Home

PS2 transfer?

This is a discussion on PS2 transfer? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #25
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: PS2 transfer?

Somewhat off topic but is there a way to convert a PS2 roster file into a Xbox file? I just bought an xbox off eBay for cheap and have never dealt with xbox saves before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #26
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, you can convert saves to xbox and vice versa. I made a tutorial awhile back on how to do it, but I think I lost it. I'll see if I can find it. If you don't hear from me just send me a PM and I'll get the info to you.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Yeah, you can convert saves to xbox and vice versa. I made a tutorial awhile back on how to do it, but I think I lost it. I'll see if I can find it. If you don't hear from me just send me a PM and I'll get the info to you.
Thanks man! Definitely would appreciate it. I'll keep an eye out on this post.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #28
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I can't find it, I had one with pictures but hopefully text can do the job:

You'll need 2 programs; PS2 Save Builder and the 2K5 Editor. Also a PS2 max file as well as any Xbox 2K5 save.

1. Open PS2 Save Builder, go to File--->Open and choose you PS2 max file.
2. You should now see the contents of the max file. Right click on the BASLUS-xxxx file and choose extract. Extract to somewhere where you can find it easily.
3. Rename that BASLUS-xxx file you just extracted to SAVEGAME.DAT (all caps)
4. XBOX saves usually come in .zip files. Double click on the xbox zip file and it should open in your Zip archiver program (if you don't have one, google WinRar or 7Zip.)
5. You should see some numbered folders, keep navigating in them until you come across a SAVEGAME.DAT file.
6. Take your renamed BASLUS file (now SAVEGAME.DAT) and drag it into where the XBOX SAVEGAME.DAT is, replacing it.
7. Close the archiver program (winrar, 7zip, etc.) and now open the XBOX save in the 2K5 editor.
8. Double click on any player (opening their player info) and without making any changes click Accept
9. Now save the file and you'll be able to load it on your console.

Converted files always take on the save name of the "base" file. In this case whatever xbox save you use to convert to, it'll have that save name when you load it up. So keep that in mind.

Any questions, let me know.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #29
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I can't find it, I had one with pictures but hopefully text can do the job:

You'll need 2 programs; PS2 Save Builder and the 2K5 Editor. Also a PS2 max file as well as any Xbox 2K5 save.

1. Open PS2 Save Builder, go to File--->Open and choose you PS2 max file.
2. You should now see the contents of the max file. Right click on the BASLUS-xxxx file and choose extract. Extract to somewhere where you can find it easily.
3. Rename that BASLUS-xxx file you just extracted to SAVEGAME.DAT (all caps)
4. XBOX saves usually come in .zip files. Double click on the xbox zip file and it should open in your Zip archiver program (if you don't have one, google WinRar or 7Zip.)
5. You should see some numbered folders, keep navigating in them until you come across a SAVEGAME.DAT file.
6. Take your renamed BASLUS file (now SAVEGAME.DAT) and drag it into where the XBOX SAVEGAME.DAT is, replacing it.
7. Close the archiver program (winrar, 7zip, etc.) and now open the XBOX save in the 2K5 editor.
8. Double click on any player (opening their player info) and without making any changes click Accept
9. Now save the file and you'll be able to load it on your console.

Converted files always take on the save name of the "base" file. In this case whatever xbox save you use to convert to, it'll have that save name when you load it up. So keep that in mind.

Any questions, let me know.
Thanks man, I'll let you know if I have any problems.
Old 03-25-2023, 04:25 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did u learn the process?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »