glitches occur because of changing players years pro. So unless we kept his file nearly untouched (yrs pro wise) you can't necessarily guarantee it'll be glitch/freeze free.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Rookie

So if I am understanding correctly... If we theoretically used his or even VC's roster and matched up as many 2013 players years pro with the one's in either of those rosters and then changed the rest of the stats, it should work?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Yep. Should work.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Yep. Should work.

I'm kinda suspect on this one Gill the in game years only go up to 1984 we'd be treading unknown waters in theory by using the editor it should work I'd agree.....in theory we've only seen puja pull it of without a single glitch and I did to something like 2 years ago to pull it off you'd probably have to use the default update for roster integrity to be sure.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
Rookie

I believe I have solved this problem... More info later today...
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Of course you'd want his permission if you were going to release that file to the public
I wouldn't bother with that. He is no longer around. He hasn't been here in years. I'd say those are public domain at this point.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I wouldn't bother with that. He is no longer around. He hasn't been here in years. I'd say those are public domain at this point.

Wow you are too funny Dolphin "public domain" I for one can see the humor in this and wonder about what and where our man Puja is these days, wish he could see this I'm sure he'd probably get a good chuckle outta it I hope all is well with him a class act for sure when he was around and an inspiration for those who knew of him .

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »