Home

PS2 transfer?

This is a discussion on PS2 transfer? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: PS2 transfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I'm guessing the files are converted from xbox saves, and when you convert you have to have a "base" file. The same "base" file must of been used for a few of the saves, that's why you get files with the same name. Hope that made some sense lol. You'll probably have to re-save them in-game as new saves to officially rename them.
hey gill you were right to bro, i had to do them all 1 by 1, then rename in game..mannnn this rosters is hot! ty guys so much for doing this!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead, but I don't seem to have permission to post a new one.

I have followed this guide and several others, but am running into a problem with the file transfer that I haven't seen mentioned in this or any of the other threads on the topic.

When trying to uncrush/copy/move the roster file from my USB to the PS2 memory card, I am able to see the file, check it and begin the operation - but in each of those situations I get a "Error reading file..." message, and it doesn't get transferred.

I did a reformat, and tried a couple different files for Gill's rosters, but the result is the same. What I can figure out is whether I need a new USB drive - I got the impression that is the drive was the issue, I wouldn't be able to see the file at all in the AR Max interface, and I can see it. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #19
Rookie

If anyone has a flash drive other than the max drive that works please let me know what is the make and model of it. I've tried several drive in the house. Still won't work...
Old 09-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #20
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't have mine anymore, but make sure your usb stick is formatted in fat32. Depending on the size of the stick it might take a few mins to read the files on it. You should see a magnifying glass rotating showing that it is searching the stick. Try a file from any other game and see if it shows up. Make sure you put the save on the root of your stick, not hidden in any folders. If none of that works I'm not sure what the problem is. I've use a cheap generic usb, SanDisk cruzer, my old phone, a psp, a portable hd and have had 0 problems. Hope it works for you.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #21
Rookie

Thx bro im going to try some more game saves... The only thing I can think of is maybe the ar max disc has to be updated??? Because it gives me this message everytime i load the disc " detact a network connection would you like to search on line for updates " that's the only thing I can think of. I'm going to hardwire the ps2 and hopefully that works Thx again for the reply
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #22
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

That update might have to do with the cheats stored on the max drive. There's no updates for games on the ps2 with the lack of a HD so that's why I'm guessing it has to do with the cheats. What version of the max drive do you have? I heard the "evo" version has some compatibility issues.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:23 AM   #23
Rookie

ArcjYour right the update message that pops up when you load the disc up had nothing to do with it. I took the mini sd 2 gb scandisk and formated it to fat 32 again place the file on there like so, and placed it into the ps2. I did even step i had been doing before and there it was!... As soon as I went to the flash drive symbol on max memory I noticed that magnified glass searching over the book and then the file showed up. I think the reason I didn't notice it before was because the 3 other flash drives i tried didnt work. When you have a drive that isn't compatible its not going to search it at all and I over looked it by the time I had started on the 4th drive to see if it works, I was probably being to impatient and didn't see it
Old 09-30-2014, 04:26 AM   #24
Rookie

Thanks bro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »